Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#32822 02/17/06 04:53 AM
goal
goal
Nathan had the availability to go to a private school entering his 9th grade. I am not sure where the REPORTER got that he went there to better his grades. He was doing fine and how hard is 8th grade anyways.
The issue was the Private school and the workload, difference in class study and overall dynamics of the situation. He did not do very well with his studies and therefore could not and was not eligible for sports.
He then went back to public school and repeated his 9th grade and played soccer.
His grades are fine; he has a 3.25 GPA since being at NW.

He has been in 4 schools in that last 4 years.

He did not do very well with his studies and therefore could not and was not eligible for sports.
He then went back to public school and repeated his 9th grade and played soccer.

Those are all quotes from his father/guardian...no, no clear statement of whether he played in Private or public and for how many years. Just that he played in Georgia, they were not good and he then came to SC. I have read the post, but they are not giving us the whole truth. I can only go by what is being told. and no matter how you cut it he has passed his 8 semesters of school and is no longer eligible!

#32823 02/17/06 05:07 AM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
It doesnt matter if the HSL or NHS caught it or not. HE knew!!! He knew he had been in high school for 5 years. It seems that if he or his family cared so much about his future they wouldnt have just pretended like nothing ever happend. The fact is that they knew what the deal was and hoped that no one would notice. Or it least thats the way it seems.

#32824 02/17/06 05:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ChuckNorris, hmm, new name ah?

"He went back to public school and repeated 9th grade and played soccer"

I would think this makes clear sense as to when he started playing and what grade.
SOoo, as many know, GA and SC have they same rules so it does not matter where he played public really but everyone but YOU know that Nathan came from GA last year as a Junior to Northwestern.

See, you really have to be a participant to the forum and know the players and posters before just getting on here and start talking smack...

Besides, IF you were ever at the greatest pinnacle of your career in HS and lost your Senior year, you would feel a bit different soooo...

The ORIGINAL POST really wasn't meant for anyone pasttime of smack about the "rule". It was more for the folks that actually know of or know Nathan, and their general opinions about the situation.

You can state the rule, but your beating a dead horse on it. The **** is a given...

And as for your reading, its like hearing but not listening....

#32825 02/17/06 05:11 AM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
didnt he pretty much give you his opinion on the situation??? You just want to hear people who think you are right it seems.

#32826 02/17/06 12:41 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Five pages on this topic!!!I hope someone makes a decision soon so we can move on..Keep it real...It's high school soccer..not life

#32827 02/17/06 01:43 PM
X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
I could not agree more with the last two posts. I have no idea what could be accomplished by bringing this up on the board. The pity is that the young man's business has been aired for everyone to see. It appears that self aggrandizement or commiseration appeasr to be the goal here- this is rarely found on this board. For Nathan's sake, let this go.

#32828 02/17/06 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know anything about the story but what you have said. However, those of you complaining about him loosing his ability to be recruited I have two facts/statements for you.

First there are very few times that a player will get recruited for the first time at a h.s. game. If he is on the coaches radar they may go watch him play to get some more looks in. i.e. south carolina was at more than half of south aikens games last year watching goose, and jamal.

Secondly, those complaining he wont get a fait shot at being recruited becuase he lost his senior season are also misinformed. The prime recruiting year for college coaches is the players U-17 (or junior) year.

Unfortunate for Arroyo, congrats to all the teams that were hunting NW.

#32829 02/19/06 12:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember boys, this is only 1 topic about the subject that had been in the Herald 3 days running.

There are 3000 other topics you can go read...

scplaya08, that make sense. There are always situations and circumstances as to why coaches might want or have to preview a player during their HS season.

Hey, I am only stating what the actual current situation is since i have talked to the coaches...

#32830 02/19/06 04:01 PM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
scplaya08, are you being recruited? Also other than USC and a couple of other smaller schools, how many college coaches have you seen at a high school game? I can garuntee you that Coach Adair from Clemson RARELY attends any high school soccer matches. Instead he does his recruiting when the players are playing against good competition that is there own age. How many quality D-1 coaches want to watch a great player run around freshman and sophmores? Not many. If a good player is worth being recruited then he isn't worth watching in high school because it just won't be fair.

#32831 02/20/06 01:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tigerman I agree with you. what I was saying (not clearly though) is that college soccer coaches do not normally recruit at highschool soccer games. Instead they are at the big tournaments or local (high-level) club games. And no I am not getting recruited, but I was. And now I am playing D-1 ball.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard