Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
world cup
world cup
Lstate,

What are you saying....NW "blew out" FM twice last season? Some would argue that the game at FM should have never went into OT.....that the ball went over the goal line and the refs never counted the goal for FM.

We can talk about shots all day, and I'm the first to give NW their props, but please don't diminish FM's effort and make it sound like they are lucky to be on the same field as them.

Here's a question, and I'm interested in hearing some opinions. NW was the better team last year and they earned their trip to the semi-finals. This year, is the gap between NW and FM larger or smaller than it was last year? For NW, losing Arroyo hurts, but it's offset by the emergence of Enzo. All those juniors are now hungry seniors. FM lost key players in Riggio, Whitman, Barbieri and Foster(?). Has the gap widened?

goal
goal
I saw both FM vs NW games last year, both were very close and in my opionion FM had alot of very good chances. FM's GK last year kept them in alot of games espically the game at NW last year. For a shot count how am i supposed to rememeber that from over a year ago? Just make sure if you are not doing anything when NW and FM play each other you go to the game, it will be a good one.

FM deserves to be where they are right now and can easily compete with a team of NW calibure.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Hurst

he is the one that made it sound like NW did not deserve to get the win. its pretty hard to "should have won the game" without any shots. FM played very well in both matches.

I thought the game at FM could have gone either way last year.

But since you guys are FM supporters, you guys must be right.
I was not diminshing any effort. He is the one who diminished NW's effort both times last year.

I am out.

K
bench
bench
K
quote:
Originally posted by WhatDoesItMatter:
AAAA Region 3:

1) Fort Mill
2) Northwestern
3) Gaffney
4) Rock Hill
5) Lancaster
6) York

The top 2 could go either way I just want FM to take it.

so much for york being last they beat rock hill 3-0

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
you might want to check with hurst and the fm supporters on the updated predicted standings. they know everything

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
quote:
Originally posted by Flarehead:
O so losing at your own house is a fluke? Wando is a great team but they straight up loss at home. I think they have a great shot at winning their region but to say the HH win was a fluke is just stupid.

You are stupid if you think that game wasn't a fluke. How did HH score. Was it a great build up or great individual play. NO It was an intercepted back pass and then pack it in. How much possesion did HH have. Maybe 30%. And thats probably exagerating. Same thing that happened at irmo tonight. Irmo is a way better team the DF. I thought the controled the game and DF did nothing. But games aren't always won by the better team. Thats why this game is loved.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Wait...you were at the Wando HH game the other day...and at the Irmo game tonight?

bench
bench
I don't know about the Irmo-DF game, but I saw the Wando-HH game and I have to agree with 4Adefender. Not to take anything away from HH..they came to play and they played hard the entire game.their defense did a great job, but Wando controlled most of the game and outshot HH by a huge margin. HH capitalized on one mistake by Wando. It was one of those games when the score didn't really reflect the game as a whole..but that happens in soccer.

As for Irmo-DF, everyone keeps slamming the Irmo GKs and talks about the strength of the DF GKs, but interestingly, the game was lost as a result of missed PK by Irmo and not a save...go figure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wando is a good team but they wont runaway with their region like they have for the past couple of years. They'll lose to james island once and to stratford or west ashley once.

bench
bench
I agree that Region VII is tighter than it has been in the past. Wando-JI will be a great match up..it's always a hard played rivalry.. and it could go either way, but Wando lose to Stratford or WA? No way.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard