Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
N
Congratulations to Andrew Evans of BC for being chosen the Gatorade, South Carolina, Boys Soccer, Player of the Year for 2005-2006.
Good Luck this season!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
How can you be chosen when the season has not even began?

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
First off, congratulations to Andrew Evans- and I do mean that.

To wit: what does this award mean. I know that you have to be nominated by a coach in good standing, but other than that I am mystified each year.

Like futbol said, the season has yet to begin and in addition to that I am pretty sure evans missed a substantial part of last year with his injury. What factors are made for this award.

Is it for the best senior soccer player. Does club factor in. Does ODP. Is it academic in nature. Contributions to society.Overcoming obstacles. Help?

C
bench
bench
C
Congrats to Blakley Mattern aswell for being chosen as the Gatorade, Girls Soccer, Player of the Year for 2005-2006.

F
throw in
throw in
F
Congrats to nick finotti an impressive pre-season

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
futbol G

what in the world does that have to do with gatorade player of the year? Andrew Evans plays for BC, not Greenville. I hope for you and whatever team you play for that the post was not a sarcastic, personal shot at Finotti.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I thought the same thing Lowerstate4A, it confused me. On the other hand, I do find it strange that you would already choose a player of the year one game/tournament into the season. I don't understand that. Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the season is finished to vote on the player of the year? What are the qualifications? Is it random...popularity contest....which coach has more pull....or is there some method to the madness. I by no means want to take away from the honor that this is for Andrew Evans, but the selection process this early in the season tends to be suspect. Not like you can pick the team of the year this early in the season, you never know who is going to win it all in the end...you would think that this would be the same for the player of the year award.

World Cup
World Cup
Gatorade Player of the Year

State Winners Selection Process

Each year, from the nominations received, a total of 10 athletes from each state and the District of Columbia are selected in football, volleyball, baseball, softball, and boys' and girls' basketball, soccer, and track and field. State winners are selected not only for their outstanding athletic performance, but for academic achievement and individual character.

The selection process is administered by Scholastic Coach & Athletic Director magazine, which works with sport-specific experts and a media advisory board of top prep sports writers to determine the state winners in each sport.

All state winners are eligible to be named a Gatorade National Player of the Year in their respective sport.

Player of the Year Advisory Board

The Gatorade Player of the Year program is administered by Coach & Athletic Director magazine. The magazine, along with the Gatorade Advisory Board, vote on and decide the national and state athletes of the year.

The media advisory board consists of the following:

* Larry Ames, Ventura County Star
* David Baron, Houston Chronicle
* Bill Buchalter, Orlando Sentinel
* Doug Fritz, Johnson City Press
* John Gillooly, The Providence Journal
* Doug Huff, Student Sports Inc.
* Kurt Kragthorpe, Salt Lake City Tribune
* Chris Lawlor, USA Today
* Bruce Moran, Newark Star-Ledger
* Stu Pospisil, Omaha World-Herald
* Bobbi Roquemore, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel