Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#33096 02/17/06 09:54 PM
goal
OP Offline
goal
Beautiful day down here in Charleston! Time for some great soccer for the low country! Updates forth coming.......

goal
OP Offline
goal
2006 Carolina Soccer Classic
February 17-19 | Mount Pleasant, SC

GROUP A
Friday
6:30 pm - Bishop England vs. Porter-Gaud
8:00 pm - Spring Valley vs. Hilton Head
Saturday
9:00 am - Porter-Gaud vs. Spring Valley
10:30 am - Hilton Head vs. Bishop England
2:30 pm - Porter-Gaud vs. Hilton Head
4:00 pm - Bishop England vs. Spring Valley

GROUP B
Friday
6:30 pm - Pinewood Prep vs. Summerville
8:00 pm - Greenville vs. Bluffton
Saturday
9:00 am - Summerville vs. Greenville
10:30 am - Bluffton vs. Pinewood Prep
2:30 pm - Summerville vs. Bluffton
4:00 pm - Pinewood Prep vs. Greenville

GROUP C
Friday
6:30 pm - Brookland-Cayce vs. Wando
8:00 pm - Socastee vs. Hilton Head Christian
Saturday
9:00 am - Wando vs. Socastee
10:30 am - Hilton Head Christian vs. Brookland-Cayce
2:30 pm - Wando vs. Hilton Head Christian
4:00 pm - Brookland-Cayce vs. Socastee

The Championship and Third Place matches are scheduled to be played the College of Charleston Soccer Stadium and all other games will be played at the adjacent Patriots Point Athletic Complex on Mount Pleasant.

Sunday, February 19
9:30 am - 11th, 9th, and 7th place matches
10:00 am - 3rd place match at College of Charleston Soccer Stadium
11:00 am - 5th place match
12:30 pm - Championship at College of Charleston Soccer Stadium

J
world cup
world cup
J
No one cares about the CSC ..everyone here has a healthy case of Midlands Bias..duh!

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
hey if anyone can try and find the summerville vs pinewood score that would be nice and inform me how Hilton Head is doing as soon as possble

C
Brace
Brace
C
summerville 2 pp o
spring valley 1-0 at half
spring valley should win easy. HH did not give them to much trouble in 1st half.

A
Goal
Goal
A
FROM THE POST AND COURIER--BISHOP ENGLAND 1 PORTER GAUD 1, SUMMERVILLE 2 PINEWOOD PREP 0,SPRING VALLEY 3 HILTON HEAD 0,GREENVILLE 5 BLUFFTON 0,SOCASTEE 5 H.H. CHRISTIAN 0,WANDO 1 B.C. 0.

H
kick off
kick off
H
From what i saw it is a shame that P.P. lost that match against Summerville, since it seemed to me that P.P. controlled much of the game especially in the midfield, but they had trouble converting their chances. I'm not saying Summerville wasn't deserving of a win, but Pinewood squandered a lot of goal opportunities, although i heard that Summerville was missing several starters.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Hawk you are a little one sided, PP had only 1 ck and 4 or 5 shots. every time they got close to the goal summerville stuffed them. Summerville had two shots of the post, I am sorry but they were outplayed, PP is a good team but summerville played a litte better and the outcoume showed. I am sure that both teams will do well this year.

H
kick off
kick off
H
I didn't say they outplayed them in the box. I said Pinewood had a lot of possession, and they squandered several opportunities. I agree that the Summerville defense played well, but Pinewood should have been able to capitalize on all their possession.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
BE 3 - Hilton Head 0. Should be a good game this afternoon between Spring Valley and Bishop England.

A
Goal
Goal
A
SCORES THAT I NOTICED ON THE STANDINGS BOARD THIS AFTERNOON. SPRING VALLEY 8 PORTER GAUD 0, (AS ALREADY MENTIONED) B.E. 3 H.H. 0, GREENVILLE 2 SUMMERVILLE 0, BLUFFTON 1 PINEWOOD PREP 0,WANDO 0 SOCASTEE 0, B.C. 3 H.H.C. 1.

AT THE HALF WANDO ALOT H.H.C. 0, P.G.0 H.H. 0, SUMMERVILLE 1 BLUFFTON 0.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
thats a big difference between spring valley 8 porter gaud 0 to hilton head and porter gaud being tied i wonder why hilton head hasnt scored

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
in the entire tournament i mean

H
kick off
kick off
H
B.E. 2 - Spring Valley - 1. Pretty even match, but B.E. deserved the win.

B.C. 2 - Socastee 1. Didn't see much of the game, so can't really give any details.

Goal
Goal
scores that i've heard

BE 2 SV 1

BC 2 Socastee 1

believe the final is between Greenville and BE

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
BE and Greenville. Should be a good game. Another Finotti coached team in a tournament final. shocking!

goal
OP Offline
goal
Greenville and BE will play in the finals...with the rematch of the scorless tie between Socastee and Wando for 5th....and Spring Valley and Sumerville playing for 3rd....some good match-ups in the morning.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Carolina Soccer Classic Sundays Games

11th place game
Hilton Head Christian vs Pinewood Prep

9th place game
Blufton vs Porter Gaud

7th place game
Brookland Cayce vs Hilton Head

5th place game
Socastee vs Wando

3rd place game
Summerville vs Spring Valley

1st place game
Greenville vs Bishop England

Good luck and dress warm

hat-trick
hat-trick
BC 0-1 Wando
BC 2-1 Socastee
BC 3-1 HHC
Socastee 0-0 Wando
Socastee 5-0 HHC
Wando 5-0 HHC

Bishop England 2-1 Spring Valley
Bishop England 3-0 Hilton Head
Bishop England 1-1 Porter Gaud
Spring Valley 7-0 Porter Gaud
Spring Valley 3-0 Hilton Head
Hilton Head 3-0 Porter Gaud

Greenville 5-0 Pinewood Prep
Greenville 2-0 Summerville
Greenville 5-0 Bluffton
Summerville 2-0 Bluffton
Summerville 2-0 Pinewood Prep
Bluffton 1-0 Pinewood Prep

hat-trick
hat-trick
Final Group standings

Bishop England 22
Spring Valley 16
Hilton Head 10
Porter Gaud 4

Greenville 29
Summerville 17
Bluffton 6
Pinewood Prep -2

Socastee 15
Wando 14
Brookland-Cayce 12
Hilton Head Chistian 2

C
bench
bench
C
I'm totally confused...Wando is 2-1, BC is 2-1 and Socastee is 1-1-1. How is Socastee the leader in the group??

hat-trick
hat-trick
Good Point.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Probably red cards? I know there was a red card given to the BC "backup" (normally plays in the field) keeper as well as a member of the Wando squad during that game. Also (in case this hasn't been posted yet) The Wando goal against BC was scored late in stoppage time. I think Wando Socastee and BC made up a kinda "group of death" due to the fact that all three teams played each other even down to the last minute of the match.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Actually, W-L-T, Pts, Shutouts, Goals Scored

Wando: 2-0-1 7 3 6
BC: 2-1-0 6 0 5
Soc: 1-1-1 4 2 6
HHC: 0-3-0 0 0 1

??????????????????????????

In Fact< how can Summerville & SV be in the 3rd place game and not Wando, Wando is 2-0-1, while Summerville, SV & BC are all 2-1-0 and Socastee is 1-1-1.

??????????????????????????

goal
OP Offline
goal
YEs, very interesting group, red card for Wando and for Brookland Cayce gives each minus 3. Goals scored on BC denied them the extra points for shut outs, and not getting total points for goals scored. With Soc and Wando winning big against HHC, they pulled ahead with full points for those wins. Obviously BC did not play consistent enough to get it done.

goal
OP Offline
goal
Wins and loses mean nothing at this tournament,its all about points....points for winning, shut outs, goals scored(up to 3) and even a tie affords a team points. Red cards subtract points(3)....so on the points system, the two leaders play and so on, and so on. So a team can go through group play successfully, but without getting the full allotment of points, fail to get a good seed in the finals.

A
Goal
Goal
A
I THINK A COUPLE OF BENP'S SCORES MAY BE OFF, NOT THAT IT IS A BIG DEAL. THE STANDINGS TABLES BOARD, DISPLAYED FOR ALL TO SEE CLEARLY HAD S.V. WITH 8 GOALS IN THEIR SAT. MORNING MATCH AND I SAW BLUFFTON SCORE IN 2ND HALF VS SUMMERVILLE, SO I KNOW THEY GOT ONE. BUT LIKE I SAID NO BIG DEAL.
HUGE LATINO PRESENCE ON THE FIELD FOR BLUFFTON.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Hopefully BE can get the win so people can stop saying that BE is nothing just because there 2a. Well i guess spring valley shouldnt had underestimated them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did porter-gaud get 4 points?

Brace
Brace
I thought Greenville was the toast of the tourney and will be dominant in 3A this year. Wando looked younger than normal but had good play from Lundy's son #19 (a freshman) in the two matches that I saw on Saturday. I heard their game with BC was a battle with a heated ending. Anyone with info?

S
throw in
throw in
S
who won? BE or Greenville? Greenville looked to be the better team.

H
kick off
kick off
H
BE won in penalty shootout. The game was pretty even throughout, with Greenville perhaps having a slight advantage in possession, especially in the second half. However, the BE defense played a great game. Neither team scored the whole game and i believe the score in penalties was 3-1.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
BE is a dominant team and can match up with 4a or a 3a team thats a good program down there and im glad to see them over teams like greenville and spring valley soo who ever said BE was a weak team to tie than i hope u feel mistaken now

hat-trick
hat-trick
BC 1-4 Hilton Head

What are some results from the other games?

J
world cup
world cup
J
clarify..

BC lost to HH 4-1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC went up 1-0. Then Hilton Head was awarded a pk for a handball in which the BC defender picked up the ball when the ball was supposedly out of bounds (i didn't have the angle, but I have a hard time believing the player actually picked it up before it was out, wierd call, sounds like a stuck up ref who thinks the game is about him rather than the players). The second goal was a corner which was knocked in off a BC player. The 3rd goal was a ball headed back to the supposed 3rd string keeper who didn't realize he could pick it up and mishandled it. The fourth was very late in the game.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I guess it's best they get those kinks out before the regular season..

M
kick off
kick off
M
congrats to my boys at be, im impressed with the early start (we had a rough carolina classic last year), watch out for be throughout the season i think they got big potential

A
Goal
Goal
A
FROM POST AND COURIER SUNDAY GAMES-- SPRING VALLEY 2 SUMMERVILLE 0, WANDO 7 SOCASTEE 0.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I was glad to see that points were taken away for yellow and red cards. The kids need to learn they can not be so ugly and disrectful on the field. Now the coaches need to follow this up by punishing the players by benching them. So what if they lose a game.....the others players will surely "talk" to the unruly ones and get them to see they are not the only ones being punished for his or her actions on the field but the whole team.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Here's the whole article from the Chucktowne paper:

quote:
Bishop England 1, Greenville 0 (3-1, PK)

For more than 100 minutes of soccer action neither the Bishops nor the Raiders could break through for a goal in the Carolina Soccer Classic championship game at Patriots Point Athletic Complex on Sunday.

Then in a shootout, James Ricciardone, Tyler Fitts and Brandon Tyner scored on three straight penalty kicks to give Bishop England the win over Greenville and the championship of the tournament. Bishop England goalie Joey Calandra stopped the Raiders' first two penalty kicks and Jeff Johnstone pushed the fourth wide right to give the Bishops a 3-1 advantage in kicks, used to decide the game which went 90 scoreless minutes in regulation and two five-minute extra sessions.

"It's a good omen (winning the tournament) and it sets the tone for the rest of the season," Bishops coach Edward Khouri said. "We had our chances to win in regulation, but the game went back-and-fourth and we got it done in PKs."

Phillip Ricciardone and Calandra split the shutout with Ricciardone in goal in the first half and Calandra played the rest of the game.

"He's (Calandra) been a good goalkeeper for us and he has the potential to play in college," said Khouri. "He has a lot of experience with playing on my Bridge FA U17 year-round team. He helped lead us to the 2005 State title beating Greenville's Cesa."

To reach the championship game of the three-day tournament, Bishop England tied Porter-Gaud 1-1 Friday, beat Hilton Head, 3-0 and Spring Valley, 2-1 on Saturday.

Bishop England sweeper Harrison Little claimed tournament MVP honors for his outstanding defensive play in four games. He is one of the Bishops' captains.

In the runner-up game, Spring Valley defeated Summerville, 2-0 and in the fifth-place game, Wando drilled Socastee, 7-0.

Other individual awards went to Wando goalie Taylor Hopkins, defensive MVP and Greenville freshman Sebastian Velasquez, offensive MVP. Despite not reaching the championship game, Wando's Hopkins recorded four consecutive shutouts in wins.

The Warriors could have reached the championship game on wins, but they lost eight points on yellow and red cards. Wando coach C.J. Rozzi said they decided before the tournament that behavior would also factor in on a team reaching the championship game.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Thanks to C.J. Rozzi and the Wando HS tournament staff for hosting a great preseason event once again!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
And the Town of Mt. Pleasant REC department for letting them use the fields and also College of Charleston for the use of their stadium Sunday.

Brace
Brace
one observation: why didn't they have tents and ball boys this year at the tourney?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Interesting roster information from the Carolina Soccer Classic concerning players and teams relative "age".

Bishop England - SR (6), JR (8), SO (5), FR (3)

Bluffton - SR (0), JR (6), SO (5), FR (8)

Brookland-Cayce - SR (9), JR (5), SO (1), FR (0)

Greenville - SR (1), JR (15), SO (1), FR (3)

Hilton Head - No roster submitted

Hilton Head Christian - SR (6), JR (4), SO (4), FR (1)

Pinewood Prep - SR (2), JR (8), SO (3), FR (3)

Porter-Gaud - SR (4), JR (11), SO (7), FR (2)

Socastee - SR (9), JR (7), SO (3), FR (4)

Spring Valley - SR (10), JR (5), SO (6), FR (0)

Summerville - SR (8), JR (10), SO (3), FR (0)

Wando - SR (11), JR (8), SO (1), FR (1)

Goal
Goal
Greenville---talk about being loaded next year wow

C
throw in
throw in
C
Also look at PG 11 JRs returning and 7 SO

Goal
Goal
ya but Greenville is already good

pg has a long way to go

Brace
Brace
if that's true, how did PG tie BE???????? [Confused]

Brace
Brace
how did Wando beat Socastee so bad? what happened from Saturday to Sunday? Also, what were the other scores on Sunday as I don't see them posted anywhere?

S
kick off
kick off
S
In the first Wando v. Socastee game Wando had some excellent early chances but weren't able to put them away. I guess that gave Socastee some confidence and they just picked it up and were able to stay in the game. They actually had a chance to win it with 30seconds left when they were awarded a PK but Wando's keeper saved it. In the second game Wando got those same early chances but this time they finished them and Socastee pretty much just gave up once they got down, enabling Wando to run up the score.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Actually Socastee's Coach and our coach are brothers and the socastee coach told our coach that in the first game he started his starters hoping to get a win and in the second game did not start his starters. He said that he knows how they play and he will wait for the regular season to finish what they did in the tournament. That is why wando did so well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Impartial Bystander. What game were you watching? BC started out strong-controlled play for the first fifteen minutes until HH made a change in the midfield. The BC defender picked up a ball on the goal line, goalie standing next to him-PK, 1-0 HH. HH mid headed in good cross, 2-0 HH. HH forward beat goalie who misplayed the ball, 3-0 HH. BE broke down HH defense, 3-1. HH mid beat right side defense, 4-1 HH. Face it, HH new coach finally settled on lineup and they handled BC!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard