Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#33415 02/27/06 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been sitting here reading all these posts and it makes me real mad. Chuck, not trying to bash you or anything, but it seems like you are saying that all the players for these teams are "rednecks," but this is far from true. Every school in SC has "rednecks," and most have them that play soccer. West Florence has established themselves as a good team in 4A soccer, but they are so called "rednecks?" I used to play for Hartsville, and we were far from "rednecks." We played as a team and were all on club teams. Soccer is a physical sport, and takes more to play than many other sports. Takling and pushing are part of the game. The fight was fueled from hard play and cheap fouls. Does this constitute "rednecks?" NO, every team goes through this type of play and every team has its far share of this play. It's part of soccer, and that is how it is. Chuck, this post was not directed at you, it is directed at everyone who thinks the soccer players from this area are "rednecks" your post just happened to be the one I saw it written a few times in.

#33416 02/27/06 07:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chuck Norris is getting Chuck Norrised!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

William care to delete this thread if it gets too bad? Another great soccer post form ole willy

#33417 02/27/06 07:43 PM
goal
goal
No offense Kicker, good post! At least you aren't trying to pick up little girls here.

#33418 02/27/06 07:45 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Shearer and Chucky are just too cute together!

#33419 02/27/06 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok look just becuase KiMi isn't here for you to flirt w/ don't get mad at me and chuck....she could be waiting for you inthe girls forum.Just saying.....

#33420 02/27/06 07:56 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Man, that was a good one.

#33421 02/27/06 08:02 PM
Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by alexg:
shut^&play you have no clue what you are talking about. have you ever been to florence much less played against west? there is not one person on my team that i would remotly fit into the category of a redneck. my opinion is that anyone who wasnt at the game has no room to talk crap about either team that was involved. so personally i think that you should take your own advice and "shut up and play" instead of complain about a game that you didnt see that involved teams that you know nothing about.

Yes I have been to Florence. It's an experience I'd rather forget. You guys have nice gas stations though and that Mcdonalds/Wendy's combo is perfectly positioned so I can pick up a Frosty and a Cheeseburger on my way to the beach.

Yes I've played againt W. Florence and S. Florence and Hartsville. There have been a few good players to come out of W. Flo. (ie. Joel Kozack and Ross Carr) but now you guys have resorted to just brawling with each other and coming here to proclaim how cool you are and how the other team deserved it blah blah blah. Your reputation only gets worse as you proceed to publish your laughable experiences on this board. "Kudos" to you.

#33422 02/27/06 08:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been good players to come out of Hartsville and South Florence too. Also, you did not mention Michael Kozack(Joel's older brother) who could have possibly been the best player to ever come out of West. But Hartsville has had guys like Kyle Parish, a guy by the name of Bret Puechel who was the best player in the region his senior year. You have Bret's younger brother Curt who was a great player. Hartsville has also had many other who have played college soccer, just like any other school in the state. South Florence has had a few I can name also. Stephen Grantham(playing college football), Justin Bramlett was a decent player, Gunner Neislon was a good player, a up and coming player for South would be Max Bibbo. And they have had other good players as well. West also had the likes of Ike Boatwright. Hartsville had Christopher Moore(keeper) and Jason Moore who bothed played at the college ranks before getting hurt. So for someone to sit here and say that there have not been a decent number of quality players to come out of this area, you are wrong. Back a few years ago, Hartsville's club team at the U-18 level placed 3rd in the state. And that had many players from the the Florence area. The teams have not resorted to brawling. That fight was a mere result of cheap play and frustrations on both teams parts. Fights happen, and they will continue to happen. There is a lot of pride and passion in high school sports, and that can take things too far. But Shut^&Play, for you to sit here and give someone like myself, who played for Hartsville, a reputation as you have, you have done myself a wrong doing, the people of this region of the state the same, and the whole state for that matter. So we are all not "rednecks" down here, we have quality people who have passion for soccer and want to see it grow. But this was not a final resort to go to, it was heated by intense play and cheap play.

#33423 02/27/06 08:30 PM
Goal
Goal
O let's not forget I merely exacerbated the "redneck" label. Many others were calling you that waaaaaaay before I interjected my two cents. As a matter of fact Hartsville and W. Florence recently registered in the top 10 in the Redneck League as per Striker's list. I actually thought I was defending some of the quality players to come out of Florence (from someone with a biased opinion against those three schools mind you. Not you...sitting there...in one of those towns). Personally, I don't think that the people are actual "rednecks" in the town (as per the Webster definition) but with all the fighting and the illegible posts...you certainly are acting like it [Frown]

PS
How many freaking years ago was that Hartsville team 3rd in the State? I can't recall exactly. I need a refresher. Like 15 years ago, maybe, because that is beyond my body of knowledge. Also was this at the rec level or the classic level? Obviously not premier or challenge because I know that was before their inception.

#33424 02/27/06 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hartsville was 3rd at the Challenge Cup in I think 2000. I understand you are defending these players, and that is well appriciated, my comment was not directed solely at you, I understand my post came off as directed solely at you Shut^&Play, and by all means, my bad. It is embarassing me to see the area which I live in have that reputation. I am by all means just trying to defend my reputation and show that the true players from around here are not "rednecks". My appologies again, just trying to defend where I live.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard