Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#35931 04/04/06 06:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a PK pick a corner, and score and go home!!!

#35932 04/04/06 07:29 PM
N
goal kick
goal kick
N
In 2004 NMB played MB in a match that NMB won in PK's we realized though that we needed to practice them alot more, while we were practicing the question arose about shooting the ball directly in or not. So we put the question to a test in our next match, of course the game was a blow out or we never would have tried it. The shooter laid the ball off to his left and another player ran through and dribbled the ball into the corner of the goal. The keeper and the ref just froze. The ref thought about it and then signaled goal. The right decision. the players were excited to add to their stats, one got a goal and the other an assist.

#35933 04/05/06 12:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats one way to boost stats i guess!!!

#35934 04/08/06 12:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personnaly was a victim of something like this a few years ago. Don't let most keepers lie to you. At a higher level, the ones that they stop are just because they guessed right and picked a side and went for it. Most of us do it. If they deny it they are lieing. I guessed one way, leaned that way at the approach and the strike of the ball, only to freeze as it rolled forward about three feet, just in time for a man behind him to now have three quarters of the net to the left of me to DRILL it from 10 to 11 yards with a keeper fozen as he tries to stop moving to the right and regroup and try to get back to the left. Impossible. Done the way on the video it is alittle fancier using two passes. Mine was a simple tap forward, giving the player behind him plenty of time to see which way I guessed. Nearly an empty net.

#35935 04/08/06 04:12 AM
K
throw in
throw in
K
quote:
Don't let most keepers lie to you. At a higher level, the ones that they stop are just because they guessed right and picked a side and went for it. Most of us do it. If they deny it they are lieing.
Doc,

Call me a liar all you want but I have to disagree with you. I am the starting keeper for the Berkeley Girls' soccer team and for me, PK's are much more than just picking a side and diving. I can honestly say that I've never just randomly picked a side for a Penalty Kick and dove. (And, mind you, only one of the seven PK's shot on me has scored and that was during the overtime PK's against Battery Creek the first game of the season.)

I always look at their eyes as the first factor in where I may dive. Call me crazy (you wouldn't be the first...) but I look at their eyes anyway. I know it's easy for a kicker to fool a keeper this way but even so...

Then I look at where they position themselves in relation to the ball. And last, right as they kick it, I watch the plant-foot to see which direction it's pointed.

So, I can say that I don't just pick a side a dive. Penalty Kicks (for a keeper) are so much more than just a guess and hope to be correct -especially if the game may be on the line.

#35936 04/08/06 10:30 PM
goal kick
goal kick
sounds complex

#35937 04/27/06 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd have to agree with BHS Keeper. I played keeper competitivly for awhile (earned a SCISA State Championship in PK's) and now help out on the side with a competitive program. THere is alot more that goes into saving a PK then picking a side and getting lucky. IT is an intense time with lots going on in your head. Its more psychological then anything i've seen on the field.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard