I have spoken with Coach Savitz of Irmo HS and we are both in agreement on several things. It was a great game last Tuesday. There were fouls on both sides that went unnoticed by the referees. The referees did not lose control of the game. With few exceptions, fouls were not malicious. Exceptions have been dealt with. The players and coaches on both sides respect each other and are friends. Comments being currently made will only hurt this great rivalry. We would like to stress that our players are instructed not to participate in posting on the message board. Coach Savitz and I have been great friends since 1989 and harbor no ill will toward one another. Nor do we cultivate or tolerate ill will between our programs. We would respectfully request that all those involved in this rivalry adopt a similar attitude. Next year we are not in the same region. Therefore, we do not have to play. If attitudes are sour, maybe it means it is a good time to take 2 years off. Does the community want this? I do not think so. If cooler heads do not prevail however, we may be wise to consider this option.

Sincerely,
Wayne Quinlan, Dutch Fork HS
Phil Savitz, Irmo HS

PS- Coach Savitz would post a response himself if he knew how to navigate the message board.