Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
no the comment about sumter and soccer in the same sentence. it has not nearly been as bad as you think!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
you dont know **** about sumter anyways

hat-trick
hat-trick
In 2003, Sumter held a record of 15-4-1, and an overall 18th spot in the massey rankings
and
In 2004, they were 4 spots higher with a 16-5-1 final record.
In 1981, they won their sole state championship in the sport (to my knowledge).
I've also overheard people talking while I've reffed a few cesa games, that the coach of one of the cesa teams was a former Sumter coach, who apparently did a pretty good job their, but I can't remember his name right off the top of my head.

World Cup
World Cup
benp, you are up early this morning -- heading out to referee today?

Russell Shelley is probably the CESA coach you are referring to and after he left Sumter HS, Damon Hubert took over the Gamecocks' program. Current Greenville HS/CESA coach Nick Finotti was an assistant at SHS as well under Shelley.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
To continue the thread:

Friday night, Lake City played Wilson. Wilson was up 5 - 0 at the half. The whole second half was played using three touch soccer. Only players that had not yet scored this season were allowed to shoot. Halfway through the second half, with the score 9 - 0, Coach Harloff had a quiet word with one of the refs, and then had the scoreboard turned off, giving the ref the option of ending the game early if he wanted. Wilson spent the rest of the game trying to set up their senior girl for a goal. Some of the Lake City players realized what was going on, and marked her very tightly. After about 10 minutes of great effort by her and her teammates, she finally got off a shot to score. Even some of the Lake City players gave her high fives. Shortly after that, the ref ended the game. The sportsmanship on both sides was very evident after the game.

Coach Harloff and the Wilson team are a truly classy organization.

If any Lake City players see this, don't let this season end your soccer playing days. Stick with it. This spring, come out to club try-outs at the beach or in Florence. Keep playing through the summer and fall club season. There was some young talent evident on the field, keep working on it and the results will come.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Yes, today was the first of the two-day amatuer state cup.
Advertisement:
Anyone who wants to find a place to play some competitive soccer after high school, or even if you are too old to play U18 your senior year, you should check out the amatuer leagues, I would say that the division 1 competition is better than high school, with mostly ex-college players, including some players that played college this fall, and are seniors.

Brace
Brace
where is this being held?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
benp, ancient history but Sumter won the state in 1975 beating BC in the finals, were in the state semi's in 1974.

B
throw in
throw in
B
quote:
Originally posted by benp:
Yes, today was the first of the two-day amatuer state cup.
Advertisement:
Anyone who wants to find a place to play some competitive soccer after high school, or even if you are too old to play U18 your senior year, you should check out the amatuer leagues, I would say that the division 1 competition is better than high school, with mostly ex-college players, including some players that played college this fall, and are seniors.

yes, where is this

hat-trick
hat-trick
The Central leagues website is Adult Amateur Central League
There are contact lists on there if you need more information that you can't find on the site. But basically most people just put together a team and play in one of the 3 divisions, but individuals can join teams as well. I know Airport had a bunch of their guys playing on a team this fall, and there are alot of coaches out there playing D1.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard