Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
H
kick off
kick off
H
i agree with "futbolpk10", the ref or the coach should of said or done something. i believe that it is unnecessary, unsportsman like, and uncalled for. if you beat the team 8-0 instead of 28-0 what is the difference. you still have a "W" in your column and they have a "L" in theirs! there is no need to run up a score like that. and for those that want the soccer game to be a challenge, then maybe if you don't make the teams feel utterly ashamed of themselves then maybe they will want to play harder and have more interest in the program. would you rather play one the losing side of an 5-0 game with hopes of coming back or a 10-0 game knowing there is no way to get back up there?? come on. some people (coaches, players, and refs) need to use some common sense.

kick off
kick off
I agree with Jackson, players could use the free finishing practice in a gametime situation for tougher teams down the road.

goal
goal
Bottom line: If you can score, you want score, and you will score. Everyone wants to score. Ever think that the 22nd or 24th goal goes to a defender, goalie, benchwarmer...That goal means alot to them even though it was a blowout.

goal
goal
Great Point

kick off
kick off
I agree 100%. If you have a chance to score a goal you score it. you don't dribble all the way up to the 6 yard box and then pass it to the keeper, you put that junk in the top corner. If you don't want teams scoring a lot of goals, make your defense stronger.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Just my opinion...I see no value in outscoring a team by double digit scores. "If" I was a coach with a double digit lead at the half I would approach the other coach and refs about calling the game. Why run the risk of getting someone injured? I respectfully disagree with those that see no problem with a 28 - 0 score but I just don't see anything positive in this type of game.

goal
goal
I agree. But knowing the unprofessional stupidity of some Refs, they should get control of a situation like this.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
its just lakewood taking their frustrations out after many years of seeing scores like this, ie 97-2000 or so. SV beat lakewood 28-0 in 97, their first year in existence.

goal kick
goal kick
At what point does the coach start showing his kids what having "a little Class" is all about? 28-0, no class, doesn't matter if it is SV or Lakewood.

goal
goal
No offense at all GVLSoccerDad but you only say this because you are a parent. Even if i am getting crushed and pumeled i want to finish the game. In college intramurals they call the game if you are behind more than 4 goals (USC indoor soccer rule). That is ridiculus i just want to play and they call the game on me. You may see no value of outscoring a team that much but some of the players want goals and they should get the chance to score them in that situation.

I have played alot of highschool games that we have gotten bet by double digit scores. Never at one time did i want those games to be called off. I enjoyed playing with a higher level soccer team.

And for everyone who says "well baseball has a skunk rule"...well baseball players are babies.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard