Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
B
goal
goal
B
quote:
Originally posted by WhatDoesItMatter:
Bottom line: If you can score, you want score, and you will score. Everyone wants to score. Ever think that the 22nd or 24th goal goes to a defender, goalie, benchwarmer...That goal means alot to them even though it was a blowout.

One player scored 9 goals and another scored 7.
Lakewood has been reasonably competitive in their region the last 2 years and the coach has forgotten whats its like to be pounded. He will relearn that lesson starting next season. I only, hope those teams have more class than he does.

kick off
kick off
I think pulling players off the field to even up the match is worse that putting 28 on the board. That's showing a major sign of disrepect. "oh we're killing this team so lets try to make it more even by playing with seven."

B
goal
goal
B
quote:
Originally posted by sweepit:
L-E Dude-

You would think that but...
Lakewood 11 wins 6 losses
105 goals scored 36 against

Lake City 0 wins 6 losses
1 goal scored 36 against

Probably should look for 1a or 2a games to put on schedule, 3a just too much right now. I really don't know the situation.

Look at what happened to RB Stall a few years ago. They tried to get the program going, but were pounded game after game. The kids became discouraged and I don't believe they have a program anymore. Kids will not play on a team that gets humiliated game after game. Again, what goes around comes around and Lakewood's 2 or 3 average to decent players are leaving. They better hope the West Florences of the world have have more class than they showed.

F
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
F
Lakewood is staying in 3A are they not? Should be them Crestwood, Darlington, Lake City, Wilson, and Marlboro County next year.

B
goal
goal
B
quote:
Originally posted by BDad11:
quote:
Originally posted by sweepit:
L-E Dude-

You would think that but...
Lakewood 11 wins 6 losses
105 goals scored 36 against

Lake City 0 wins 6 losses
1 goal scored 36 against

Probably should look for 1a or 2a games to put on schedule, 3a just too much right now. I really don't know the situation.

Look at what happened to RB Stall a few years ago. They tried to get the program going, but were pounded game after game. The kids became discouraged and I don't believe they have a program anymore. Kids will not play on a team that gets humiliated game after game. Again, what goes around comes around and Lakewood's 2 or 3 average to decent players are leaving. They better hope the West Florences of the world have have more class than they showed.
See where LAkewood would be without Lake City and Columbia High on their schedule.

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
What I think about this is total disrespect! From what i've heard is that this is lake city's first year with a soccer team. What makes you think that they will come back next year? hopefully they do! The first game was won 20 and the coach nowing that lake city probably had no chance at winning the second game he should of started the game with the guys that usually not playing as much!

F
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
F
Lakewood is staying in 3A are they not? Should be them Crestwood, Darlington, Lake City, Wilson, and Marlboro County next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel you have to look at the big picture here. Lake City is trying to BUILD a program. They have a lot of players that have never played soccer before. The coach is trying to spark some interest in soccer at Lake City. It is very difficult to try to keep a positive attitude with your team when when teams beating you this bad. The kids from Lake City are playing hard and doing the best that they can. Any one that is concerned for the growth of soccer in South Carolina should frown upon scores like this.

coach
coach
And Irmo 17-0 over lowly LR. There are many options available to hold blow-outs down; such as playing 11 v. 7 while you rotate your complete bench the entire game.

F
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
F
The only game that was respectable so far has been the Wilson game. Even though it was 10-0 the Wilson coach tried his best to keep it under double digits. From what i heard the ref gave a pk with 1 min. to go and one of the girls for Wilson scored it. But thats what you should do, try to keep it respectable. Doesnt seem like other teams are even trying to do that when they play LC.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard