Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
goal
goal
Coach Chass- That is horrible i really hope you did some complaining to the league for that one. I completely agree that is the worst way to end a season, not the defeat but the refs ending your season like that.

kick off
kick off
if i offended anyone, i apologize. i think the team that was beat 28-0 needs to play other weaker teams until they develop. just a few years ago, lakewood was taking beatings like this. Now that they are on the winning side, people are talking about it. i personally think you gain valuable experience playing in any game. you dont know what the other team is going to do, you dont know their tendancies until you start playing. when you practice against the same guys day after day, you are ready for a new opponent. i dont blame lakewood, its coaches or its players one bit for winning 28-0. they should've killed that team and they did. let the kids play.

goal kick
goal kick
quote:
Originally posted by sweepit:
L-E Dude-

You would think that but...
Lakewood 11 wins 6 losses
105 goals scored 36 against

Lake City 0 wins 6 losses
1 goal scored 102 against

Probably should look for 1a or 2a games to put on schedule, 3a just too much right now. I really don't know the situation.

goal
goal
Yes Lake City and other teams that are in the same situation should schedule as easy teams as they can the have close games. But if it is a region game sorry....Just prepare for the beating. I used to against NW lol

kick off
kick off
Luckily i played for a great high school program in the upstate. we played tough games night in and night out. when we would play one of the "easier teams" it gave our subs a chance to play, and others to gain experience. Point is, Lakewood, has to play some tough teams, why not let them go out and have fun?

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
People's Champ--much better said. I respect your opinion on that. I still personally believe there comes a point when you're not really helping yourself by racking up the score, but that's just me.

On the other hand, as I've told people many times...the only way I've ever gotten really good at anything was by getting my tail kicked over and over by someone better until I figured out how to beat them.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
In a game like this, another alternative for the coach might be to tie one of the arms on each of his players behind their back and if they still win then they can say, "they beat the team with one arm tied behind their back."

kick off
kick off
another point, lets say two teams are tied going into the playoffs, how do they break the tie? goal differential??? 28-0 maybe just earned them a better playoff seed.

goal
goal
Good One Soccer for Fun!!!!

B
goal
goal
B
quote:
Originally posted by the peoples champ:
i played in the premier league and odp, and if you can score 7 goals in a game against one of those teams, i'll personally give you $100. if you have a chance to score...score. if it would've been me out there, i would been shooting until my legs either cramped up or fell off. You cant have mercy because who is to say others will have mercy on you.

You have no control over whether someone shows you mercy, but you you certainly DO have control over your own actions......

HAd Zach Prince,Jamal Geathers or any other top flight player been in that situation, I guarantee you they would not derive any satsifaction from pouring it on hapless Lake City. They KNOW that scoring against that level of team is no big deal and I've seen players even be embarassed to be scoring after a while...

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard