Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
corner kick
corner kick
a meg more embarrasing than a goal? um, no. not a chance. Playing for swansea, I have definetaly been on the end of some severe beatings. Never in the twenties to zero, granted, but blowouts none the less. Furthermore, my pride was not hurt as much as a player, when the opposite team played possesion when they where ahead. Also, when we are up by alot, our coach makes sure we don't score any more goals. It is not neccasary to score an oober amount of goals. If your self esteem is so low that you feel you need to win by 30 goals, then well, geez, High school soccer must be tough for you.

brace
brace
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Chass:

A good soccer team can find a way to challenge themselves in almost any situation--if you're a striker who is just a scoring machine, try taking each shot from a little farther out until you find your limit--and maybe even stretch it--rather than repeating the same easy pattern that isn't even a challenge for you in this situation. Use the opportunity to try some things you wouldn't want to do in high-risk situations; you might just end up adding a new element to your game, and if the other team stops you, it's a boost for them and no harm done for you.

I agree with this statement completely. Are you telling me that after a few easy goals that a team can't start to work on more difficult ways of scoring? What about 3 touch and pass? 2 touch? I have never seen a game where a coach could not put restrictions (without embarrasment to the other team)on scoring such as reducing the number of touches, working on a particular type of scoring (heading) and or putting in the bench players and doing the same thing.

goal
goal
Man Lakewood is public enemy #1!! Everyone's going try to beat them and make examples out of them!!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Is there a record for the most entries in the shortest time in this site? Benp?

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
i say this is probably the fastest with the most entries futbol! but theres more after school is over today or practice after more players from more schools read about this.

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
Lakewood should play a team that would put in double digit goals agaisnt them...there are plenty out there...

corner kick
corner kick
I played college soccer where we lost every game that year. We were a non-scholarship school going up against scholarship schools. We lost 2 matches that year by scores of 19-0. That is bad, but it is worse when your coach does not try to coach you on anything either and then threatens you by not allowing you to eat after the game if you don't "play better".

kick off
kick off
Lakewood used to be the whipping boy, and now that they are on the winning side people want to talk about them. Mid-State soccer is weak.

kick off
kick off
High School's are wasting money by fielding a team that gets beat 28-0.

goal
goal
benp I have to disagree with you on this one...

I do agree that this is being overstated and there really is nothing left to say...yet i still find something to say even though i said i would not say anything else.

The school should not get rid of their team. i am kind off surpised that you said this. They just need time to build...Imagine if you went to a high school with no soccer team, I dont know what i would do.

High school soccer to MOST high schools is not about winning it is about school spirit and having fun. Most of the recruiting and real competition these days is in club.

No school should ever get rid of a soccer program and i wish Lake City and other schools struggling the best of luck in the future. Times change, keep working at it...it will get better

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard