Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
World Cup
World Cup
It counts toward the tournament ... The players that received red cards were Summerville's #4 Matt Kennedy and Hilton Head's #7 Carlos Chirinos ... I know that this is Chirinos' second red card of the season (super player, but has a very quick temper).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you going to say hilton head dominated the whole game when summerville out shot them 12-2 in the second half. I guess when you have the least amount of shots on goal that means u dominated

H
Hawk.. Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
H
one thing thats what soccer is all about sometimes youl have a crapy reff and that can kill you. Summerville got the win, but they know that it wasnt a fear one so thats what they can just say we won with the help of the reff but we didnt beat HH in REAL SOCCER..!!!

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
dang that sucks i was hopin he wouldnt play against Fort

H
Hawk.. Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
H
IS carlos only gonna be away for one game or the whole tournament???

H
Hawk.. Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
H
Carlos being out for the first game it could affect alot to HH..Theyre playing Fort Mill.. i think thats the game of that bracket..

O
goal kick
goal kick
O
Mr. Heise:

I was closer to the play than the ref was. He carded Carlos the first time on a complete non-foul. The AR didn't raise his flag, and the center was 30 -40 yards away and called the play. We have that one on tape. It was a glaring error by the ref. On the red card, there were no [punches thrown. The two playere tangeled up, then bumped chests, and that was it. The ref should have red carded himself. It is a total injustice for either Carlos or the Sumerville player to be sanctioned. The ref should be banned for a few games if anyone is to be sanctioned. Ask around, check it out. We can all have off nights, but this guy was totally overmatched. The players played great. The ref was so inconsistent the players couldn't adjust, which breeds frustration. Blame any problems on the field on the ref with this one, he was truly awful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game is over, Sumerville got game winning help from the ref, they know were better, we know were better, and too bad region is going to HH. Mr. Harris Teeter, original joke I give you props, where did you think of that? No sour grapes just a straight 1-0 win over Summerville and everyone knows it. Sumerville didn't even score a real goal. Maybe ya'll will come visit us on the road as we have the whole playoffs at home.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
I would just like to congratulate both the Hilton Head and Summerville players on a very hard fought and well played match. It was one of the better matches I’ve seen between two very talented and evenly matched teams.
I have to say, though, that I’m disappointed to see many of the comments posted on this board regarding the game. Apparently there are many who believe that the game was stolen from Hilton Head and that our guys did not deserve to win. While I’m not a proponent of ending a regular season game in penalties, that’s the way it ended. Our stats on the game are as follows:
1st half shots on target: shs-2, hh-3
2nd half shots on target: shs-12, hh-2
ot shots on target: shs-0, hh-2
1st half corners: shs-1, hh-2
2nd half corners: shs-6, hh-0
ot corners: shs-0, hh-2
I know that these numbers may vary depending on who takes them, but they speak for themselves and I would say that either side had a chance to win in regulation. I’ve seen the tape of the game and noted the pk call at the end. It was not a hard foul but I absolutely do not agree that the game was gifted to us on that play. I did not and I’m not aware of any of my assistants noting to the stands that the ref owed us that call. Nor do we instruct our players to simulate fouls in the box.
I think Summerville should be credited and congratulated for a good win against a very quality opponent. The players have worked too hard and played too well to be discredited. The Hilton Head players should also be given credit for a well played match. It’s become a wonderful rivalry the last few years (5 wins apiece in the past 5 years) and I’m sorry to see Hilton Head move out of this region next year. I wish them the best in the remainder of the season.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Quit crying everyone

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard