Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While the debate rages over trouncing a team I would like to commend the courage and attitude of the LR team and coach that has been the recipient of many one sided games. In the two games vs. Irmo that I witnessed, there was not one cheap shot (that I saw or heard about) and little show of frustration that they must feel. The last game gave some playing time to players that have gotten little during the season and an opportunity to play various positions on the field
while game "rules" were in effect. None of the Irmo primary goal scoring players played in the last game. The biggest point I would like to make is that the Irmo players I talked with indicated that the LR players were good kids and were making an effort the entire game without trying to "take out" anyone or cheap shot someone out of frustration. My hats off to LR for their perseverance and sportsmanship and hopefully, their program will continue and improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that takes a lot of control by a team, not to retaliate when they are getting demolished by another team. Props to LR!!!

throw in
throw in
someone should teach sportsmanship to Berkeley. AFter their 12-0 loss to Wando, a couple players walked by the Wando team while in a discussion with their coach, and flicked off the players. Great sportsmanship Berkeley.

goal
goal
From what I've heard someone should flick off the Wando players and coaches because they are jerks!

K
throw in
throw in
K
4ADefender,

First off, I would like to say that I'm sorry for whatever occurred at the Wando game. As a player on the Berkeley Girls' team, we have always been taught to be respectful to any and every team no matter who they are. I'm sorry that our boys showed such disrespect to the Wando players, despite whether they had 'deserved' it or not.

Always Right... I'm not so sure about the boys at Wando but the girls have shown some of the most, if not THE most sportsmanship on the field out of any team we have played all season. No matter what the score was, compliments were going back and forth between both Wando and Berkeley players. But, like I said, I don't know as much about the Boys at Wando but I do know that their Girls' team has been well coached and are an excellent team as far as sportsmanship goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A person who doesn't talk crap or tries to relaliate violently or in a hard way, and shows his "retaliation" by playing hard and putting goals in the back of the net is a true, and CLASSY PLAYER. That person plays with heart, character, and desire. They show respect by not running their mouths, talking crap, and purpously trying to hurt players. ( I say not hurting people purpously, b/c getting hurt is just part of the game, things happen!) Threats, playing out there tyring to hurt people on purpous, talking garbage, is like spitting on soccer and a slap in the face to others. You make yourself look bad, your team, other teams, and most importantly, you give the game of soccer a bad name.
There are classy players and unfortunately there are poor examples of players who don't show class. I've had my share of threats, ranging from "I'm going to kill you, to I'm going to beat your A$$ after the game" and many attempts from other players who tried to take me out when I was in goal. I just stayed in my "game" and blew off the bullcrap. But like I said earlier, putting your mark on the score board, playing with heart, character, class, desire, and respect is the way to counter crap like that. Believe me, people can honor that in a player and team. It makes you and your team look good! Best of luck to all.

kick off
kick off
Retaliating is a bad thing, but there is nothing wrong with talking a little friendly junk as long as you keep it under control. there is nothing wrong with getting inside your opponents head. i was taught to win, so win by any means necessary.

goal kick
goal kick
intimidation can be just as effective win in a tight game...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally, I don't mind a little trash talking. If you say some crap to me or my team, it just makes it all the more satisfying when we win.

goal
goal
I agree...I really like it when the other teams fans yell at me during the game. This only makes me play better because i want to show them up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard