Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
C
Friday night (4/7) Crestwood surprised Marion with an upset. This left the region with two teams sporting 7 - 2 records, Wilson and Marion. They split their home and away matches. So what's the tiebreaker? Most of y'all that deal with region play probably know how it goes, but at the Governor's School we're the only team in our region so we never have to worry about this. Does the fact that Marion beat Wilson after a shootout - hurt them? I know that the shootouts count as ties when used for ranking. Does the fact that the Wilson coach exudes class and won't run up the score hurt the teams placement by affecting goal differential? (Not to say the Marion coach doesn't have class - I met him, he does.) Both teams have one more region game following spring break (Wilson vs Darlington, Marion vs Lake City) - barring another upset - is it a done deal? Does one of these two teams have the region locked-up?

A curious mind wants to know.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Coach Cady,

Interestingly, the SCHSL does not specify the method for tie-breakers. From the AAA Handbook:

quote:

Each region will be responsible for determining the method for assigning play-off positions in the event that teams are tied. It is the region’s responsibility (either the region coordinator or designee) to forward this information to Brad Coleman at Brookland-Cayce High school (fax: 803-739-4970) by 9:00 a.m. on April 28, 2006.

So, we really won't know until Ms. Debbie Smith of Lakewood determines the appropriate seeding methodology.

N
kick off
kick off
N
Actually, the regions are supposed to come up with what they're going to do in that situation BEFORE the season. So chances are, it's already determined...just have to wait to see how it's done.

M
bench
bench
M
Coach Cady,

The scores were somehow reported wrong. Marion beat Crestwood 4-1 not the other way around, so as long as Marion defeats Lake City they will be reigon champs.

C
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
C
Marion9 - The Crestwood score was a surprise to me - but I have seen more unusual things happen. Congratulations, on your region championship (assuming you prevail over Lake City). I'm guessing a lot of Wilson supporters are disappointed with the news of the error. You both are good teams - good luck in the playoffs.

T
bench
bench
T
i'm hoping Marion goes far in the playoffs, let me know when the first playoff game is. I'm sure it will be in Marion right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking at the standings and i noticed that the Marion-Crestwood score was changed back to having Crestwood win 4-1. Does anyone know what is going on with that?

Link Copied to Clipboard