Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
coach
OP Offline
coach
Palmetto Cup Scores for the remainder of the tournament are here at the top of the thread!

Palmetto Cup - Final Day Schedule

SATURDAY, APRIL 15 @ UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Hilton Head 2-3 (OT) Farragut (TN)
Brookland-Cayce 2-3 Northwestern
Farragut (TN) 1-10 Northwestern (Championship, 1-2) - Stone Stadium

SATURDAY, APRIL 15 @ EAGLE STADIUM
Airport 1-5 Riverside
Kelly Walsh 0-3 Wando
Fort Mill 2-0 Spring Valley

SATURDAY, APRIL 15 @ THE CAGE
South Anchorage 3-2 Summerville
James Island 1-3 Socastee
Lexington 2-1 Daniel

[ April 16, 2006, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Dave Easley ]

J
world cup
world cup
J
I'm kind of surprised I don't have any voice mail right now..

world cup
world cup
NW 5
S'ville 0

coach
OP Offline
coach
This is a national high school tournament! One of the best! There must be live streaming video of the matches! Kyle, you must provide this for those who have real lives and jobs!

World Cup
World Cup
Unfortunately our internet connection at Eagle Stadium is not working properly. They have a laptop on site, but no internet service is available at this time. We're hoping to have this remedied tomorrow.

1st Match -- Northwestern 5-0 Summerville
2nd Match (in progress) -- Spring Valley 2-2 Farragut-TN (69')

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
any word of sv farraguy game?

World Cup
World Cup
PALMETTO CUP DAY 1 SCORES/RESULTS
Northwestern 5-0 Summerville
Farragut 3-2 Spring Valley
Kelly Walsh 4-2 Airport
Brookland-Cayce 0-0 Lexington

STANDINGS
Group A -- Brookland-Cayce (0-0-1, 4 PTS) & Lexington (0-0-1, 4 PTS)
Group B -- Northwestern (1-0-0, 10 PTS) & Summerville (0-1-0, 0 PTS)
Group C -- Kelly Walsh (1-0-0, 9 PTS) & Airport (0-1-0, 2 PTS)
Group D -- Farragut (1-0-0, 9 PTS) & Spring Valley (0-1-0, 2 PTS)

hat-trick
hat-trick
for those of you who missed "the infamous show" today on the radio, here is my recap of the games. I didn't catch the shot counts or fouls or anything like that in the games, so it'll just be what I saw.

Northwestern vs. summerville??? I don't think anything but the score really needs to be said, other than the fact that Northwestern had another one in the net, but there was a foul somewhere away from the ball at the top of the box. I think any Northwestern doubters will be convinced after Northwestern breezes through group play. Summerville simply isn't on par with the top tier 4a schools.

Farragut 3-2 Spring Valley. This was an interesting game. Spring Valley goes up 2 nothing very early, and it looked like Farragut just didn't expect to be challenged. However, slow and steady won the race today, and Farragut put 2 goals in before the end of the half. During the second half, Spring Valley appeared to play without the intensity they had during region play, and Farragut had the better of play. They put one in with 6 minutes left to go, to clinch a victory in their first game in South Carolina. The first two goals were a corner, and a throwin, one of which just barely went over the line, and was scooped out, but the referee was there to make the call. The third goal appeared to be one that Jenkins normally saves, but certainly not an easy shot. Eamon Penland, and Patrick Clements scored for SV.

Airport 2-4 Kelly Walsh. Kelly Walsh will not win another game in the tournament, unless something drastically changes.

BC 0-0 Lexington. By far the most exciting game of the night. Both teams had opportunities, both teams failed to capitalize. One of BC's defenders cleared the ball off the line after their keeper was pulled out attempting to make a save, and Lexington's Brett Keatly ripped a shot that hit post and rolled across the goal mouth, not 2 feet from Reel Callison. At both of those moments, I thought Lexington would take the lead. BC's Andrew Evans hit post on a header that looked in for sure, and Caio Gaspar saw his own shot go just wide of the mark. No cards at all in this match to my knowledge, and none were deserved, both sides played good clean soccer. It was fun to watch Andrew Evans man marked by Jess Maki. Two great athletic soccer players step for step all over the field, forcing Evans to play distributer for the most part.

hat-trick
hat-trick
6 points for a win. 3 for a draw. 1 for each goal up to 3. 1 for a shutout. I'm not sure about cards, i'm sure it says in the program, but its in my car.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
-1 for soft red (or 2 yellows), -2 for straight red (If I remember correctly).

What did you think of the refereeing in the BC-Lex game. I think they spent entirely too much time talking. Game was physical, but never dirty in my opinion.

I was really surprised at the "low" level the Wyoming state champplays. I am hoping it was "playing down" to their opponent. Airport fought hard but does not have the guns.

NW first game was a start to claim the #1 ranking.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard