Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NW has the best fans out of the state. Anyonme who has ever played us in the playoffs can defend my comment. Yes some of the parents scream alot of crap out to the refs, but every team has those parents. the last 3 seasons NW has had over 2500 people at each of the last 2 playoff games. They have been number 1 in attendence in the state. My hats off to NW fans. As for the Nick Finotti subject. He has very close friends in Rock Hill and he knew that the Revolution from Discoveries soccer club was going to be at Northwestern. He knew what he was taking over. Yes he did a great job and he was my favorite coach. It wasnt like he was taking over a crap school with no tallent. Congrats to Vance, Enzo, Phil, and Baby Kropp. Great tournament!!! As for the there only loss on the season. I recall Northwestern had over 20 more shots on goal. to the Northwestern Players who read this everyday... Dont get cocky... You still have one more trophy to bring home as well as that ring, me and the boys never got. Goodluck !!!

goal
goal
Well Said!!

T
kick off
kick off
T
dido

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
NHS Grad 05
What is the congrats to Vance, Enzo, Phil, and Kropp for? And why was Nick your favorite coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vance was named player of the tournament and the other boys were on the all tournament team! As for Nick being my favorite coach. Me and Nick just had a good relationship together. He is a winner and he will do whatever it takes to win. He got the boys fired up like no one ive ever been around. He made us believe we were the best and that nobody could beat us. And we believed! that is why we have beaten some teams that were far more talented, but we stuck together and whooped some *&%. For example the 1st time we played Irmo in the state championship. They were the far better team. But we took them to Pks. He is a great coach and like i said before, i was lucky enough to play for him. Now dont get me wrong all this crap about being Moses and everything he touches is Gold. Is not right. He new we were about to be good. His best friends lives in Rock Hill.. Lou Pantousco. Our former coach before Nick was not very good. He just got us over the hump that we were not able to, do to our previous coach. Dom Wren is just as qualified as Nick and is just as good of a coach. They coaching styles are very similar. Dom new that people were going to question him this season as well as the team, and i think the Palmeto Cup Final was the perfect time to show everyone that NW is for real. Other people on this message board were saying that NM might not be for real and they havent played anybody, so this was the chance to show everyone how good they are. Lets just say there is no more doubts... Everyone is finally saying NW is #1 and everyone else from 2 to 8 is a toss up. Thats why he ran up the score. the proof of people doubting NW is still on this message board if you dont believe me. Now there is no Questions. I know you asked about Nick, but ive been meaning to get that off my chest. Thanks for your question if you have anymore please ask.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
That is what I figured the congrats was for but they hadn't posted an All Tourney team yet so I wasn't sure. Congrats to Vance especially, that kid can play. I disagree that everything Nick touches turns to gold because he inherited a good team in NW and a very talented team in Greenville but don't get me wrong, he is a top notch coach. I just can't see how people would love him as a coach when he makes you practice at 6 in the morning on school days like he has been doing with Greenville this year. But when you put that aspect aside he is probably a fun and entertaining coach.

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
but they hadn't posted an All Tourney team yet so I wasn't sure.
The 2006 Palmetto Cup All-Tournament Team is being updated as we receive the submissions from the head coach.

2006 Palmetto Cup Wrap-Up

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
Dreher 2, NW 1 (PK 4-3)
Shots: D 11, NW 16
GK Saves: D 9, NW 6
Back Saves: D 2, NW 1
Corners: D2, NW 4
Goals: 42:35 - Alex Galloway (NW)
54:25 - Sean Baier (D)
PK - John McClam (D)
PKS: NW - #8(+), #11(s), #20(+), #18(+), #10 (post), #15 (s)
D - Quinatoa(s), Rushe(+), Anderson(missed), Baier(+), Thunell(+), McClam(+)

last post on the subject...I think the stats show relatively equal play..slight edge to NW...and yes, NW is probably the better team but they aren't invincible...and whoever makes it through the lowerstate will not get blown out by them

T
kick off
kick off
T
yeah, nick use to make us practice at 6 in the morning too. It just made us beleive that we were working harder than anyone else and that we deserved a championship more than anyone else. It was just as much of a practice as it was a way of mental preparation.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Discoveries Revolution? what had any of the discoveries teams done that had players that played for Finotti at NHS? The DSC team that most of these guys played on this year and last was not very good. But I guess DSC should get the credit uh?

How many 20 win seasons did NHS have before Finotti showed up? State Championship appearances? So you mean to tell me that NHS would have accomplished what they did without Finotti? Give me a break. People wake up, this was not a state powerhouse before Finotti arrived in 03. There must still be some bitter people in Rock Hill that he left.

If some of you guys did play for Coach Finotti, dont you think thats how he should be addressed?

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard