Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
hat-trick
hat-trick
I'm glad you'll be willing to make the trip up to see irmo play northwestern allfutbol...ha, jk, i think Hilton Head has as good a chance as any to get stomped at Stone. Tonights game proved that when you give NW a wide open field, they will absolutely run you to the ground. Up until this game, and the one vs. BC this morning, I wasn't sure about their ability to score in the run of play. But 10 goals all excellent finishes, got rid of any doubts that were imbedded in my mind.

Congrats to the upperstate 4a schools, Fort Mill also proved something with a win over spring valley. Congrats to the midstate 3a schools, BC plays NW the toughest they've seen in months, and Dreher handed them what will be their only loss of the season. And (i'm sorry but) boo to the charleston schools. James Island came in ranked 3, and should come out ranked 10th or worse, while Summerville may have just earned themselves unranked status from here on out. Wando was good, but not as impressive as I was looking forward to seeing. Lowerstate 4a is absolutely wide-open right now. Between Irmo, Spring Valley, Wando, and Hilton Head, I really can't say who will be there, but it will be one of those 4 teams.

throw in
throw in
so are there anymore people that still doubt that nw is legit. I know that everyone was saying that without arroyo this team wouldn't do anything. I just wish that norman north would have been here. that would have been a great game to watch. maybe next year no?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I am now in line with the rest... NW deserves the #1 ranking....wow....10-1 .... I do not know what to say.

I have to agree with Benp, i was not impressed with JI or Summeville. I honestly expected more.

Who was the most impressive team (outside of NW)from SC? What team is most likely to be a power in the coming playoffs (outside of NW)?

I think Spring Valley, Wando and Lexington are threats in 4A, BC and Daniel look good for 3A (Socastee look good against JI).

All in all I thought it was a great tournament, and congrats to BC... It was very enjoyable.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I know you're behind lexington, but being in upperstate, the best they can do is lose to NW. The battle (just like 3a) is to see who will win lowerstate.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Agreed... may be more than they can chew. Spring Valley has to be my pick. inconsistent a little is the only concern...
Lex may be better next year. NW supposedly looses alot of seniors

O
goal kick
goal kick
O
Because of the format, playing so many games in a short time, I 'm not sure you can base accurate predictions on how the playoffs will go. NW had to be the fresher team tonight. Faragut went into OT today and had to play Spring Valley, Wando, and Hilton Head to get there. Also, NW played Daniel, Socastee, and BC to get to the finals. All good teams, but which list would you choose to play. After seeing Faragut play today, I am surprised any team could demolish them that way, big field or small. NW certainly deserves their #1 ranking, but no way I consider them a lock to win it all. WhileSpring Valley was defeating Wando, Fort Mill was playing Airport. Which team do you think will have the edge on one days rest. Such is tournament soccer. It was a lot of fun. NW played great and deserved the championship. I hope Farragut returns to the tournament, as they were a very good side. Good luck to all these teams in the playoffs.

hat-trick
hat-trick
My fault man, your right. NW is just your average number 1 team. hell, any of the old irmo squads could have beaten farragut 10-1 if they had played the teams they did in road to the ship. Are you smoking? I don't care who they played, NW's starters and bench players absolutely dominated everyone except BC, and they certainly played well in the BC game despite ONLY a 3-2 result. Point taken in the SV FM game, 2-0 is a little more of a fatigued scoreline than 10-1. Every one of the NW goals was quality, and their play on the field was excellent as well.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Good..God..Almighty..

..so this is vindication..

O
goal kick
goal kick
O
Did not get to see the final tonight, so I speculate only. I saw NW play Daniel for a half, and I cought bits and pieces of their semi-final against BC. NW is my #1, followed by Spring Valley. Haven't seen South Aiken, so I can't comment. I just don't think the big run up on Farragut tells us as much as you think. If both teams are fresh, do you think NW would beat Spring Valley 10-1. How good are the 3-A schools really, compared to 4-A? If you go by the tournaments- better, except for NW. NW does have some weaknesses a good team could exploit if given time to prepare. BC loses to NW 2-3. But they also lost to Hilton Head 4-1. Farragut beats HH 3-2 in OT. Big deal. Farragut had dead legs tonight-had to. They were a very good team this morning. I just don't think you learn all that much by comparing scores. Compare matchups. On paper, right now, it looks like NW should win over HH or Wando, or Spring Valley, but that doesn't guarantee the result on game night.

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
Do you really think 4A has that much on 3A this year...you should probably check out Greenville, Dreher, BC, etc....

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard