Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
T
kick off
kick off
T
Northwestern dominated almost all of the BC game. They missed a few open goals. BC's goals came off of a throw in into the goal and a weak pk call. Other then that they pretty much packed it in and played the long ball. Good strategy, but the game was dominated by northwestern for all but about 10-15 min in the second half.

O
goal kick
goal kick
O
I definitely agree that the top 3-A teams are competitive with the 4-A programs. Don't forget Socastee, Daniel, and N. Myrtle Beach. 3-A made a great showing at the Palmetto Cup. Check the final standings when they are posted. BC, Daniel, and Socastee played very well.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Greenville is better than Northwestern...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God, I can't wait till the season is over and NW has the trophy. Then i do not have to read some of the **** on this board.

OLDREF actually commented on the final game and NW, and wasn't even present!? Good job there...

And as it might not seem apparent to some, BC really got away with alot to keep them in this tourney. There wasn't one person I ran into that did not state something along the lines of a 12 man during that game, so say what you want... A win is a win.

I did expect more out of Daniel, but I do doubt the fact that Greenville is any better than NW.

Also, Everyone talks about NW and a weak schedule... At least there are some teams that are ranked. Greenville has Cream-puffs all year long.
Riverside will be their only true test this year.

And I don't think anyone thoughht NW couldn't or wouldn't dominate without Arroyo this year, I feel the thoughts are on the results if they had him eligible...

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
OldRef...I was on the skeptical side all season long. However you cannot deny a 10-1 trouncing of a good team with equal rest. At least it says the team is very deep if they can play to that level. Give them a break they are #1 and should be there.

However you look at it the only way things usually pans out are based on matchups within the game. NW had the best, enough said.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
God I love tournaments. The players, fans and atmosphere is just great. Of all of the tournaments that I have been to over the past many years (Club and School), the Palmetto Cup is consistently one of my favorites. The quality of play, quality of fan and quality of organization is just tremendous. Once again, I would like to take an opportunity to publically thank Kevin, Kyle and the many volunteers and sponsors that make this possible every year. I believe that many (especially many of the young men) do not fully appreciate what a great opportunity it is to have this tournament available, or the amount of effort that goes into the tournament organization each year.

One note on the play and results at the tournament (primarily addressed to allstate-status) - NW is our concensus #1. Other than a few fans blinded by their own team loyalty (and I do not believe that OldRef is one of them), I do not believe and have not heard anyone state otherwise. Relax and don't be so defensive. Part of the fun is speculating on future matches and anyone that speculates that NW can be beat is not taking anything away from NW. In the end, all of our collective speculation is meaningless - its decided on the field and NW has certainly earned its status.

We have a few good weeks of school soccer left and then its time to crank up Club. God help me, I do love this.

B
throw in
throw in
B
quote:
Originally posted by allstate-status:
God, I can't wait till the season is over and NW has the trophy. Then i do not have to read some of the **** on this board.

OLDREF actually commented on the final game and NW, and wasn't even present!? Good job there...

And as it might not seem apparent to some, BC really got away with alot to keep them in this tourney. There wasn't one person I ran into that did not state something along the lines of a 12 man during that game, so say what you want... A win is a win.

I did expect more out of Daniel, but I do doubt the fact that Greenville is any better than NW.

Also, Everyone talks about NW and a weak schedule... At least there are some teams that are ranked. Greenville has Cream-puffs all year long.
Riverside will be their only true test this year.

And I don't think anyone thoughht NW couldn't or wouldn't dominate without Arroyo this year, I feel the thoughts are on the results if they had him eligible...

Let me first state that your team is very, very good. You deserve to be ranked number #1 in any sleection seen. Let me also say that I was a spectator at the BC game and if you guys were running away with the game like you so proclaim, why didn't you sub the 9 people at a time that you had been doing the whole tournament? Give BC some credit, they knew they'd be outmanned. They knew they didn't have the players you do but they executed a game plan almost to perfection.A few plays here and there and you might not be in that final you won 10-1. No one is hating on NW but these people from HH who obviously just recieved the internet and are addicted to it to the point where they can't show up on time to their scheduled tournament games.

On another note I hope that you aren't NW's goalkeeper. If you are please stop talking because "allstate status" shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as you.

O
goal kick
goal kick
O
I believe I was quite clear. NW should be ranked Number 1. They proved it on the field. I'm just saying 10-1 doesn't mean they are a lock to win it all. Favored? By all means. They are a great soccer team. Are they 10-1 better than the rest of the competition? I doubt it.

B
throw in
throw in
B
i don't think they're better than the s. aiken team from last year in terms of overall soccer ability. I think Jamaal and Goose give SA that edge. NW would be my lock this year but anyone can beat anybody on any given day i suppose

T
kick off
kick off
T
I do have to give props to BC. They did have a good strategy. All they did was pack it into their defensive half and then try to clear the ball long to a forward. They didn't realy create any scoring chances directly from the plan though. Their best chances came from long throw-ins (pretty much the only time they got into NW's box).

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard