Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
goal
goal
THAT KID BRANNAN IS GOOD!!! NICE COMPOSURE!!! I AGREE BC GAVE THEM THE ONLY TEST THEY'VE HAD THIS SEASON!!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I would not say the only test. They lost to Dreher in pks and beat Dorman 3-2. So what does it mean? nothing,it is all a question of matching up in the game.

coach
OP Offline
coach
The only way to hang with NW is to challenge every ball and NW possession, as BC did. If you give them any room at all, you are dead. The only thing NW needs to work on is its fans. Still screaming for more goals when they were up 7-0 and constantly screaming at Farragut players by criticizing them by their specific numbers. But of course, the fans can never be controlled.

goal
goal
NO KNOCK ON DREHER BUT THAT WAS THE FIRST GAME OF A PRE-SEASON TOURNAMENT AND NORTHWESTERN HASN'T LOOKED BACK SINCE.

N
bench
bench
N
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
The only way to hang with NW is to challenge every ball and NW possession, as BC did. If you give them any room at all, you are dead. The only thing NW needs to work on is its fans. Still screaming for more goals when they were up 7-0 and constantly screaming at Farragut players by criticizing them by their specific numbers. But of course, the fans can never be controlled.

That is just a pretty way of saying play "kick ball". BC put 10 men in the box everytime and cleared to the corners. Apparently that's the best way to keep games close with NW. I'll try not to mention the refs(although I just did)who "helped" BC with there 2 goals. And NW's fans should be the least of your worries. I think they are a little bit angry that noone wants to give there kids any respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the pot calling the kettle black. I mean coming from a team that "kicks the ball or you" . Yes BC did play behind the ball......I bet the "Head Coach" form Faragut is wishing he had done the same!!!

ps. the gk for nw batted the ball in the goal and lets not talk over reacting to fouls too.

Disclaimer: NW is VERY good and they play an attractive brand of soccer but it is as direct as I have seen. Kropp and Co do a great job of holding up the ball. But all 8,20,11 and 13 do is bang the ball up top and it goes from there. 8 a lot better than the rest from the left side. Kropp is as a complete forward that I have seen in years. I mean that guy does it all.

Goal
Goal
wow how about be glad that your team is that good and shut your mouth. A team like that comes around once in a few years. If you're not one of them (which your coach made so abundantly clear you are not) why are you even talking? You personally didn't put in the time and effort it took in club to get the way NW is. I'd like to call you a few choice words but I'd probably get banned so I'll just stick to the customary "jerk".

goal
goal
Your a good team NW but get off your "high horse"!!! Be on a "high horse" whenever you win state which you have not done yet!!!

T
kick off
kick off
T
yes, NW plays directly. The difference is that NW plays directly to their forwards who then hold onto the ball and wait for the rest of the team to catch up so they can attack as a unit. BC seamed like they were hoping for a forward to turn and beat a defender and take it to goal. They rarely held onto the ball and waited for the defense to catch up to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. But......

That might be the best way to attack NW. To me their Center Backs and GK were their weak spots.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard