Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SOKER---- great point! so many times during a game myself and the other 2 captains on my team (who are, as i understand are allowed to ask for explanation of a call) politely ask refs to explain the call or atleast say what the foul is being called for. And before we get anything out of our mouths he threatens to pull a yellow. definitely refs need to lighten up on this matter. give us players some slack!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree rhfrost. I am also a speaking captain for my team. It seems that sometimes there is no point of being the SPEAKING captain when the ref won't even let you ask him logical questions about his call. They really do need to lighten up

J
Brace
Brace
J
As a ref I can attest that many refs have a chip on their shoulders. I can't stand to ref with certain people because of their attitudes. I have no problem with explaining a call at a break in the action, or when play has moved away from me. I prefer to have the captain of the team talk to me. If someone is really discouraged about a call, just know that the refs can't be at all places at all times, and they make mistakes. I have made plenty of mistakes, but I try my best. But if you mouth off to a ref, it begins to show that others can mouth off...and this makes the situation worse. I will warn people if they get snotty, and the second time they say something stupid, I may card them. but if you just use the words "sir, may I ask why you made the call"....I can pretty much gurantee that you will have your questions answered. It may not be what you want to hear, but it will be answered.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard