OP Offline
bench
S
are they really that good?

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
nw is better and prob Norman North but nothing against greenville there a very strong team

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I think Norman North would beat them and if they played NW it would be an exciting game. But no they shouldn't be number one in the nation.

S
bench
bench
S
the national ranking is based solely on record and as of now greenville has only lost once

T
kick off
kick off
T
nw has only lost once also and that was in pk's. Thought I'd throw that out there for people who don't already know.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Greenville is better than Northwestern. Too bad they don't play in the playoffs.

N
bench
bench
N
quote:
Originally posted by Brock Scott:
Greenville is better than Northwestern. Too bad they don't play in the playoffs.

It is too bad. I'm guessing you weren't at the Palmetto Cup for the finals?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-1 in the finals of the palmetto cup against a Tennessee team whos got an exceptionally good record and dominates the teams in their bracket... Yea def thinkin Northwestern is the better team between them and greenville, but thats just my opinion. If only they could play each other, then NW would really prove it to anyone who still has doubt about them. Tell me the last team to have that good of a result in the finals of one of the best tournaments in the state.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I think the bigger question is:

Did NW go into the finals more/better rested than the other team? I heard that The team from Tenn had a couple of OT games and had to play their starters longer than NW did. Maybe an easier bracket had something to do with that. Tournaments usually don't have the best teams win in the end, the draw in soccer has a lot to do with it. With that many games in a short amount of time, the teams that may come from tough round robin play may have it tougher in the long run from the lack of time to rest. I am sure NW is good, but maybe on a day where both teams were rested the score would have been much closer/or maybe a different outcome would have happened.... jmo though.

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
I think the bigger question is:

Did NW go into the finals more/better rested than the other team? I heard that The team from Tenn had a couple of OT games and had to play their starters longer than NW did. Maybe an easier bracket had something to do with that. Tournaments usually don't have the best teams win in the end, the draw in soccer has a lot to do with it. With that many games in a short amount of time, the teams that may come from tough round robin play may have it tougher in the long run from the lack of time to rest. I am sure NW is good, but maybe on a day where both teams were rested the score would have been much closer/or maybe a different outcome would have happened.... jmo though.

FARRAGUT
4/12 vs. Spring Valley, 4 pm (3-2 W)
4/13 vs. Riverside, 1 pm (3-1 W)
4/14 vs. Wando, 10:45 am (1-1 T)
4/15 vs. Hilton Head, 9:30 am (3-2 ot W)

NORTHWESTERN
4/12 vs. Summerville, 2 pm (5-0 W)
4/13 vs. Socastee, 10 am (4-2 W)
4/14 vs. Daniel, 5:45 pm (4-0 W)
4/15 vs. Brookland-Cayce, 9:30 am (3-2 W)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard