Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Not to be overly pessimistic but....
Those national rankings are only for schools playing in the spring AND only for teams whose coaches are members of the NCSAA AND from what I understand, the coach has to recommend (for lack of better word) their team for ranking.

I agree G'vegas and NW are good teams, but it is rather humorous to read in the HS section that a SC is #1 in the nation but read in the other sections how SC may not be up to par with the rest of the country.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Yeah, Northwestern was number one in the nation last year until they lost to Eastside in the Northwestern Spring Tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think you have to be a NSCAA member for your team to be ranked, I think you have to be a memeber for your player to win an award such as NSCAA All South or All American etc.

goal
goal
cabj12 I completely disagree with you about NW, state yes, southwest region maybe, NATION no way...Not any SC team

goal
goal
i mean south east region^^^^^^

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I know several soccer loaded states play in the fall but how far fetched would it be for a SC team to play some top teams from fall season teams?

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
Not to be overly pessimistic but....
Those national rankings are only for schools playing in the spring AND only for teams whose coaches are members of the NCSAA AND from what I understand, the coach has to recommend (for lack of better word) their team for ranking.

I agree G'vegas and NW are good teams, but it is rather humorous to read in the HS section that a SC is #1 in the nation but read in the other sections how SC may not be up to par with the rest of the country.

14 states play boys high school soccer in the spring -- Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.

Only NSCAA members can vote in this poll, but it includes all teams regardless of whether that particular team's coach is a member of the NSCAA or not. Typically what happens is that after the rankings are compiled at the state level, then the "top five" teams are submitted to Kevin Denson, who chairs the Region I (SC-TN-VA). For more information, check out the FAQs .

T
kick off
kick off
T
If Farrugut had to play their starters longer that is their own fault. Northwestern can afford to sub more players because they have the depth to do. This ultimately makes them a better TEAM, because they have subs that can come in and compete at the same level as their starters, or very close to it.

T
kick off
kick off
T
i also heard a RUMOR that nw wanted to schedule a game with greenville but finotti didn't want to do it. Not sure if this is true or not, just a rumor that i heard from a former player.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I stand corrected. But I do know that in 1999, Riverside finished in the top 20 while JL Mann did not. Mann won the AAA State Championship that year and beat Riverside several times.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard