Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
To all,

There is a lot of interest in Northwestern at this particular time.

First let me congratulate Kevin and Kyle Heise and all the support staff for a wonderful tournament. It was very well run and what a classy touch that the final was held on such a magnificent pitch.

Secondly, Northwestern players are respectfully requested not to post on this message board. I have no information to believe that they do. The Northwestern soccer program cannot, and does not wish to, control other person’s opinions and posts.

Thirdly, Coach Finotti did not turn down a chance to play Northwestern because no offer was made. Coach Finotti and I are very close friends and communicate regularly. It was a common sense decision to not schedule the match. I don’t think anybody could have foreseen the almost identical success of both teams. My best wishes to Coach Finotti and his Greenville team for the remainder of the season.

Lastly, I am very proud of my players and the way they have performed all season. For those that wanted to know the stats for the Palmetto Cup final they are listed below:

GAME #19 – 4/15/06 – NHS ranked #1 in AAAA
Palmetto Cup - Finals
Vs Farragut, TN ranked #5 in Tennessee AAA @ USC Stone Stadium

Score: NHS 10 – FHS 1
Shots: NHS 29 – FHS 7
Corners: NHS 7 – FHS 2
Saves: NHS 5 – BCHS 10
Taylor Crawford – 5
Goals:
Ryan Kropp – 3 (8,9&10)
Enzo Martinez – 3 (24,25&26)
Vance Benson – 1 (17)
Mitchell Gullick – 1 (7)
Drew Lehman – 1 (6)
Andrew Phillips – 1 (20)
Assists
Ryan Kropp – 4 (28,29,30&31)
Michael Antinoro – 2 (9&10)
Andrew Phillips – 2 (12&13)
Alex Galloway – 1 (5)
Enzo Martinez – 1(16)
Alex Stull – 1 (2)
Record: NHS 18-1 Overall; Region 8-0

Sincerely,

Dominic Wren

Head Boys Soccer Coach, Northwestern High School.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
WDIM, I believe they were ranked number one last year. If you look at the national rankings topic then you will see

Hurst66
Registered Member
Member # 2945

posted April 11, 2006 01:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He did it with Northwestern, now he did it with Greenville.

Unbelievable....two years in a row. Strong.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

which means he put NW at number 1 last year.

T
kick off
kick off
T
I think both teams are good and probably the best two teams in the state, but, have you looked at the strength of schedule for Greenville. I think that it is pretty much a fluff schedule. Just my opinion.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
last week it was northwestern and they proved everyone wrong. so now we have to move over to greenville adn claim that they have a weak schedule. unbelievable

J
world cup
world cup
J
Seriously.. by definition..every south carolina varsity boy's soccer team has some fluff..you can poke holes in any schedule.

I'm stoked that both got a mention..who cares about all this other crap?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congradulatons to Nick Finotti and Greenvile High School on being ranked #1 in the Nation. The second year in a row for coach Finotti is unbelieable let alone with two different teams, im just thankful i got to play on one of them! Yes it would be good to see them play against each other, but that will not happen. at least not this year. Good luck to G-Ville in the playoffs and i hope to see you soon coach!

goal
goal
I would like to see these rankings put in with the other states that play in the fall semester to see where SC soccer really stands.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Greenville is better. Both teams played Eastside and Greenville won 4-1 while Northwestern won 3-1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern also played Summerville and the score was 5-0 G-ville played them and won by 2 goals i believe? So...

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I was just kidding with my statement there.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard