Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh sry bout that then!

bench
bench
Well good comparisons but Greenville Eastside game was the same week that Northwestern played eastside. Greenville played summerville in preseason tourney and Northwester just played them. Both teams are excellent and it is hard to compare teams through other team. Best of luck to both teams throughout season.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I'm really out of this debate. But for someone who may be on Northwestern or G-Ville...how many CESA players does each team have?

I
bench
bench
I
i used to play high school soccer in north carolina in which teams play in the fall... and there is no way you can talk about a north western or a greenville being on top of the nation.. the level of competition is so much greater in other states.. north carolina being one, Apex and North meck were def powerhouses in the country whose players are made up of some of the premier club teams in the country, such as CASL Elite and Charlotte soccer club ..not to mention last years Athens Drive team who were absolutely sick with 7 or 8 starters playing on the CASL Elite team... texas being another state with players coming from another top club in the country, Solar.. they also play their high school in the fall... and the schools go up to 8 and 9 A classes, there is no way these south carolina teams could compete with this level of play... Not to take anything away from NW or G'Ville, but there would be no chance for them against an 8A texas powerhouse.. last time i checked.. texas and NC were in this nation.. making this national ranking of g'vill being the top team complete krap... wait till after the season when the fall soccer states get their votes in for national rankings... greenville will be lucky to be in the top 15

A
bench
bench
A
You are dead on with your evaluation of South Carolina high school teams. They are good in their own right, but they do not compare with many team in surrounding states from NC, Georgia, Virginia, etc., not to mention the Texas, Florida, NJ, PA, CA and the list goes on and on. There are also very few states that play in the Spring, so it is very difficut to compare teams to eac other on the national level. If you take a team like Thomas Dale from Virginia, they have 6 players that have signed Div. I scholarships this year. There are years in South Carolina where there are not that many players in the entire state. So SC has some very good teams in their own world, but are not a big factor in the overall picture.

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
well hmm guys...lets think about this south carolina 26th in the nation in population...of course they are not gonna have better players simply because they have less peeople...NW is from Rock Hill...a tiny city compared to charolette or others...

I
bench
bench
I
22 that is probably the best reason of all that there is no reason for them to be considered one of the top teams in the country... maybe the best for its city population, but not the entire nation.. and thats what the national ranking is... big cities doing big things.. Raleigh, Charlotte, Ft. Worth, Birmingham, Richmond, Sacremento.. elite soccer cities.. Bottem Line

goal
goal
AGREED

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
I agree they cannot be compared...thats what I was trying to say...

hat-trick
hat-trick
Well...this is all true. But, these rankings are national rankings for states that play in the spring only. There are seperate rankings for teams that play in the fall, and in those, south carolina teams aren't considered, because they don't play in the fall. However, I dissagree with VA. the ocean lakes team that came down here got handled, and they ended up in the 4a state semi in va if i heard correctly.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard