hat-trick
Cardinal Newman 1-4 Greenwood
Ben Lippen 14-0 OP

#38438 04/25/06 02:50 AM
D
goal kick
goal kick
D
in another thrilling dreher-bc rivalry game the blue devils pull off the win in pks. dreher went up early in the second when their keeper caught a john mcclam strike but stumbled over the line extending johns scoring streak to 10 games and giving dreher the advantage. bc tied it up and the game was a stalemate until regulation ended. in overtime #13 for bc beat the defense on a through ball and put the ball in the net with about a minute left in the first overtime period. drew leatherman scored the equalizer in the second period. in pks the teams traded first goals, dreher missed its second and bc converted. the teams continued to trade goals until george rushe saved bcs clincher sending it to sudden death. dreher conveted and bc didnt giving dreher an emotional win and extending their practical dominance of to 7-1 in the last 8 games.

best wishes to the bc player who was injured tonight, i think i remember his name being carlos perez (i am sorry if that is wrong) and dreher's edward wilson. the two knocked heads going for a ball. the bc was bleeding and was immobilized and carted off by paramedics. wilson was a bit woozy and probably only had a minor concussion. best of luck to the bc player and hopes for a full and speedy recovery.

on another less serious note, bc's athletic director kicked me out for no apparent reason. i will recount it in full: during pks on i think the third, bcs keeper was doing a little dance on his way to the goal. i said nice dance carlos, your sister taught me last night. a guy in a bc shirt looks at me in this real stern face and i just said its a joke come on smile. then on andrew evans's pk i yelled "you have nothing evans, nothing" or something along those lines. the guy told me to be queit for my guys after andrew embarrased me by putting in a sick pk upper 90. he paused and then said "and youll get to see the rest." i couldnt believe he had said it and i said something like "cheer for your guys" or "be queit for your guys." and of course he says your gone and i walked out coopertavily with the police officer. now i said nothing profane and really nothing that insulting. i told the cop that and he basically agreed with me and informed me thats the ad theres nothing he can do. he complimented me on my cooperation and i watched dreher complete the sweep of the region just outside the gate. ridiculous in my opinion. i mean the sister thing i guess you could see as out of line but if you take that serious you need a reality check. i think it was more of an ego thing because i didnt bow down to him. i mean if i use profanity kick me out i understand but i didnt.

#38439 04/25/06 02:51 AM
D
goal kick
goal kick
D
and im pleased i met the infamous benp tonight

#38440 04/25/06 03:08 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
In what ended up being probably the best game I've seen all year. Dreher Swept the toughest 3a region with a back and forth win over BC 3-2 in pks (5-4).

The scoring opened up in the first half as Dreher (not sure who) had a shot go over the keeper, who then grabbed it facing his goal, and was just barely over the goal line (good job by the official being right there on the line to make the call). BC's answer didn't come until around the 60th minute, when Caio Gaspar put his corner hard and on the ground to the top of the box. Les Sonefeld then hit his second seeing eye/emaculate strike of the year against Dreher. Rushe didn't have much of a chance with a shot like that. The scoreline didn't change, and overtime began with both teams fired up. BC then takes the lead with just a minute to go in the first overtime when Caio got his second assist, this time to Lee Smith, who placed a shot from outside the box back post; again, no blaming Rushe on a goal like that. Dreher was not to be outdone, as they took a free kick from the corner and Drew Leatherman hit it across the face of the goal and in, not much the keeper could have done their either, 3 excellent goals, and one controversial one leads this game to kicks from the mark. BC makes their first 4, and Dreher misses their second. Rushe had a quality save on the 5th kick, and Dreher made the 6th, while BC missed theirs. Hats off to Dreher on a great season, and good luck to BC in their region tie breaker for 2nd place vs. Chapin Thursday.

As for the injury, the situation was very unfortunate. BC's Carlos Farias-Perez and Dreher's Edward Wilson butted heads going after a header and were both taken to the hospital. I hope that nothing serious comes from this, but word is that both may have suffered concussions.

#38441 04/25/06 03:36 AM
R
throw in
throw in
R
Ben P - John McClam headed the first goal.

As for the injuries, I just got off the phone with Ed Wilson's mother and she reports that Ed is feeling better and they are now home. She said they saw Carlos at the hospital. Ed and Carlos spoke to each other and Carlos should be ok, but he had to have quite a few stiches.

Thanks to all who expressed their concern for the injured players and if someone has more of an update on Carlos, please let us know. Our prayers are with him for a speedy recovery.

Congrats to BC on a well played game. You guys continue to work hard no matter what kind of adversity strikes and that shows fortitude, heart, desire and character. All things that will take you a long way in life.

Finally to my boys at Dreher. A hearty thank you for making my last regular season special. 8-0 in Region 5 is a monumental task and you were up to it. Let's continue the good play.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard