Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
F
bench
bench
F
For the record, Andrew Phillips didn't just "take him out". It was unintentional. Try sprinting as fast as that kid can sprint against your rival's keeper who came out of his own box...tackling a keeper out there there is perfectly legal and is normally an easy and perfectly legit way to creat a goalscoring opportunity. It doesn't even matter, because it was obvious that Phillips wasn't even going for the keeper, he tried to get out of the way. Dimaggio ran smack into him. Definitely would never be worth a straight red, and a yellow isn't even really that understandable. Probably just a free kick for the keeper's team.

J
world cup
world cup
J
If Region 3 is like most other regions.. NW still gets the #1 seed. 3-1 aggregate goal differential in NW's favor.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad loss for NW. While it is a GREAT win for FM..and if they meet in the Upperstate Final..it should be one for the ages.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Please correct me if i'm wrong,(I don't know the rule for this) but isn't a card the norm for running into a goalie? Depending on where "out there" is it isn't perfectly legit. And he obviously ran into him hard enough to send him to the hospital, like you said, goal scoring opportunity, was he really thinking about avoiding contact, or was andrew thinking about scoring? and the plot thickens haha

bench
bench
Mentally, who do you think benefits more from FM's win tonight? NW - because they will work harder and not take the road to the State Championship for granted? Or everyone else - because they have renewed hope that the giant can be slain?

F
bench
bench
F
he would get a card if he was inside the box. The keeper was outside the box, therefore it would be like takling a field player. Andrew tried to jump out of the way from what it looked like, but they both basically just ran straight into eachother. In my opinion it was mutual. A yellow card is understandable.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Gotcha, which box, because i thought as long as the goalie was within, "the big box" haha he couldn't be touched

Brace
Brace
futbol05, you better watch the replay on tape. Mark has possession of the ball, thus, if out of box, handling on Mark. Andrew came into him with knee up and foot off the ground.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
or should i say, was he going to pick the ball up, or was he trying to play it with his feet.

J
world cup
world cup
J
If you run into someone hard enough that they're puking on the sideline..and have to go to the hospital.. You either did it maliciously..and it's going to be an obvious red. Or you didn't have enough time to get out of the way ..and BAM!

Of course..I wasn't there. But all you have to say is that the keeper was outside the 18.. red card? ..no sir.

As for motivation..

It may help everyone else mentally..but NW still has the talent to run the table. And I think this loss should refresh that goal for the Trojans.

I still think they make it to State.. but it won't be a cakewalk.

goal
goal
UPPER STATE REMATCH?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard