Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
kick off
kick off
G
well if you both have the same record, but one team plays harder teams to get that record...then they might just be better.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Also I believe that region tie breaking systems are determined by the coaches in that region. So it not the fact of anyone trying to hide from another game its just the way the rule is. No one is at fault here and from the looks of things theres nothing stopping either of these teams from meating up again in upper state.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Well, FM lost to Daniel, HH, and NW. I don't really view those as slouches, but I understand where you are coming from about a poor tie breaking system.

The good teams all play bad teams in college football, at the beginning to get geared up for the better ones. Thats why temple had such a tough schedule, so Virginia, Miami, Wisconsin, etc. could beat the crap out of them. You know beating someone 65-0 sure would get my football team ready for the season also.

The better analogy would be that like Clemson, Virginia, and Wisconsin, NW chose to play weaker teams. While it gives you that much needed rest after tough games, it can also hurt them in the long run. I understand what you are saying though, Temple was just a funny analogy.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Another reason there isn't a tie breaking game, is because, there may not be a team left healthy enough for the playoffs. FM's goalie already ended up in the hospital with a lacerated liver, I mean seriously, poor kid, could you imagine these teams having to play again, three refs wouldn't be the answer, SWAT may do the job, I don't know. Four days before the playoffs start, you have to be realistic, but i think flipping a coin would have been the better of the two alternatives.

goal
goal
If you think that game was voilent....WAIT UNTIL THESE TWO MEET AGAIN IN UPPER STATE...

brace
brace
Big Kudos to FM for the win, but overall I don't believe they are as strong as NW, and not having their starting keeper will make it a tough road for them. If things go as planned, the winner of the SA/Mauldin game (probably SA)will be a very tough team to beat.

T
kick off
kick off
T
Apparently, since the FM/NW game got postponed, the Boiling Springs game was going to get pushed back to Friday. Then Boiling Springs did not see any point in rescheduling so NW lost out on a game. From what I have heard, this is why FM got the region, b/c they have played more teams. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but just something I heard. Feel free to correct me if anyone has heard anything different.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
WDIM -
Thats what i'm saying, and you could only imagine if these two had to have a playoff game to see who wins the region, and then possible again in upperstate, PURE CARNAGE.

Trojan -
Thats basically correct from what Hurst stated earlier.

goal
goal
anonymousjoe -
All I know is if they do meet in UPPER state I will not miss that game, and suggest nobody does.

goal
goal
That was a great game Thursday night. Congrats to FM. NHS played flat and FM played great. They seemed to have wanted it more and capitalized on one of their few chances. I wish the best for Mark. If they do play again in the Upperstate Championship, it will be one you do not want to miss!

Again, Congrats to FM!

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard