Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
coach
coach
Yes, I may need some Yani to come down from my workout. I may have overdone it today.
 -

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
any word on the PLC finals? Jack? I heard they were yesterday (13th)...?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
You heard correctly. The Poster's League Championship did indeed take place yesterday May 13th..and lasted well into the early hours of Sunday the 14th.

On this Championship weekend.. the PLC Final was not to be outdone by PK shootouts and clashing 4A titans.

Tonight new standards of competitive posting were set, bowels ruptured, women swooned, men became gods..and just as it began..it ended..the sun will still rise tomorrow..but this time under the reign of a new PLC Champion.

Perennial mudslinger 2004Striker arrived at the match today with his entourage of whiney mutinous AC Flora parents in attack mode. While the voice of reason crawled from behind the counter at Soccer Plus just in time to avoid disqualification.

As the two opponents became the focus of the crowd's attention..the voice of reason thought back to the glory days at Riverside High School. How he and Chet Milton had both scored hat trick heard in the demonation of Irmo. Or that time they played the All God team and thoroughly trounced the opposition. Meanwhile 2004Striker thought back to that time L-E Dude slid on Skylar Reeves Jr. and said "Better stay down, B**CH!" ..or the quiet afternoons before a match at Bolden Stadium when he would comb the field making sure all the hypodermic needles and condoms had been cleared.

But as the whistle blew they both snapped back to the present and fixed their gaze on eachother.

Posting was fast and furious..the match eventually settled into the equivalent of a brawlers slugfest. Hit after hit..these two posters pounded away at eachother until there was seemingly nothing left. But knowing the PLC Cup was on the line kept both posters conscious as their bodies demanded they throw in the towel.

Sometime after 1AM (3+ hours into the match)..an urgent message was received by officials in the press box. Over the loud speakers they announced to the crowd, "We've just received word from the experts at goirmo.com, that and I quote, 'The predicted merger by 2004Striker never actually happen. It has been a figment of our imaginations.'"

Without skipping a beat, the voice of reason went straight for the jugular. He quickly searched ever post ever made by 2004Striker..then spell checked, grammar checked, and converted them all to MLA format.

Due to this..voice of reason The Stroke had now seen in his own words..coupled with all the stress of preparing for this competition..and previously watching the Lowerstate lose..yet again. 2004Striker fell to the ground..and is believed to have had..a stroke (go figure?!).

Your 2006 Poster's League Championship winner is none other than.. the voice of reason.

Congratu-effin-lations..now do us all a favor and go be the Riverside coach..

Thanks to all the volunteers who made this all possible. Without you..I would have done this all by myself.. which.. I did. See you in 2007.

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Enjoy the 2006 edition..of the GREAT CUP!

-

corner kick
corner kick
very nice VOR.....congrats to all the participants...and a special thanks to you jack [Wink]

coach
coach
WHAT???????????
IT CAN'T BE!!!!
ALL MY HARD WORK FOR NAUGHT?
ITS BLASPHEMONEY!
ITS ALL POLITICAL, JUST LIKE ALL-STATE!
RIGHT NOW I AM TEMPORARILY UNABLE TO SPEAK DUE TO THE MASSIVE STROKE I INCURRED THIS MORNING!
MY DOCTOR, SARA BELLUM, SAID I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY MORE ABOUT THIS TERRIBLE PLC UPSET THIS AFTERNOON. RIGHT NOW IT IS TOO DANGEROUS TO SAY MORE-
 -

Brace
Brace
To boworrow from Jou Gehrig... today, i consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth. I have even printed the picture and hung it on my wall. There were many great competitors, and I am truly honored to be recognized as the best poster for this year!!!

A special thanks to L-E Dude for organizing this incredible tournament. I am going to revel in all the spoils that come with finishing #1- ladies, "A" list celebrities, but most importantly.... a new line for my signature.

To all the competitors, beware of next year. The Voice of Reason does not rest on one championship.... we press for more!!!

Brace
Brace
and of course we all know that would be Lou Gehrig.... seeing as I am shedding a tear during my acceptance speech, the letters are a bit blurred.

coach
coach
(My doctor gave me approval to make a brief statement until I recover further from the stroke, so I am using one of those long sticks between my teeth to type this) -
LEdudeman,
VOR was a worthy finalist and I wish him well with his Cup, but I demand an explanantion! Now I know how Irmo feels when they are robbed of a championship. What was it?
Bad refs? Bad uniform? The Spalding ball? My enmity towards your crude buddy shutdown? My unbleached hair?
I DEMAND THE NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, ADDRESSES, WORK PLACES OF ALL YOUR COMMITTEE MEMBERS. YOU AND YOUR RAGTAG PLC BOARD WILL HEAR NEXT FROM THE SCYSA WHEN I FILE MY PROTEST THRU MY LEGAL GURU, CHICO!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks L-E dude!!!

Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard