Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
benp Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
I noticed that Fort Mill got the first seed in that region. What was the tie breaker that gave them the win? I read that "strength of schedule" was used to determine the champs, but that is a very unclear way to describe it. How did they factor who's schedule was better, and why not use the tournaments?

(sidenote) I think its quite funny that the best team in South Carolina didn't win their region, or one of their tournaments. But that doesn't mean I don't think they are the best. I've seen them, and Ben Lippen has played them, and we know that they are number 1.

goal
goal
I really would like to see a coach post something about the tie breaker in that region and explain it to everyone...

A
bench
bench
A
I heard the AD at Ft. Mill is on the committee. I think many people want to know this tie breaker procedure. I head it came down to strength of schedule. If that is the case I would like to see how they decided that. I can not believe Dom Wren is not asking questions as well as the NW AD. As I said before there is NO rationale tiebreaker or criteria for NW not to be #1. 99-1 goals for, against speaks for itself.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I believe the following system is in place,

1. Region record
2. Unit system: did any of the tied teams beat a higher region ranked team?
3. Point system:
AAAA win = 4 points
AAAA loss = 3 points
AAA win = 3 points
AAA loss = 2 points
AA win = 2 points
AA loss = 1 points
A win = 1 point
A loss = 0 points

You guys can try to figure out the points. I lack the time and energy.

A
bench
bench
A
Thanks sccoach for the info. It is just nuts. If you had 20 nuetral soccer people vote between these two teams, it would 20-0 everytime.

goal
goal
I think it is funny as well. The tiebreaker is strange, but that's the way the ball bounces. I'm just looking forward to playoffs to see who really is the best!

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
they need to put a new system in place such as goal differential in region play or goal differential between both games. This is asanine to be honest that they get the number 1 seed seeing first game was 3-0 and second only 1-0. But hey gj fm

S
bench
bench
S
what sccoach said is correct. It decided the tie break between lancaster, york, and rh.

T
kick off
kick off
T
NW can not blame anyone but themselves. They had the home field advantage and it was senior night. They couldn't have had a better time to play Fort Mill. They simply did not show up for the game that mattered most. However, I don't think it is going to matter what seed they are. They should go far.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I agree usually a great team that has been rolling off blow out after blow out for most of the season needs to be reminded that they are human and beatable before playoffs. I think it will make NW have a "chip" on their shoulder throughout the playoffs.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard