Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
kick off
kick off
T
I agree.

goal
goal
Trojan10, you are exactly right. They had everything going for them, they just didn't show up. I also look for them to do well in playoffs, regardless of seed.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I don't understand why everyone is for goal differential espescially in this region. Now if FT. Mill and Northwestern wanted to they could beat the teams in the region terribly, but they don't, at least FM doesn't. Now make the region tie breaker, goal differential, and you are going to see 20-0 blow outs, which doesn't help either team get better. Granted I follow the girls soccer more then boys, and FM Girls stop scoring when its 7 or 8-0 and then start playing one touch goals and headers, that type of thing. Now keep in mind that they start this in the middle of the first half typically. If the region tie breaker was goal differential, they would just run up the score and show no mercy. That doesn't make anyone better.

T
kick off
kick off
T
But what you forget to factor in is that a lot of those games that NW was running the score up in was not even their starters. They even had jv players coming in. I don't know if Fort Mill did that or not. But like it was said earlier this year, if NW beats a horrible team 4-0 then everyone is wondering why they did not beat them worse. So then when they put in subs and jv players that beat the crap out of those teams people make it look like they are just running up the score to be d-bags.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
when is the last time NW had to play a playoff game on the road, except for the state championships? could that play a part in their playoff games? They have enjoyed a nice homefield advantage in recent years in the playoffs

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
No I understand that, i'm simply saying in their region, goal differential is not a good determinant for that reason exactly, half the games were played by JV and none starting team mates. In a more competitive region, or possibly goal differential against ranked teams would be an accetable way to determine region champ, but region goal differential, in their region, is not a good determinant.

T
kick off
kick off
T
Yeah I see what you're saying. The only problem is that it has to be consistent throughout all of the regions.

L
throw in
throw in
L
this is a joke everyone knows NW is #1. if not then why are they still ranked ahead of FM in the state rankings. NW's win % is still better, their overall record is still better, they have a region goal differential of +98 (i think)which is the best in that region, they won the Palmetto Cup, and they have already beaten FM 3-0. and more.......

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
No one is doubting they are the best, but FM DID win the region. I know, the truth is always hard to stomach.

brace
brace
quote:
Originally posted by trojan10:
Yeah I see what you're saying. The only problem is that it has to be consistent throughout all of the regions.

Tiebreakers should be the same across the state, but in reality each region has their own tiebreakers. I would like to see this rule changed.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard