Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3992 12/21/02 03:19 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
thank you G11...that really means a lot to me...right...

Anyways...I've watched the top teams in 4A over the past two years and the championship teams always seemed pretty predictable...but this year..i'm not sure. I've heard RV lost a ton of players and will be fielding a mainly lowerclassmen squad. I've also heard SV has lost a lot of players to behavior issues. I would think that Dorman's championship sophomores and freshmen of 01' should be a force this year in 4A. Of course Irmo should be in it but there isn't much info from Irmo yet on the board so there is no telling what they have or don't have. Sumter could have a really good year. And there is always Dutch Fork and Lexington.. So from my perspective it seems to be up for grabs...you never know. Can't wait till the season starts.

#3993 12/21/02 11:04 PM
Brace
Brace
G11-
If you think all the smaller A schools need is a few good players, let me draw your attention to a few different results:
Greenville beat Dorman
Brookland-Cayve beat Summerville and Stratford
Bishop England beat Dorman and Ridge View

Also, it is very difficult for schools outside of AAAA to schedule schools that size. AAAA athletic directors have various agreements that, for the most part, set their schedule for them. We don't really know if the top AAA schools could compete with the top AAAA schools b/c they only play each other in the pre-season or in tournaments. I have just given a couple of examples where top teams in "smaller A" leagues beat top AAAA teams. Allowing the top teams, no matter what level, to play each other more often would only raise the overall level of play.

#3994 12/22/02 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said Voice.I've been saying for yrs.that S.C. really doesn't have a true state champ.Chapin could have won it all last yr.Sumter could do it this yr.. And Dreher{if the Shandon connection is intact}could do it next yr..and for 2 yrs. after that.

#3995 12/23/02 07:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard tl hanna might come out strong this year. they have a great junior class with some transfers. i know their schedule is hard.

#3996 12/27/02 01:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since Irmo isn't saying anything......they will have a few more strong years left, especially this one. Their senior class is loaded, and they have a lot of outstanding younger players to keep the tradition going afterwards. So, I think that Irmo will once again be a force to be reckoned with this coming season. (Don't forget what happened to them last year...they have some motivation)

#3997 01/29/03 04:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
alright, lets get one thing straight, RV is done. They arent gonna be competitive this year or years to come. They have very little talent left on that squad.
and in response to the question about the other A's; sure there are teams from each class that can contend to be a premier team. but for the exception of chapin, bishop england, and 5 or 6 3a teams, no one can compete with decent 4a teams. they are in a higher class for a reason. they have more people, and because of that, they usually have more talent.

#3998 02/11/03 02:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no good 1a teams or 2a there may be a couple good 3a teams but all the quality teams in 4a= you are right that there are crappy teams in all a's

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard