Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BC that good this year. I hear from a lot of people that they are not as good as they were last year. Like the Refs are telling us that. So is anyone disagrees post back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well they finised 2-1-1 in a very tough tournament. So i would say they are stil good. It will be hard for them to be as good as last year but they are still the team to beat in lower state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i do not think bc is even close to the form they were last year. they do not have an offensive threat that i know of. a team with decent D should be able to handle them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were they even good last year? They are a joke. They are always ranked high because their coach runs this site. Did that turn the lights on for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are ranked high because their coach runs this site?? are you insane?? They're ranked high because they are a soccer POWER in SC always....along with Irmo, Hillcrest, Wando, Riverside....teams like that...teams with a tradition of excellence....RV is building one quickly.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B-c has always been pretty good at soccer. Last year was a great year for them, but they dont have nearly as much power as they did last year. They got beat by Airport 1-0. Airport got an early lead and B-C just couldnt finish, they had pleanty of opportunities. That is B-C's only weakness. They have a strong defense and midfield but they cant finish a ball. Overall they are a pretty strong team.

Brace
Brace
Regarding the comment that B-C is always ranked highly because Kevin Heise runs this board, the fact is that Kyle and I run the board. Kevin has removed himself from moderating any forum but the Coaches Association forum. As far as the comment "were they even good last year", since 1993 they are 175-44-3 for a .795 winning percentage ... eighth best in the state over that period of time. They were region champs (or co-champs) in '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, and runners-up in '96.

Anyone is welcome to start, run, and maintain their own website to promote their own interests -- so feel free to do so if it bothers you so much. It is amazing that someone would accuse Kyle of anything like that ... unless that person was unfamiliar with the amount of volunteer time donated by Kyle (and to a lesser extent, the amount of time spent by me) to keep the state abreast of such a vast amount of soccer information in both this forum and in updating the schedules and scores throughout the state.

As far as B-C's team this year, I've seen them play three times and in a scrimmage. They have the potential to be a quality team when they play well. The team, in my opinion, is finding it difficult to fill both the skillful shoes of members departing last year (Troy Lesesne's ability to score and Jeffrey Horton's ability to stop, to name just two) and the gaps in leadership which have opened as a result of the graduation of last year's seniors. Thomas Mann and Jabari Seabrook have a lot of pressure on them to produce, but they are merely two of eleven. Cory Smith is solid in the net.

But they have a ways to go before they can show everyone that they could contend for a championship ring this season. This is the first year that the Bearcats have had to deal with the pressures of having a 'great big bullseye' on them due to success over the past few years - culminating in last year's state runner-up finish.

They have shown that they CAN play with the state's best (win over Summerville, tie with Riverside), and yet can be defeated by teams that work hard, hustle, and take advantage of their opportunities. It is up to their players to show what they have each game. They have yet to do that in both their losses this season.

Coach Easley

World Cup
World Cup
Well stated David ... We are in a state of flux at BCHS right now as we are still mixing & matching, but we have the ingredients to be potent ... Thank you for your candid review of our team and my state of affairs with SCSOCCER.COM ... Though I support the site wholeheartedly, I do not gain "favors" and such for my squad due to that fact ... By the way, we played a very solid AC Flora team tonight and they are going to be a force in the Class AAA Lower State!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to both of you guys for providing a state of the art website for Palmetto State Soccer. As far as promoting the B-C program on this site, only the envious would think so.

The Airport win proves to us all that there is no such thing as an unbeatable team, and that gives hope to all programs who are willing to work hard to reach victory. Kudos to Airport who deserves their win.

The only difference between ordinary teams and extraordinary teams is that little "extra."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my experience Brooklyn Cayce has been a very strong team and a worthy rival of any team in the state. I do feel however that this year they are not quite on the same level that they have been on in seasons passed. They have a strong defense supported by Jabari but i feel that he has much less to work with now that Troy has left the team....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard