Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
kick off
kick off
L
Being at the game and seeing Riverside and Greenville play a couple of other times this year I have a couple of opinions. Greenville usually plays high pressure and depend a lot on their speed to win the ball in their attacking half of the field and work for a corner, long throw, or foul to score. They are very organized and play great team defense. The first problem on Saturday was Riverside played very well with the ball under pressure in their half and managed to always make great decisions with the ball; weather it be a long ball to #20 (who played a great game and pressured Greenville's back 4 all night) or build up from the backs to midfielders. The second reason Riverside was successful is because Kosis #18 and Shockly GK were unbelievable in the air on all long balls, corners, and throw-ins which allowed them to clear the ball and counter-attack instead of picking the ball out of the back of the net and go to kick-off like the rest of the teams Greenville faced this year. The third reason, and final from my point of view, is Riverside played together as a team at the level they are capable and were capable of playing all year with the talent they have. Let's face it they have some ballers on that team. I will also say that Greenville still did not play their best game of the year and still hung in there with Riverside. Seemed everytime Riverside would score back would come Greenville and put one in. So it was a great game to watch. But like I said this is my opion and I could be wrong.

S
bench
bench
S
Riverside definitely did their homework. Hats off to their coach. Being an upstate soccer fan I have seen both teams play. (Greenville beat Riverside 4-0 during the regular season). Every time Greenville took the field they worked like a well oiled machine; very precise passing & ball handling skills. Riverside was not nearly as impressive.... until Sat night. They brought the same game as Greenville; maybe even better. They came close to scoring another 4 or 5 goals in the 1st half. They had a PK blocked & missed the net when the keeper was out along with some other near misses. It will be interesting to see if Riverside was on for just one night or it will continue throughout the playoffs.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
I don't think it is possible to provide a real "recap" of the game for the posters that have requested one. If you were at the game...count yourself lucky...this was probably the best HS game (any sport) that I have ever witnessed. The hype associated with GHS and the fact that RHS almost lost in the first round against TR just added to the atmosphere...especially after RHS scored the first goal. Each team took each others best shot(s) and didn't give up. Most people probably would have expected that from GHS but not from RHS...hat's off to the coach for getting the boys ready for the challenge and the players for executing the plan!!!!!

Good luck on Wednesday.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard