Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4039 03/19/02 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about A.C. Flora? Like what players are top scoring threats, whats the midfield and defense like, and how is the keeper. Also, what style of soccer do they play. Any info would be good.

#4040 03/20/02 05:53 AM
Goal
Goal
A.C. Flora has a decent side this year and are usually a pretty strong team. Walker Nickles is their big threat up top. They also have a Soph. that is pretty decent up front. Their goalkeeper is Russ Sandifer and he's a solid shot-blocker. Flora has a lot of newcomers from Cardinal Newman and Hammond, who have helped out with the loss of Zach Beasley and Michael Taylor. They also have a new coach, since Thad Miller left last June. Dreher plays them Saturday, so we'll definitely see how they stack up with the Blue Devils.

#4041 03/19/02 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are their jersey numbers?

#4042 03/19/02 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their soccer website has lots of individual stats. Link to the site is at
http://www.richlandone.org/acflora/athleticsvarsityboyssoccer.htm

#4043 03/20/02 01:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They'll beat you...enough said.

#4044 03/20/02 02:34 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Shut up fathead. You don't know what your talking about. You think they are going to beat us b/c they left their starters in and racked it up on you guys. I think you should be the last person deciding wether a team is actually good or not because you wouldn't know what to look for. Could you explain to me what your obsession with trying to slap the ball out of the air is? I was just wondering that during the game tonight? Its funny you complained about the refs but they only called like 2 hand balls and you guys were SLAPPING them out of the air especially you FATHEAD or Josh or whatever. You deserved the red card too. You already had a yellow and should have been out of the game earlier. I don't know about you guys but i'm ready for Flora.

#4045 03/20/02 02:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, i play for SA, we played them and beat them 1-0, they are a good team.

#4046 03/20/02 03:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok...before you go runnin off at the mouth, you really should think before you speak. If you don't, you make yourself look like an idiot.
To address one of your points-I don't know what to look for. Yeah...you're wrong about that. As much as you'd like to tell yourself otherwise. I've seen both teams this year and my opinion stands in the favor of A.C. Flora. Reasoning behind this is b/c after playing both teams, I observed that they move the ball much better than your team. Not saying that LE is bad, b/c you're not...I won't lie to myself and say that LE sucks, BUT, Flora plays better soccer...end of argument.
Secondly-sure, we got blown out by them, but missing a few starters and our keeper played a key factor in the amount of goals scored. We can't hang w/ a team like that, and I'll be the first to admit it. But, I'd like to think that the next match will show a difference.
The "ball slapping" was done on purpose, yes. I thought I'd try to slow your team down in a way that looked accidental. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do, and if you can get away w/ it, more power to you...to a certain extent.
The yellow, I deserved. The red was a horrible call. Ever hear this..."an object in motion tends to stay in motion." It's a law of physics. Your man stopped and fell in front of me, and despite my best attempts to not fall on him, I did. If I had done it on purpose, I would've tried to fall w/ some force, but I didn't b/c it was unintentional. Ask #11...I talked to him about it after the incident and he agreed w/ me. But, the call was made and I gotta roll w/ the punches. Oh well for me.
Speaking of "punches"...how about your guy pushing me down in the box? If he would've let me shoot, I might've missed as opposed to us getting one in on the p.k. It was a horrible challenge made by the guy...he got NO ball on it. So, if you have anything else to say, let me know...I ALWAYS got an answer.

#4047 03/20/02 03:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
man that is BULL CRAP!!! you were pushing people on my team the whole time. maybe you didnt get the red for the fall maybe you got it for playing soccer like a dick the whole freakin game... when most of the fouls called are called on you maybe the refs start to think accidents are performed on purpose as for grabbing the ball out of the airthat was lame... thats called "im to slow to get to the ball, to lazy to put forth any effort, so im gonna cheat. it didnt even slow the play down... if anything it helped by slowing the ball down for a better kick. and as for the slide tackle in the box.... that was bull crap too... the player on my team ran past you and slid from the front and the ball went out. so either he hit the ball into you which sent it out, or he hit the ball, either way he hit ball and your fat behind hit the dirt.

#4048 03/20/02 03:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not that I was being lazy or anything like that...just realized that we had lost the game and I thought I'd have some fun w/ it. Important point: there's a difference btwn physical soccer and pushing and shoving. There was pushing from both sides, as well as physical soccer. You guys played physical too...I was pushed and so were my teammates, so stop your whining; it's part of the game. So, don't say that I played like a "dick" b/c most contact I had that resulted in a call or card was accidental. I don't go on the field to hurt anybody, so why would I try to. Maybe once or twice I got frustrated and went in too w/ a grudge, but you got your calls for it.
As for your guy hitting me...that was a blatant foul and he totally missed the ball. Argue it all you'd like.
You guys won and congratulations to you for that. Arguing back and forth about the game won't change its outcome. Good game and I look forward to the next match.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard