Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
bench
bench
F
I agree. I shudder to think of what that kid will do as a senior.

D
bench
bench
D
Andrew Phillips from Northwestern should be mentioned in here.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Na...

W
goal
goal
W
Phillips not yet. Clint went to Heritage HS in Coyners Ga.

M
bench
bench
M
quote:
Originally posted by cabj12:
Actually Michael went to Vandy and Jeremiah went to Duke. After college Michael Pao went to Japan and played professional soccer for many years which proves how amazing he was at soccer.

Hi everyone. Cabj12, thanks for clarifying the above for everyone. Jeremiah and I were mistaken for each other throughout our entire lives post high school. I did indeed play professionally in Japan but also in Indonesia (Jakarta) and Holland. Wonderful international experience. In total- 6 years traveling and playing. I was just lucky.

Just wanted to say hello and that I think it is great that soccer is still a big part of SC life. I haven't been able to keep up with the talent, but I know that Hyslop and Pearce along with alot of other guys I grew up with are doing a great job continuing the tradition by growing solid SC soccer talent.

As for the names mentioned, it's an honor to be remembered up with some of the great ones I played with: the Suarez's, Coggins, Hunter Richardson and Jody Redmond, Andy Kwon, and many many others at RHS (Joe Fleming)... (Nobody mentioned any of the guys from TL Hanna, like Kevin Kinney and Chris Morehead). one name not mentioned is Martin Jeppesen. He was a Danish exchange student at RHS during my sophomore year at RHS. He was your typical, big-man European striker.. could post up beautifully, use his head, and lay off balls perfectly. He not only scored a ton of goals but assisted gracefully. Sure, it's not easy to remember such a flash-in-the-pan, but he was a great one.

You all take care.

C
Coach Emeritus
Coach Emeritus
C
Thank you Michael for remembering Kevin Kinley and Chris Moorhead from T L Hanna

A
kick off
kick off
A
joe kredich scored twice for Pinewood in the final. Needs a little shout-out.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
And the title of Best Forward in SC history goes to Michael Pao. Not only is he a great soccer player but he is a top notch poster. How can anyone deny him the title after such a classy post such as that showing humility and congratulating others?

Here is your crown Michael.

-

M
bench
bench
M
quote:
Originally posted by dreherheckler:
i may sound like an idiot here but did clint mathis go to high school here? i know he played at usc and if he went to high school instate i feel pretty sure he woulda put up some good numbers.

Mathis never played h.s. ball here, but there was a Clint Gwaltney. He played for St. Giles and had a year or two at Eastside along with Hunter Richardson..I believe. Not sure if he graduated there.. went on to UNC Chapel Hill where he kicked for the football team.. he was a lefty.. winger.. from what I remember. Quite a talented player as well.

Cheers.

B
goal
goal
B
quote:
Originally posted by ALLSTAR:
joe kredich scored twice for Pinewood in the final. Needs a little shout-out.

So Joe Kredich of Pinewood is among the greatest forwards in SC history! Impressive.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard