Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#40499 05/08/06 06:11 PM
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
What games did you see that you would consider the best of the season?

J
world cup
world cup
J
I was just about to steal this topic from the girl's forum!

I was lucky enough to make it out to a good many matches this year.

Irmo - NW
BL - DF
BL - NW
DF - Eastside
Chapin - NN
LE - WK
SV - Wando
NW - Daniel
BC - S. Anchorage
Irmo - Daniel
LE - Seneca
SV - RV
(i think that's it)

I have to say by far the best match..was Daniel vs Irmo. At first it seemed like Irmo would be too much for Daniel.. first 15-20 Irmo just pounded and pounded. Were down a goal in the first 3 minutes. Just didn't look good. But the Lions persevered and made a game out of it. Two distinct styles battling eachother toe to toe. Great individual talent and team play on BOTH sides. Great saves..great shots.. intensity..seven goals.. and of course.. bombardment in the last 3 minutes with the last second shot to tie just over the crossbar.

Distant 2nd would be SV - Wando.. then DF - Eastside in 3rd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about the riverside/greenville game, or the NW/FM game?

D
goal kick
goal kick
D
well ive only been to like two games that werent dreher games so these are all dreher games:
vs Northwestern--preseason game so it was sloppy but the pk finish was intense

vs Lexington--great comeback for dreher and another intense pk finish

both bc games--one last second finish and one pk finish...looking foward to another terrific and intense match wednesday with the lowerstate title and a chance to play for state on the line.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Friday night 1A girls games - AMHS versus Waccamaw

decided in the rain in the last minute of golden goal overtime on a header by a freshman

S
kick off
kick off
S
quote:
Originally posted by guardrail22:
Friday night 1A girls games - AMHS versus Waccamaw

decided in the rain in the last minute of golden goal overtime on a header by a freshman

That was a 1A/2A playoff game. The freshman who made the goal is Cierra Hoff. She is a great player who you will be hearing lots of good things about for the next few years. She is on my daughter's club team.... my daughter is a freshman on the BE girls varsity team. The game Tuesday night between BE and AMHS for lower state should be a great match up. Good luck to both teams! (Sorry - I know this is the boys site)

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Certainly the Greenville vs. Riverside and Daniel vs. Eastside games in the playoffs were among the top 5 games of the season. I mean they both lasted 110 minutes and go into pk's with both having high scores during regulation and overtime. Also their is a little 3A upperstate rivalry involved in all of them. And the Eastside vs. Dutch Fork game was very exciting also going into overtime with some great goals.

J
world cup
world cup
J
The Eastside midfield made that match special for me (EHS/DF)..the shots Rengifo took..were just SICK! And the fact that they lost..that's just soccer right there.. definitely the best pre-season match I saw.

hat-trick
hat-trick
My top matches:

Ben Lippen @ Cardinal Newman
Dreher @ BC
NW @ Lexington
Ben Lippen @ South Aiken
Spring Valley vs. Wando

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
quote:
Originally posted by L-E Dude:
The Eastside midfield made that match special for me (EHS/DF)..the shots Rengifo took..were just SICK! And the fact that they lost..that's just soccer right there.. definitely the best pre-season match I saw.

How did the midfield make it special for you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard