throw in
P
All Region Team

Rafael Abreu - Wilson Hall
David Allen - Cardinal Newman
Ryan Alpert - Heathwood
Kevin Chang - Ben Lippen
Michael Culbertson - Cardinal Newman
K.C. Dunbaker - Ben Lippen (SCISA Player of the Year Honorable Mention)
Bruce Greenburg - Hammond
Stiles Harper - Hammond
Brendan Kight - Wilson Hall (SCISA Player of the Year)
Justin Lambert - Ben Lippen
Lee Lynch - Wilson Hall
Josh Settle - Ben Lippen
Wes Troyer - Hammond
Matthew Winstead - Cardinal Newman
Jonathan Zurcher - Heathwood

These All Region players will compete against the Region I All Region Team in the North-South All Star Game @ Heathwood Hall on Sunday May 14th @ 3pm. These players will be joined by the following players who were seleceted as alternates for the game...
--------------------------------------------------
Daniel Baker - Hammond
Travis Tourville - Orangeburg Prep
Kyle Tyler - Ben Lippen
Stevens Walker - Heathwood
Thomas Winstead - Cardinal Newman

Congratualtions to all the players for representing their teams, their region and SCISA well.

[ May 09, 2006, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Kyle Heise ]

hat-trick
hat-trick
All the players mentioned are seniors other than Kevin Chang (Sophmore) David Allen (Junior) Jonathan Zurcher (junior) Stiles Harper (Sophmore) Raphael Abreu (not sure, exchange student) Ryan Alpert (junior) and Lee Lynch (junior)

Congrats to Brendan Kight on a job well done and a deserved player of the year. Congrats to all else who were named to the team as well.

P
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
P
sorry for the mistake it is spelled Brendan KIGHT.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Oh, and since there was a coach of the year last year (coach Dunbaker) and not one this year. I'll go ahead and state the obvious

Coach of the Year: Will Eudy - Cardinal Newman
In his first year, he posted an 8-2 region record despite 13ish seniors graduating from last years team. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Good luck on Wednesday coach Eudy, and in the future.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
BenP -- I'll second that nominee!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
BenP -- I'll second that nominee!

B
goal
goal
B
Benp, I too congratulate Coach Eudy on a great job this year. I was one who thought CN would be down, but he did a great job bringing a young team along and SCISA better look out for CN in the coming years. That being said, Wilson Hall's Tom O'Hare also would deserve consideration for that honor. 6 years ago when this years group of seniors joined the soccer program Wilson Hall did not win a single soccer game. The future looked bleak as it was very difficult even to compete with Wilson Hall's own state champion track and baseball programs for athletes, much less compete with the soccer powers in Columbia. Through sheer perserverance Coach O'Hare has overseen the growth of the program to a point where WH finished the season 15-4 and was a worthy opponent for any SCISA team. Though WH will be losing 5 dedicated seniors the program is in the best shape ever as many of WH's best young athletes are entering the program. Look for good things out of the Barons over the next few years. So as I see it there are 2 worthy candidates for coach of the year.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations, Will! Excellent performance by Cardinal Newman this season and the Cardinals have a lot of talent in the underclassmen ranks coming through the program.

Also, kudos to assistant coaches Benjie Poston and David Faulkenberry for their work this spring at CN.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Well, It is always nice to have a team nominate their own coach...ha, seriously, this year was exceptional for Wilson Hall, but its hard to even pick them to make the playoffs from here on out until a new BK arrives in Sumter. But if they do, it will be 4th seed behind CN BL and Hammond or Heathwood.

goal
goal
Wonder if Benp had any influence on Dunbaker being Honorable mention POY????

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard