Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
I have heard a rumor that this was an assessor from the USSF that walked out onto the field and told the referee team to get it together. Anyone else heard anything?

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Sorry, forgot to post this was the Wando game.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the incident during the game against Irmo last week, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. It looked like he was offering his eyeglasses to the trio of refs.

Brace
Brace
Good for him, we need more of this. Reffing did seem to slip a little this year from last. Playoffs should be the best we have to offer. The teams and players deserve that.

J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
By what I have heard you guys have had a bad refereeing year down there in SC. YOu need to institute a way to rate the referees. This is done up here by officials and coaches rating the officials. These ratings are averaged over 3 years, and then you get an idea of who is good, and who can have off games. The people with the highest scores and best overall ratings get to do the regional, sectional, supersectional and state games. Maybe the SCHSL should start a rating program like this....

I
goal kick
goal kick
I
Soccerboy, i wonder how true that can be? wando fans were heckling irmo fans because they thought it was an irmo parent, but i talked to a few irmo parents and no one could identify the man.. where did you hear that?

and where is 'up here'?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
They should be required to wear a shirt that identifies them as USSF.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
I agree that a rating system would be a good idea. However, i have a problem if this is true about a USSF assessor approaching a crew during a HS playoff game. First, it is giving the fans even more reason to believe that the crew is incapable of calling the match. Secondly, USSF does not govern high school so this guy would have been overstepping his role as a USSF assessor. Just what we need, more referees that think they are bigger than the game.

I was not at the game and only know what I have read.

O
bench
bench
O
The person that walked out on the field at halftime WAAYY overstepped his boundaries. He is an assessor (as is one of the Associate Referees for that match)...HOWEVER, he was not there as an official of that game, NOR was he there acting in any official capacity as an assessor (HS is not governed by USSF--plus he was not assigned to assess anyone at that match, therefore he had NO authority whatsoever) He misrepresented himself to the Mount Pleasant Police Department, and was subsequently ejected from the stadium.

Oh yeah, for you Wando folks, at least ONE of the referees WAS NOT an Irmo Grad [Big Grin]

hat-trick
hat-trick
hmm...I didn't know we had had a good refereeing year in the past. I can't remember ever not hearing about how bad the refs are. I guess you'll just have to wait untill i do high school...then you will all hate me too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard