Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
coach
OP Offline
coach
One thread makes it easier to read and follow all the Semifinal games.
Post and report Here:

C
kick off
kick off
C
Riverside, Daniel 0-0 at half

throw in
throw in
nw 1 mauldin 1 at the half

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Wando 1 SV 0 at half

goal
goal
Emerald and Wahalla any score yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BE- Waccamaw score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody heard anything about the BE-Waccmaw match?

throw in
throw in
northwestern defeats mauldin 2-1

from what i am told it was a very physical game, well played by mauldin. good luck to those mavericks who will be back next year.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Riverside 3, Daniel 1

B
bench
bench
B
B.C. 1
Dreher 1
10 minutes left in the second half

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Spring Valley 2
Wando 1

Final Score

NW vs Spring Valley Championship

S
bench
bench
S
Any details on the SV Wando game?

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Lincoln - Magnet?

I
bench
bench
I
Give me the 1 A finals when you know them, hope its a war!!!!!

irefsoc

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
For Spring Valley, Goalscorers were Paddy Flynn and Michael Bradbury

H
kick off
kick off
H
Wando and S.V. was a pretty even match. Play was equal through first half. Wando scored first on a good follow up to the goal, but i'm not sure who scored it (#18). Ball was in the box and came across the front of the goal, and the Wando play slid past the defender to hit it in.

In the second half Wando came out fired up and most of the possession for the first 5 or 10 minutes. However S.V. started battling back and eventually scored on a nice goal. # 13 took the ball up the left side and into the corner of the box. I thought he was gonna take the shot but instead played the ball in the air to teammate Michael Bradbury making a far post run who headed it in past the Wando keeper. Both teams played fairly evenly after that with a lot of play in the midfield. The second Spring Valley goal came off a nice play by Paddy Flinn with around 10 minutes to go. A Wando player went down near the right sideline and it seemed like some Wando players were looking for a foul instead of concentrating on the play. Ball came to Flinn in the midfeild who dribbled the ball across the top of the 18, beat a couple of Wando defenders with his speed, and sent a left footed shot past the keeper. After the second S.V. goal Wando began pushing up a lot and had a few chances including a strong header by Epplesheimer that probably would have been in if it hadn't been right at the g.k. However, Wando couldn't put anything in and the game ended with S.V. on top 2-1.

D
bench
bench
D
Walhalla 1 Emerald 0.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
BE - 5 Waccamaw - 1

Great game by BE adn Waccamaw

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Is this the final for Walhalla

goal kick
goal kick
BC DREHER??

D
bench
bench
D
That's the final for Walhalla. Emerald had two corners in the last 4 minutes, and many opportunities, but couldn't put the tieing goal in the net. Very good game for both teams.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Lincoln 3, AMHS 2

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
what about CCES, Dixie?

corner kick
corner kick
from what i've heard.....dreher over bc 4-2 in OT...that is just what i heard though.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
from Greenville News website

Christ Church rides shutout to state title game

By Mandrallius Robinson
STAFF WRITER
mrobinso@greenvillenews.com

Christ Church Episcopal School kept the ball at legs' length Wednesday night.

With patient ball-handling and tight-fisted defense, the Cavaliers controlled the ball, cruising to a 7-0 win over Dixie in the Class A Upper State championship game.

The Christ Church defenders lightened the workload, limiting the Hornets to a single shot-on-goal.

Six players scored for the Cavaliers. Sophomore forward Michael Brearley did his part, recording five assists.

goal kick
goal kick
ne more on bc and dreher

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
yes, 4-2 dreher over bc. wonderful game. looks like i'm the first one back so i'll give my input. game started out with dreher having a little more of the play. tried to possess the ball, but bc applied high pressure all over the field. bc played very direct as usual trying to knock balls into lee up top. dreher scored first on an own goal. unlucky play by the center back. 1-0 at the half. BC came out in the 2nd half ready to play. it looked like dreher was playing for the 1-0 win, which isn't always a bad idea. i think they even pulled carl into the back for a while. bc equalized when a ball (free kick or corner, can't remember for some reason) bounced around in the box and was struck beautifully by, i think, kevin ros. pretty much a full bicycle from about 12 out. hits the post and scott busbee in on the line to knock it in. with the tying game tied dreher started moving the ball forward and got another own goal. shot by carl i believe bounced off the keeper and back into a bc defender with about 10 left. with 45 seconds to go bc had a free kick from about 25 out. ball bounces around until it eventually lands at scotts field with his back to the goal about 8 out. turns sideways and puts the ball side netting for his second goal. in the ot dreher got a pretty goal off a ball carl took to the line and slid to the pk spot. after a clever dummy, benny finished the ball. they got another goal late when bc pushed some players up.

well played game by both teams. bc may not have the prettiest style of play, but its effective and they play it with a lot of heart and passion. dreher seemed like they wanted to settle the ball down and play to feet, but kinda got out of the mood. whether it was due to the high pressure of bc or something else, i dont know. i think dreher was the overall better team and has the better shot at beating riverside, but congrats to both teams on a well played game.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
sorry for the typos. hope you can still read it.

goal kick
goal kick
thanks sounded like a great game by both sides

Brace
Brace
BC v Dreher was a gut-wrenching affair where BC was their own worst enemy and at the same time manufactured 2 amazing goals off bicycle kicks. The first goal for Dreher was an own goal off of a cross at around 22 min mark of the first half. BC hung tough, re-grouped and scored off of a bike that hit the crossbar in the 2nd half with maybe 16:00 to go. Dreher then got another gift when a BC player's clearance bounced off a fellow player. But, with 1:00 left BC got another bike to pull even. In OT Dreher got a nice goal off of a cross that got dummied and then finished. Then the 4th goal off of a partially cleared low drive that was followed up. Hats off to BC for coming back from the dead twice. Good luck Dreher.

goal kick
goal kick
ahhh. i was wrong with the valley score but it looks like it was a pretty good game. can't wait to see the final with Northwestern.

way to go BC!!! score 4 goals only 2 of them were the wrong net. I don't think Dreher could've asked for a better game. They got it handed to them on a silver platter.

looks like the 4A and 3A final games aught to be great games. i can't wait to watch them.

J
world cup
world cup
J
My heart goes out to BC..what a tough loss!

Yes, BC had two own goals..but you can't take anything away from Dreher. It was a back and forth match..VERY exciting.. the crowds were outstanding.. just great HS soccer..and a shame someone had to lose.

goal kick
goal kick
Bishop England - 5
Waccamaw - 1

The Warriors ran into a Bishop England team that brought their “A” game tonight. The BE attack proved to be to much for the young Warrior team with their fast crossing runs and perfect passing. Although it was only 2-1 at the half, the WHS Keeper (Clayton Bezdek) kept the Warriors in the game with some outstanding saves. In the second half, the Warriors actually played better, but the BE attackers were able to capitalize on their opportunities and found the back of the net often. Great job by both teams, and we are looking forward to watching the continued development of the young Waccamaw team who surpassed everyones expectations. Good luck to the Bishops in the final, but if they play as well as they did tonight, they won’t need it.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Walhalla 1-0 over Emerald. It was a tale of two halves. Walhalla scored in the first half. Emerald missed two early sitters in the six box during the first half and that was the difference. Walhalla worked hard and finished one of the few chances they created. They played with the desire it takes to be an upperstate champion and they capitalized their opportunities. Congratulations, and Good Luck at State.

D
bench
bench
D
Any recap of the Riverside vs. Daniel game?

T
bench
bench
T
Kudos to Emerald for playing a well-fought match against Walhalla. It looked like you guys had them on their heels almost the entire second half.

Well-earned Razorbacks, and good luck at state against Bishop England.

N
kick off
kick off
N
Walhalla 1
Emerald 0

WHS Shots - 8
Emerald Shots - 4

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to Dreher on their Class 3A Lower State Championship!

Dreher has a great team and one that could finally deliver a state title to the Lower State. I wish the Blue Devils the best of luck, not only as region members, local kids, and rivals, but because their kids displayed great sportsmanship (as did our boys) in a high-spirited and hotly-contested match.

Even as a group of Dreher students ran onto the field after the match to taunt the Brookland-Cayce team, supporters, etc. several Dreher players (they know who they are) exhibited top class in telling their classmates to turn around and that there would be "none of that".

The B-C/Dreher games have been 'wars' the last four years with Dreher certainly holding the upper hand, but kudos to Coach Richard Rowell and his staff as well his players for showing good sportsmanship and discipline!

As for my boys, I could not be more proud of a group of guys that came in after our 2001 and 2002 Lower State Championship seasons only to have the "supposed upperclassmen" dismissed for not following team/program rules heading into their freshman season of 2003. These kids (10 of them) were then thrown to the fire as 14-year olds and eight of them had to start and live up to a decade-long reputation of top soccer at BCHS.

Quite simply as freshmen and sophomores, our kids battled but weren't ready to take on the type of schedule and expectations that were thrust upon them. However, the last two years, these guys have battled the best teams that we could possibly schedule and have ALWAYS left their best effort on the pitch. That was never more true than tonight before a great high school soccer crowd at Memorial Stadium! Our young men played with their hearts on their sleeves and left it on the field. The hurt that these young men feel tonight should subside in time and allow them to look back on their prep careers with pride and knowing that they gave everything that they had.

My kudos to Dreher! My players at B-C (especially my seniors that have brought the program back to where WE want it to be), and our tremendous Bearcat Soccer Family that showed up in great force tonight in Columbia! Let's get out and bring that same great energy and effort to our girls team at Stone Stadium on Friday at 5:00 p.m. as our B-C girls quest for the back-to-back state championships begins!

Senior Boys -- I could not be more proud of you for your effort, commitment, and passion for our program than what you left on the field tonight! Be proud of your senior season and the great run that you've made and the fact that you've put B-C Bearcat Soccer back where we want it -- playing the last week! [Smile]

Brace
Brace
In reference to Dreher/BC, I would contend that in no way, shape, or form was Brookland-Cayce its own enemy tonight. As an administrator I rarely post opinions, but those in attendance tonight (and it was an unmatchable crowd and atmosphere that you can really only understand if you were there) witnessed two teams who both refused to give-in. The own goals were exactly what I said on the sidelines -- unfortunate. This was one of the most 'leave it out on the field' performances I've witnessed in 17 years of high school soccer. Both teams are to be commended for their actions on the field .. and off. And kudos to Dreher players showing class by 'shooing off' some fans who were happy and fired-up heading for the B-C stands after the match. Don't think we didn't notice and appreciate that move, Blue Devils. Best of luck Saturday.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Amen Coach Easley!

J
world cup
world cup
J
One of the best HS sports atmospheres I've ever witnessed..up there with Wando/Irmo soccer ..Camden/Union football..Eastside/Lugoff-Elgin wrestling.

I'm so impressed..with both schools.

Not the prettiest soccer..but a beautiful game indeed.

R
throw in
throw in
R
I posted this on the other thread but wanted it seen here to:

I just wanted to take a moment before things get too crazy with the move and all to thank Coaches Heise, Hiller, Hornsby and Northrup (and I guess Coach Ready for a few years too) for making my time a Dreher and in Region 5 the best. Our friendships off the field are rivaled only by our competitiveness on the field. This has been a special time in the life of me and my family. Tonight's game was the culmination of a 5 year journey that couldn't have ended in a more bizarre, yet exciting way. The crowds for both teams were awesome and the players on the field battled hard but after the game were able to leave the game between the lines. That is what High School sports is all about. Congratulations to BC on an exceptional run dispite all the distractions heaped upon you this year.

To the coaches, thank you sincerely for everything.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Kevin and Dave:
I think your comments above are the kindest compliments you can give me and our program. I have always asked for the guys to be gracious in victory and defeat. With all the emotional swings in tonight's game and the fervor of the crowd, things could easily get "ugly" afterward. I did not want the crowd to rush the field but I understand why they did. I am grateful that the team had the sense to cool the situation. Honestly I think that is why they have had such a marvelous season...we are blessed with a group of level headed thinkers that can play some soccer.

I was touched that many of your players came to me long after the game was over and wished us well and as I said above...it seems that our teams understand the concept of leaving the game on the field.

Again, congratulations on a great run and thanks for the compliments on the boys. I am very proud of them and feel that my decision to stay this last season has been validated.

S
bench
bench
S
Hawksoccer21,

#18 for Wando is junior Brian Anderson-not bad for the backup goalkeeper(also U-17 State goalkeeper)!

coach
OP Offline
coach

hat-trick
hat-trick
While I'm not a coach, I'd like to also take a moment and give my compliments to my former teamates at BC. I've pulled for ya'll for the past 2 years, and I just thought I'd say that you made all the games I came out to fun to watch and exciting (many too much so). I wish those who are playing the best of luck in your future college careers, which I know will be outstanding as was your high school careers.

Not to be too terribly biased, I'll go ahead and wish Dreher the best (for the third time) in this topic, I'm pulling hard for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i left at half and CC was winning 4-0 over dixie, dont know the final though!!! anyone got it?

world cup
world cup

goal kick
goal kick
quote:
Originally posted by scskeeper:
i left at half and CC was winning 4-0 over dixie, dont know the final though!!! anyone got it?

go check the first page... final was 7-0. there was a decent but very short write up on the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ben Lippen 1 Porter Gaud 0

Ben Lippen could whip some of these bigger schools
eaisly

goal
goal
scdad Get Real!!

coach
OP Offline
coach
Now I understand why the boys can't spell.

goal
goal
Northwestern-2
Mauldin-1

Goals: Enzo Martinez, Mitchell Gullick
Assists: Ben Brannan, Ryan Kropp

Well played game by both squads. Very physical game, with 7 cards overall (6 yellows for MHS and 1 yellow for NHS). Mauldin played very well, with their goal coming off a well striked ball that sailed into the net because of a scramble in the box. Taylor Crawford held strong at the end with a lot of pressure. Made several great saves along with Mauldin's keeper playing a great game.

Great atmosphere, great teams, great game! Can't wait til Saturday! Well done to both squads! Mauldin played great, but just came up a tad bit short.

T
bench
bench
T
great job to all teams, especially Christ Church. 7-0! wow! i will be there all day to see most of all the games. can't wait to see all the action

G
bench
bench
G
Two quality teams and I'm glad to hear it was a even matched game. I do have a complaint that has nothing to do with semifinals. It is relation to ALLSTATE PLAYERS. For years I feel that the selection process is biased. I was an allstate highschool player for 2 years and even then I felt it was biased. My main complaint is that the leading goal scorer for 4-a was not on the team. Austin Savage scored 56 goals and 6 assist and was left off the team. This is poppy cock. Just being used as a comparison, but the 2 dorman kids stats combined are still far from what savage did. Actually if you take away ENZO and maybe 2 more no one in 4-A came close to his production. Hell, the kid plays on a team full of hardworking, big heart kids and produces game in and game out. If he played on a team such as wando, NW, SV, SUMM, Irmo, Dutch etc. with these stats there would be no hesitation in putting him on the team. I am just tired of all the politics in youth sports. Wando has 3 on the team and there coach, the only rep. from the lowcountry was not even there. It is BS to say the least. For everyone who is overlooked but full of talent I commend you and keep up the good work. For those of you who receive undeserving achievements take them now 'cause when or if you play in college you have to earn them. Enough of my rant, Good Luck to all teams still playing!

P
kick off
kick off
P
Glory, Glory--- I agree with your view. Also, include the Greenville keeper with only 2 goals scored on him all year. If that is correct? NOW all you great humble folks out there, tear Glory apart, that's what many of you are great at! WRONG thread, WRONG team, WRONG region, WRONG coach, WRONG daddy, READY SET GO.................

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard