Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
bench
bench
D
That's the final for Walhalla. Emerald had two corners in the last 4 minutes, and many opportunities, but couldn't put the tieing goal in the net. Very good game for both teams.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Lincoln 3, AMHS 2

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
what about CCES, Dixie?

corner kick
corner kick
from what i've heard.....dreher over bc 4-2 in OT...that is just what i heard though.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
from Greenville News website

Christ Church rides shutout to state title game

By Mandrallius Robinson
STAFF WRITER
mrobinso@greenvillenews.com

Christ Church Episcopal School kept the ball at legs' length Wednesday night.

With patient ball-handling and tight-fisted defense, the Cavaliers controlled the ball, cruising to a 7-0 win over Dixie in the Class A Upper State championship game.

The Christ Church defenders lightened the workload, limiting the Hornets to a single shot-on-goal.

Six players scored for the Cavaliers. Sophomore forward Michael Brearley did his part, recording five assists.

goal kick
goal kick
ne more on bc and dreher

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
yes, 4-2 dreher over bc. wonderful game. looks like i'm the first one back so i'll give my input. game started out with dreher having a little more of the play. tried to possess the ball, but bc applied high pressure all over the field. bc played very direct as usual trying to knock balls into lee up top. dreher scored first on an own goal. unlucky play by the center back. 1-0 at the half. BC came out in the 2nd half ready to play. it looked like dreher was playing for the 1-0 win, which isn't always a bad idea. i think they even pulled carl into the back for a while. bc equalized when a ball (free kick or corner, can't remember for some reason) bounced around in the box and was struck beautifully by, i think, kevin ros. pretty much a full bicycle from about 12 out. hits the post and scott busbee in on the line to knock it in. with the tying game tied dreher started moving the ball forward and got another own goal. shot by carl i believe bounced off the keeper and back into a bc defender with about 10 left. with 45 seconds to go bc had a free kick from about 25 out. ball bounces around until it eventually lands at scotts field with his back to the goal about 8 out. turns sideways and puts the ball side netting for his second goal. in the ot dreher got a pretty goal off a ball carl took to the line and slid to the pk spot. after a clever dummy, benny finished the ball. they got another goal late when bc pushed some players up.

well played game by both teams. bc may not have the prettiest style of play, but its effective and they play it with a lot of heart and passion. dreher seemed like they wanted to settle the ball down and play to feet, but kinda got out of the mood. whether it was due to the high pressure of bc or something else, i dont know. i think dreher was the overall better team and has the better shot at beating riverside, but congrats to both teams on a well played game.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
sorry for the typos. hope you can still read it.

goal kick
goal kick
thanks sounded like a great game by both sides

Brace
Brace
BC v Dreher was a gut-wrenching affair where BC was their own worst enemy and at the same time manufactured 2 amazing goals off bicycle kicks. The first goal for Dreher was an own goal off of a cross at around 22 min mark of the first half. BC hung tough, re-grouped and scored off of a bike that hit the crossbar in the 2nd half with maybe 16:00 to go. Dreher then got another gift when a BC player's clearance bounced off a fellow player. But, with 1:00 left BC got another bike to pull even. In OT Dreher got a nice goal off of a cross that got dummied and then finished. Then the 4th goal off of a partially cleared low drive that was followed up. Hats off to BC for coming back from the dead twice. Good luck Dreher.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard