Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#40781 05/11/06 02:33 AM
D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
In yet another bc-dreher rivalry the blue devils pull out the win in ot 4-2. way to go blue. one more baby. first two goals were own goals. first one off les sonefield (sp?) which was just tough. the second i dont remember who it was off but dreher was more responsible for it. cant remember goal scorers for bc. benny smith with the winning goal and added the nail in ot. i wanna say thank you bc for another great match. as much as i dont like you i love watching you guys play. it will be a shame to see this rivarly go away with dreher moving to the upstate. most exciting game of the year. props to edward smith for dreher who had the game of his life and george rushe who played terrific. and andrew evans now that your high school career is over your my boy, go cocks next year. you are an outstanding player.

the officiating in this game was the worst ive ever seen. so far in the playoffs weve had pretty solid refs but tonight was just a disgrace. i mean the goal taken away alright maybe it was out the side judge i guess had a better angle but fouls were consistenty not called on bc. and bc was running their mouth whining the whole night ref just took it like a girl. issue a card. another thing, if im not mistaken if play is stopped for an injury the player should have to leave the field which did not happen. also after both of bcs goals the bc bench rushed the field, shoulda have been a card on their side both times. it is really sad to have such poor officiating in the lowerstate final. this crew should not get a check. it was the same center ref that reffed the girls dreher-chapin game in which he was inconsistent but tonight was just a whole new level. i dont wanna call foul play but tonight looked like it could of been. this crew especially the center ref should not be allowed to officiate any playoff game again.

Also BC learn some class. that goes for the players, coaches, and fans. to the heises youve done great for south carolina youth soccer and kevin is a great coach who consistently puts together a strong program but teach your players and fans class. and common sense for that matter. i mean how are bc fans bout to be blowing their airhorn and talkin sh** in the parking lot. you just lost. there is no excuse for a bc student to open my car door after all i said was have a good ride home. these are kids that obviously have nothing better to do that start a fight or go home and play with themselves. grow up and get a life. and i will respond to the obvious criticism of our fans by apologizing for them crossing the fence and rushing the field early. i waited and was telling people hold up. in yet another testament to the weakness of this officiating squad, the field shoulda been cleared and play finished.

goal kick
goal kick
actually, i'd say way to go bc....with out those own goals, bc goes to the state final, dreher goes home. riverside will finish dreher early if they can't finish in regulation on saturday

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
without those own goals the entire game is changed. that hypothetical is foolish. just as if the ball doesnt go two more inches over the line (i believe benny saved it anyway) on carls goal it would have been 2-0, a deficit bc would be very unlikely to come back from. i will agree this game should have been done in regulation though. great job by bc to keep attacking and get the two equalizers.

goal kick
goal kick
all i was making a point of is that dreher didn't score a goal in regulation, and im sure the two goals in overtime were hard earned. from what i hear it was a great game. im not trying to take away from either team. i was just hating on BC and dreher one b/c they scored two own goals and the other because they failed to4score in regulation. if the final had been 3-2 in regulation with dreher scoring atleast one goal in regulation none of this heckling would be going on at al

333 Offline
bench
bench
GO DREHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
bench
bench
D
A great job by the devils. Although it was tough to see BC lose I must say that Dreher earned the win and Coach Rowell deserves this opportunity. I think Dreher will represent the Lower State very well against Riverside on Saturday.

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
I don't think that the own goals should be considered gifts....the first came from a cross that could have very well gone in anyways(les was clearing it off the line after all)...the second even more so...coming off a shot by carl that deflected off two defenders and caught the keeper in a bad position...Both of BC's goal I have to say were amazing though...really good finishing

D
bench
bench
D
Both of the own goals by BC would most likely have been put in if the defender did not touch. Both times the angle was extremly tough

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
good game by both teams. i agree that the game was poorly officiated, but it was not onsided by any means. i watched the game from unbiased point of view and there were many times where i thought the game got out of hand. i do agree that korea should have given out a card for dissent earlier. he let bc run their mouth for most of the game. you can't forget the phantom throw-in call in ot. the ball goes out on a questionable call. neither the linesman or center ref make a signal. both players reach for the ball, the dreher players ends up with it and throws it in to carl who sets up a goal within 4 touches. i know that the center ref doesn't need to blow his whistle everytime a ball goes out, but he needs to make some kind of motion in order to direct the teams. i haven't been impressed with korea at all this year. not a very good referee in my opinion. shouldn't have been given this game.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Ok. I saw the last 20 minutes of regulation, and the overtime periods, and I must say, the own goal was not going to be touched by a Dreher player had it not been cleared like it was. The BC player attempted to play it out to the side, and another player was just in the way, the Dreher player was a few yards behind, and wouldn't have had a chance. That being said, I didn't see the first one, and I can't comment on it. BC earned both their goals, and its a shame that Dreher didn't earn theirs in regulation. That being said, overtime was Dreher's to take being lucky to be there, and they did a good job finishing their opportunities. I wish Dreher luck, and I have no doubt that no matter who had won tonight, they would go on to win state, and since Dreher is there, I'll call them by 2.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard