Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
bench
bench
B
Dreherheckler, what an idiot, why in the world would you say anything to BC supporters after the game in the parking lot? sounds like you were trying to start s#$t with us. As far as air horns, I beleive any kind of noise makers are not permitted in the playoffs. your guy on your side sure was beatin his drum all game. Also, it was nice to have your young punk greeting committee meet us at the gate to get out heckling at us, lots of class there. therewas a lot of emotion at this game you should have kept it on your side. your players and fans running to our side of the field to celebrate, lots of class there. what about the group of morons that stood behind our goalkeeper in the first overtime. i beleive if a player gets hurt, if the coach or trainer comes out to treat the player, then he has to sub. yu should read up more on your rules. i don't think you eally know what your talking about most of the time from what I've read. why would you apologize for what your fans did, do you not support them? talk about a big goober.

B
goal
goal
B
I, likewise commend LE Dude and Benp for their contributions to this site. Your love of soccer is very evident...Also, I think the young lady,Ms Nelson has done a very good job at THe State in their coverage of HS soccer. Again, thanks to all,including the Heise's, for all they do to promote soccer in SC.

goal
goal
dreherheckler sounds like a sore winner beotch to me! From all accounts on this board, the people who count(the players on the field) showed total class in a classic match that not only pitted long time rivals, but region rivals in a lower state championship match! Congratulations to a great group of kids who left everything on the field, not letting emotions overcome the desire to be great athletes and even more important, great sportsmen! It is always good to hear that in todays world of spoiled, over-payed athletes that two great teams can step on the field and battle without the smudges of cheap shots, trash talk and fights being used as a counter to great play. Congrats to the B-C team that has shown once again that they will take on any and all, they will play with the best, not shying away and not giving in. Those boys don't know the meaning of quit, and sure as hell have never heard of "can't", they will go far in life! Also, congrats to Dreher on a fine season, another group of kids that refuse to go down, Good luck to you guys on Saturday!

S
goal
goal
S
It really amazes me how fans can see two totally different sides in soccer games. Dreher won a hard fought game. Nothing really matters but the final score now. The officiating during the game was very poor. The center ref did not control the game. He is very lucky that the players controlled themselves.

Observation #1 - is it the coaches responsibility to control his fans? Outside the staduim? I thought some of the fans were excessive but there was no foul language which surprised me. What is the rule regarding noise makers? Why would that be any different than professional games? Shouldn't the school have faculty representative monitor the fans (especially at playoff games) rather than coaches who are trying to coach!

Observation #2 - to say that the own goals could have possibly gone in on their own is rediculous! The cross on the first goal was kicked parrallel to the goal with no dreher players on the back post. Unless the laws of geometry have changed there is no way that goal would have gone in.

Observation #3 - the officiating was terrible for a playoff game. The high school association must get their act together. A review process for officials should be in place. Refs should be awarded playoff games based on past performance.

Observation #4 - I was not overly impressed by the talent on the field. In the first half BC looked tired. This could not have been one of Andrew Evans best games. I saw him walking numerous times as well as other players. I know they must pace themselves but not during goal scoring opportunities. I felt BC did not take the ball to the goal enough maybe their attack is a more deliberate style. They scored on throw ins to the box. Both teams had some exceptional throw ins. Dreher needs to find an offense. The Dreher goals appeared to be more a lack of defense than offensive prowess. I felt #21 for Dreher played a great defensive game. His height and length was a huge asset for Dreher.

Observation #5 - I thought the rule governing injuries and removal of players was if the coach came on the field, not a stoppage of play as previously mentioned. The coaches did not come on the field for the BC injury. Please let me know.

The atmosphere was very good for this areas high school soccer. Why can't we get that type of fan response for all games. It is a shame to watch some very good soccer with small to non-existent crowds (especially student bodies).

V
bench
bench
V
Look, having played for Dreher and BC in the a few years ago, I know how tough they are to play. Dreherheckler sounds like his observations are right on the money. I have nothing but respect for the Heises but sometimes their fans can get out of hand after the games. I just wanted to say congratulations to all my boys at Dreher and also to all the players from BC. Good luck boys.

goal
goal
Good observations, and the thought on the players controlling themselves, that showed great passion and respect for the game. One more observation is something that was mentioned by some one else on the board....the Dreher players turning their fans away when the fans attempted to try and cross the field to taunt the B-C sidelines/stands.

goal
goal
I must say if you were not there you missed an absolutely unbelievable bizarre game!!! I must say the guys on the field played a well fought clean game. First, Dreher congratulations on a great season that is not finished!! The players on the field played a well fought game and showed a lot of respect after their victory!!! You are the hottest team in the state and you deserve that State Championship!!! BC, from what I've heard has overcome many obstacles in the season that any other team could have folded the tent and called a year!!! Congratulations for making it this far when no one except yourselves gave you a chance in $#$% to make it past the first round!!! I just want to point out a couple of players!! Andrew Evans is an absolutely wonderful player who deserves a lot of respect which Dreher showed him. If you were not at the game everytime he touched the ball at least three defenders were on him. I wish him the best of luck and sucess at USC this fall. Kevin Ros is the best defender I have seen in South Carolina period!!! You college coaches that missed out on him should be ashamed yourselves and feel disgraced. Best of luck to him at USC Upstate this fall. Carl Anderson, McClam, Thunnell, Smith, and George Rushe best of luck and sucess where you are playing this fall. You showed a lot of class last night and I respect that. And Jesus Christ who was in the centermid for Dreher, good job. The 12 Disciples you played good too coming off the bench. One last thing, THIS IS A RIVALRY GAME FOR THE LOWER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! EMOTIONS ARE GOING TO BE HIGH YOU IDOIT(DREHERHECKLER)!!!

Goal
Goal
Anyone seen Angels in the Outfield with Tony Danza and Danny Glover?

That's kinda how Dreher's season is going. I need to go to the church they go to. I bet they charm snakes or sacrifice goats or something.

S
bench
bench
S
People need to ignore dreherheckler idiot and quit giving him the attention he desperately wants but doesn't deserve. This was a great game played by 2 passionate teams. The players played a hard, aggressive but RESPECTFUL game - no cheap fouls, no cheap shots. The officiating was horrible both ways, but BC may have gotten the worst of it. But that didn't cost them the game. Most championship teams will admit it takes a little luck to win as well. With 2 teams as evenly matched as BC and Dreher, sometimes it does come down to luck. Dreher had BC's number this year and luck was a factor. That takes nothing away from Dreher and their incredible team and talent. BC had HORRIBLE luck and still almost overcame it.

As far as idiot's complaining about trash talking from BC players and fans, look in the mirror - it happens EVERYWHERE!! Some places may have more than others, but you find it everywhere. Fans hear and see what they want to hear and see. No one can hear and see it all. I know coaches in several sports at Dreher, BC, and several other schools around the state - there are always a few athletes and fans that run their mouth or get a bad reputation. That does not take away from the rest of the athletes that are playing hard. I'm done wasting my time on that wingnut dreherheckler.

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
ok in my first post i gave bc credit for a great game. i said i love watching them play. ill take back what i said about the players and coaches. i thought the celebrations were a little excessive. but both teams showed class at the finish. i stand by my statement on the fans. those kids were trying to start a fight. and apparently a dreher students car was broken into. but lets drop this and look foward to a great title game.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard