Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
A quote from Dreher coach Richard Rowell in The State Newspaper, concerning the 2 own-goals by BC in the Dreher/BC game: "It's a total fluke that it happened to them twice... but it's also a credit to the pressure our guys were able to put on them to force them into making those mistakes." My sentiments exactly!! Great game by both teams but kudos to Dreher for coming back in OT, when BC had all the momentum going for them, and scoring 2 goals in 20 minutes.

The harder I work , the luckier I get.

Go Dreher!!!!! Good "luck" in the finals!!

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by dreherheckler:
ok in my first post i gave bc credit for a great game. i said i love watching them play. ill take back what i said about the players and coaches. i thought the celebrations were a little excessive. but both teams showed class at the finish. i stand by my statement on the fans. those kids were trying to start a fight. and apparently a dreher students car was broken into. but lets drop this and look foward to a great title game.

celebrations were excessive? Did you score off a bicycle after putting one in your own net? Did you score off a turn around volley with 30 seconds left to tie it up after putting a second into your own net? No actually you didn't because you don't coach or play so you have no right to be here or comment on the celebrations.

J
world cup
world cup
J
If you think those celebrations were excessive..then you're watching the wrong sport buddy. This isn't golf man..this is soccer..this is futbol. It's excessive when players are taunting..or fans are burning down the town. Jumping around and just going nuts isn't excessive.. get over it.

Dreherguy- You need to make up your mind..whether you're going to try to be a voice for your school..or just be a heckler/hooligan. Nobody cares about your altercation outside the game..or who told you to leave..or what someone said to you..or what you said to a player.

Try a little perspective..think about that next time you post about a match.

I'm all for spirited support of your team..diehard fans..etc.. I really do envy the support Dreher (and BC) had last night..it's GREAT! ..but don't mess it up with all this extra BS.

Now that I'm done with the lecture..i'm hoping to make it out for at least some of the 3A match..and i'll be pulling for Dreher all the way! I want to see a crowd twice as big this time.. the entire Midlands should get behind these guys ..it's about damn time the Lowerstate brought one home!

R
throw in
throw in
R
Jack,
If you wear the tie and slacks again, maybe you can get credentialed into the match on Saturday.

Nice job last night and thanks for your passion about soccer.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I just may..but it feels so wrong wearing that get-up at a soccer match!

F
throw in
throw in
F
dreherheckler, your comments about our fans encouraged me to register on this website so I could reply. Like others have pointed out, this is a heated rivalry and Dreher has had the best of it for a couple of years. I'll agree that some of our fans probably did not represent our school in a manner we would like after the game. What I haven't heard anyone mention was what happened before the game.

Someone pointed out to the Dreher guy with a drum that he was banging away during the National Anthem and should stop. Apparently he and/or some other Dreher fans (I assume students)took issue with it and started mouthing off (which could have led to something). I also want to point out the students in the stands chanting "River Rats" and "Trailer Trash" toward our fans and team. I didn't hear our students chanting "Lint Heads"....

The point is, you can find classless fans at any school, so to pick out some that happens to be a big rival, is crazy. The atmosphere was electric that night and Dreher was fortuate to win, like the other two games. That's not to say that Dreher wasn't the best team on the field, because they were. Despite all the bizarre stuff that happened in regulation, Dreher won the OT outright and should win on Saturday.

I have been pleased with the respect the BC coaches and players have been receiving from others, and the most part, you too dreherheckler. They didn't come from an area rich with soccer facilities like other areas. Coach Heise and his coaches have done a remarkable job of building a soccer tradition out of nothing. Now if we can get the referees to stop holding grudges........

world cup
world cup
BCSD,

I think you registered for two reasons:
1. dreherheckler
2. take a shot at the refs

anyway.....welcome to the club!!!!

D
bench
bench
D
Both teams have fans that do questionable tasks. That is part of high school sports. BC played a great game and had a great season, Dreher came out on top and will hopefully finish out the season on top. I apologize for the drum during the national anthem, I did not realize the national anthem was being played, a BC fan pushed me over and made me very aware of it though (which was not necessary, but those things happen). The accusations about classless fans is getting a little ridiculous and excessive considering that it goes both ways.

G
bench
bench
G
dreherheckler....what were you thinking when you taunted a group a emotional teenagers after the game......kind of smart a$$ comment to make for an adult...wouldn't you think. And the reference you make to a car being broken into...well that was just stupid. Have you noticed the neighborhood the stadium is in....you know the Rosewood/Shandon neighborhoods that feed into Dreher.

I'm not sure who you are but how dare you seat in judgment of our players and fans. There is nothing on your side of the river that we are interested in!!!

Oh and a little not to 2004striker....you never did find that greenier grass...did you!

world cup
world cup
The South Carolina High School League prohibits the use of all artificial noisemakers. You won't be able to bang on that drum in Stone Stadium.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard