Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
coach
coach
When he was but a boy of 15 (probably younger than dreherheckler), George Washington wrote the rules of Civility. Number 22d should have been employed on Wed. evening -
(22d) Shew not yourself glad (excessive celebration) at the Misfortune of another(BC own goal)though he were your enemy.
and
23d When you see a Crime punished (George means an own goal), you may be inwardly Pleased; but always shew Pity to the Suffering Offender(of the own goal)

These rules need to become a unison chant of all soccer fans(young and old) before every game on Sat. They will replace the airhorns and the 'hecklers' and the insults -
http://www.history.org/Almanack/life/manners/rules2.cfm

coach
coach
Now, lets say them all together............

333 Offline
bench
bench
im so happy benny scored the wo overtime goals! he is awesome!!!

333 Offline
bench
bench
two*

S
bench
bench
S
so all of the post-game whining and crying by a wecertain team's fans have "encouraged me to register on this website so I could reply."

from what i have heard...the "dreher guy with a drum" (a good friend of mine) was not aware that the national anthem had been playing, no one waiting in line for a ticket was. what you don't know is that a BC fan was waiting, more like hiding, behind the "dreher guy with a drum"'s car to pick a fight after yall LOST....and you wanna talk about class?

and no. if BC hadn't scored those own goals the outcome would not have been any different. sorry.
and yes. that ball was in. and you know which one im talkin about.

let me leave on a positive note. both teams played hard.kudos to the BC players and coaches for a hard fought game. i know yall gave it your all so well done. great season, really.

and as for dreher...we got one more game! how bout them blue devils indeed.

coach
coach
How bout George Washington!

coach
coach
I will be outside Stone on Sat, handing out copies of George's Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation.

D
kick off
kick off
D
BCSOCCERDAD: "I also want to point out the students in the stands chanting "River Rats" and "Trailer Trash" toward our fans and team. I didn't hear our students chanting "Lint Heads".... "

oh then... so i guess you missed the whole...
"Dreher is Garbage" which got the Dreher fans chanting in retaliation

F
throw in
throw in
F
Thanks Hurst 66. You're right about the referees.

I'm not going to claim I'm the most knowledgeable dad out there but the refereeing is really bad. I believe the coaches need to get together and demand the SCYSA improve the quality of the referees. I know it's a thankless job but some of the calls I have seen this year have been ludicris. Some defy common sense.

I disagree with the Dreher coach when he said "but it's also a credit to the pressure our guys were able to put on them to force them into making those mistakes." The pressure was playing for the Lower State Championship in front of a huge crowd, which I'm sure both teams aren't used to. The Dreher players, in the most part, were not near either goals. However, I don't expect him to say "Hey, we were lucky to win".

This year, Dreher is getting all the right breaks, bounces, and calls. It's not their fault and nothing should be taken away from their accomplishments and hard work. Good luck to them on Saturday.

F
throw in
throw in
F
So it's okay to respond? If that's the case(which I agree it is), quit complaining about us having no class. Rivalries should be fun, as long as no one gets hurt. The Dreher players showed class at the end. All I'm saying is quit throwing rocks in glass houses.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard