22 Offline
throw in
throw in
what exactly is a lint head...

F
throw in
throw in
F
To clarify my last statement, I wasn't refering to the refs from last night in particuler, just taking a shot at the refs in general. I actually was joking to try to lighten the mood. Forgive me for defending my alma mater when attacked.

I also wasn't taking a shot at the Dreher coach and was glad to see him being so gracious to our coaches afterwards and humble (to an extent) in the paper. Once again, Dreher was the better team but BC gave them all they wanted this year.

Once again, best wishes on Saturday. I'm done on this subject.

Goal
Goal
I believe a "lint head" is a reference to the folks that used to work in the mills and lived in mill villages, such as the Olympia Mill, Columbia Duck Mill, and Whaley's Mill in the downtown Columbia area. Many of these areas now attend Dreher, me thinks.

J
world cup
world cup
J
ANNNNYWAY.. something equally as pointless..

Looks like Riverside is trying to get some of that late 80s early 90s magic back with these horrible jerseys..

-

Not a fan. The jerseys are worth at least six goals for Dreher.

D
bench
bench
D
BCsoccerdad... great originality on using the term "lint head" to describe my school. "river rats" or "traylor trash" are only used because they rhyme with "bear cats" any team who has a name that rhymes with an unpleasant name is BOUND to get called that. However, i believe it was out of the question for you to stoop so low as to want someone to call dreher "lint heads"

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
im not sure "traylor (well put. kind of ironic. don't want to be called a lint head, yet you can't spell) trash" and bear cats rhyme. may be one of those slide rhymes they teach you at dreher.

S
bench
bench
S
quote:
Originally posted by soccernewby:
smack is an idiot - you have no idea whether the outcome would've been the same. I say the entire complexion of the game would've been different. BC spent most of the game, and all of their energy, coming back twice to tie the game. Had they not been behind, things may have been totally different. To discount that is idiotic. And to take the behavior of one or two BC fans in the parking lot after the game is moronic. I GUARANTEE if BC won the game that one or two Dreher fans would've acted the same way. There is an idiot (or 2) in every crowd. So where's your partner??

well said, nicely done...you speak so eloquently. well you are entitled to your opinion, as am i. and i say you too are an idiot - you have no idea that the entire complexion of the game would've been different. you can spend all the time you want comming up with the possible scenarios (you can look that word up if you want) but i GUARANTEE the result of the game isnt going to change. sorry. and you can likewise spend all your time trying to argue with me but that would just be petty and idiotic. im over it. as far as the parking lot situation was concerned, i was just trying to make clear what happened and was unaware that my "partner" had already apologized for what happened. moron. both teams played an awesome game. lets leave it at that.

oh and by the way...Dreher plays Riverside saturady at 4:30. but you already knew that. gah you are just so smart.

D
bench
bench
D
ive seen bc shirts with river rats on the back...kinda seems like they adopted that nickname...so uh any bc fan wanna comment on that?

Goal
Goal
wow who cares? goodluck in 2 days.

don't be a douche your entire life or you'll be a very sad person.

Brace
Brace
The nicknames are much older than most folks who post on this board. Lint Heads originally referred to attendees of Olympia High School, if I recall correctly, and the reference above to the mill workers is correct. At that time, most all the Columbia area high school students used these or similar 'non-flattering' nicknames when referring to their rival schools ... just ask anyone in their 60's or 70's who went to school then. People would move from one school to another and would often be initiated or re-initiated. School rivalries often times got out of hands then, too. So the terms used here (River Rats and Lint Heads) have been around for years. When someone says to me that I'm a River Rat, and since I'm proud of my association with B-C, I don't shirk it or take it as seriously as some on the message board have. I often use the phrase 'Proud to be a River Rat' when referring to my own school and its legacy becauses I do indeed embrace the history of my school. Both schools have a lot of history, a hard-working core of people with a 'blue collar' mentality, and both should be proud of their accomplishments and achievements - academically and athletically.

But we are straying from the fact that this was a tremendous match, tremendous atmosphere, and a lot of class shown by the overwhelming majority of people in attendance -- especially the players, many of whom played club ball with each other for years. I think moving on would be the best thing for this topic. Good Luck Dreher, we wish you the best of luck tomorrow, and know you will represent the Lower State and Columbia area with a great deal of pride. And good luck to the B-C girls tonight -- Go River Rats!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard