Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#40781 05/11/06 02:33 AM
D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
In yet another bc-dreher rivalry the blue devils pull out the win in ot 4-2. way to go blue. one more baby. first two goals were own goals. first one off les sonefield (sp?) which was just tough. the second i dont remember who it was off but dreher was more responsible for it. cant remember goal scorers for bc. benny smith with the winning goal and added the nail in ot. i wanna say thank you bc for another great match. as much as i dont like you i love watching you guys play. it will be a shame to see this rivarly go away with dreher moving to the upstate. most exciting game of the year. props to edward smith for dreher who had the game of his life and george rushe who played terrific. and andrew evans now that your high school career is over your my boy, go cocks next year. you are an outstanding player.

the officiating in this game was the worst ive ever seen. so far in the playoffs weve had pretty solid refs but tonight was just a disgrace. i mean the goal taken away alright maybe it was out the side judge i guess had a better angle but fouls were consistenty not called on bc. and bc was running their mouth whining the whole night ref just took it like a girl. issue a card. another thing, if im not mistaken if play is stopped for an injury the player should have to leave the field which did not happen. also after both of bcs goals the bc bench rushed the field, shoulda have been a card on their side both times. it is really sad to have such poor officiating in the lowerstate final. this crew should not get a check. it was the same center ref that reffed the girls dreher-chapin game in which he was inconsistent but tonight was just a whole new level. i dont wanna call foul play but tonight looked like it could of been. this crew especially the center ref should not be allowed to officiate any playoff game again.

Also BC learn some class. that goes for the players, coaches, and fans. to the heises youve done great for south carolina youth soccer and kevin is a great coach who consistently puts together a strong program but teach your players and fans class. and common sense for that matter. i mean how are bc fans bout to be blowing their airhorn and talkin sh** in the parking lot. you just lost. there is no excuse for a bc student to open my car door after all i said was have a good ride home. these are kids that obviously have nothing better to do that start a fight or go home and play with themselves. grow up and get a life. and i will respond to the obvious criticism of our fans by apologizing for them crossing the fence and rushing the field early. i waited and was telling people hold up. in yet another testament to the weakness of this officiating squad, the field shoulda been cleared and play finished.

goal kick
goal kick
actually, i'd say way to go bc....with out those own goals, bc goes to the state final, dreher goes home. riverside will finish dreher early if they can't finish in regulation on saturday

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
without those own goals the entire game is changed. that hypothetical is foolish. just as if the ball doesnt go two more inches over the line (i believe benny saved it anyway) on carls goal it would have been 2-0, a deficit bc would be very unlikely to come back from. i will agree this game should have been done in regulation though. great job by bc to keep attacking and get the two equalizers.

goal kick
goal kick
all i was making a point of is that dreher didn't score a goal in regulation, and im sure the two goals in overtime were hard earned. from what i hear it was a great game. im not trying to take away from either team. i was just hating on BC and dreher one b/c they scored two own goals and the other because they failed to4score in regulation. if the final had been 3-2 in regulation with dreher scoring atleast one goal in regulation none of this heckling would be going on at al

333 Offline
bench
bench
GO DREHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
bench
bench
D
A great job by the devils. Although it was tough to see BC lose I must say that Dreher earned the win and Coach Rowell deserves this opportunity. I think Dreher will represent the Lower State very well against Riverside on Saturday.

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
I don't think that the own goals should be considered gifts....the first came from a cross that could have very well gone in anyways(les was clearing it off the line after all)...the second even more so...coming off a shot by carl that deflected off two defenders and caught the keeper in a bad position...Both of BC's goal I have to say were amazing though...really good finishing

D
bench
bench
D
Both of the own goals by BC would most likely have been put in if the defender did not touch. Both times the angle was extremly tough

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
good game by both teams. i agree that the game was poorly officiated, but it was not onsided by any means. i watched the game from unbiased point of view and there were many times where i thought the game got out of hand. i do agree that korea should have given out a card for dissent earlier. he let bc run their mouth for most of the game. you can't forget the phantom throw-in call in ot. the ball goes out on a questionable call. neither the linesman or center ref make a signal. both players reach for the ball, the dreher players ends up with it and throws it in to carl who sets up a goal within 4 touches. i know that the center ref doesn't need to blow his whistle everytime a ball goes out, but he needs to make some kind of motion in order to direct the teams. i haven't been impressed with korea at all this year. not a very good referee in my opinion. shouldn't have been given this game.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Ok. I saw the last 20 minutes of regulation, and the overtime periods, and I must say, the own goal was not going to be touched by a Dreher player had it not been cleared like it was. The BC player attempted to play it out to the side, and another player was just in the way, the Dreher player was a few yards behind, and wouldn't have had a chance. That being said, I didn't see the first one, and I can't comment on it. BC earned both their goals, and its a shame that Dreher didn't earn theirs in regulation. That being said, overtime was Dreher's to take being lucky to be there, and they did a good job finishing their opportunities. I wish Dreher luck, and I have no doubt that no matter who had won tonight, they would go on to win state, and since Dreher is there, I'll call them by 2.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
just wanted to add one more thing. props to scott busbee. scored both goals for bc tonight. he may not be the most skilled player, but he plays hard all the time. really scrappy and is tough to handle especially in free kick situations. always seems to be at the right place at the right time. good job man and good luck next year.

J
world cup
world cup
J
..I don't really have much more to say about the game..other than like I said earlier.. it's a shame one team had to lose. And for anyone that makes a gripe about the own goals..just stop now. That's part of the game.. BC plays a loose quick style.. you live by the sword..you die by the sword. No one can say Dreher doesn't deserve to be where they are after winning (i think) 19 in a row..and defeating BC 8 out of the last 9 (or something like that). BC put up a valiant effort..and I was so amazed to see them come back after such an emotional rollercoaster. Plus..the biked goals were pretty sweet.

Thanks to Kyle Heise for letting me stroll the sideline, also thanks to Richard Rowell, George Rushe, and Benny Smith for giving me some time after the game.

-
Crazyness after BC ties up 1-1 (wish this had really captured how crazy it actually was)

-
Dreher celebrating the 2nd own goal.

-
Pandemonium yet again when BC ties it up in the last minute and half(?)

-
After Dreher's first overtime goal.

-
I forget this kid's name..but I know it's very long. Heh.

-
Agony of defeat. Euphoria of victory.

..now for some Audio.

Crowd Noise: (turn down your volume)
http://www.clemson.edu/~wrozier/eportfolio/DW%20C1277.wav

Kevin Heise on the Game:
http://www.clemson.edu/~wrozier/eportfolio/DW%20C1278.wav

Richard Rowell & Benny Smith: (don't know who the lady was asking the questions..my bad)
http://www.clemson.edu/~wrozier/eportfolio/DW%20C1279.wav

Benny Smith & George Rushe:
http://www.clemson.edu/~wrozier/eportfolio/DW%20C1280.wav

..if these don't work. I'll work on it tomorrow or something.

B
throw in
throw in
B
First of all cool commentary and pics Jack!

Second of all Dreherheckler...shut your mouth. You don't even play soccer or are too horrible to make the varsity team. I'm tired of reading your rubbish. You think you can critique a game you know nothing about? Go blow yourself man. Were you one of the tools that ran over towards the BC bench after the game with their shirt off that was turned away by the Dreher team (very classy by the Dreher players might I add)? You have the audacity to tell the BC fans that they have no class? Maybe you throw frisbees on the field after the game like those other scrubs. Just get off the board you make your school look like trash.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Jack -- Thanks for your contributions to SCSOCCER.COM ... What a nice touch your audio makes! ... I just wished you would have let me know that was you!

Brace
Brace
Likewise, Jack. Absolutely classy and appropriate! Again, thanks. Oh, I believe the questions may have been from AKILAH IMANI NELSON from The State ... not certain, though

R
throw in
throw in
R
I just wanted to take a moment before things get too crazy with the move and all to thank Coaches Heise, Hiller, Hornsby and Northrup (and I guess Coach Ready for a few years too) for making my time a Dreher and in Region 5 the best. Our friendships off the field are rivaled only by our competitiveness on the field. This has been a special time in the life of me and my family. Tonight's game was the culmination of a 5 year journey that couldn't have ended in a more bizarre, yet exciting way. The crowds for both teams were awesome and the players on the field battled hard but after the game were able to leave the game between the lines. That is what High School sports is all about. Congratulations to BC on an exceptional run dispite all the distractions heaped upon you this year.

To the coaches, thank you sincerely for everything.

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Heise:
I just wished you would have let me know that was you!

Some Dreher fans had called me "Mr. Newspaper Man" ..so I was trying to act the part!

Dave- Thanks. I'd like to give her some credit. She seemed like she knew what she was doing so I kind of followed her around.

Good night all..see you guys on Saturday.

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
actually bud i did not go towards the bc players or fans. so you blow yourself. i make no claims to play soccer and am a fan only and do know the rules. you are a moron who puts more rubbish on this board than a 3rd grader would. fans in the parking lot trying to start fights after they LOST is classless, you cannot defend that. the bc celebrations, i know its a high emotion game but you have to have self control. i have seen cards issued for delay of game on celebrations when their are no bench players on the field at all. and since airhorns are not allowed at the cage bc fans should not ever bring them to memorial stadium again.

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
by the way, those fans with their shirts off have not been to a game all year and i will agree with anyone who says their idiots. and fat and smell bad. and i think i apoligized for the fans rushing the field too. so you might wanna learn to read there clayton. do you think you're cool making fun of frisbee players? i wasnt one of them but who cares?

and cool pictures. players name is asher quave-robinson.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Dreherheckler, I don't mind your posts (usually). But I didn't notice any sore losers on the BC side, most seemed sorely dissapointed, not ready to start fights. On a side note I just wanted to say that rarely will anyone recieve a caution for being as far on the field as the bc bench was. Besides, they got back in a timely manner, and the clock was stopped after the scoring of the goals anyways (or it should have been) so its not like it would have cost Dreher any time had they needed it. But they didn't, and I again would like to wish Dreher the best of luck Saturday, I'll be pulling hard for them.

B
bench
bench
B
Dreherheckler, what an idiot, why in the world would you say anything to BC supporters after the game in the parking lot? sounds like you were trying to start s#$t with us. As far as air horns, I beleive any kind of noise makers are not permitted in the playoffs. your guy on your side sure was beatin his drum all game. Also, it was nice to have your young punk greeting committee meet us at the gate to get out heckling at us, lots of class there. therewas a lot of emotion at this game you should have kept it on your side. your players and fans running to our side of the field to celebrate, lots of class there. what about the group of morons that stood behind our goalkeeper in the first overtime. i beleive if a player gets hurt, if the coach or trainer comes out to treat the player, then he has to sub. yu should read up more on your rules. i don't think you eally know what your talking about most of the time from what I've read. why would you apologize for what your fans did, do you not support them? talk about a big goober.

B
goal
goal
B
I, likewise commend LE Dude and Benp for their contributions to this site. Your love of soccer is very evident...Also, I think the young lady,Ms Nelson has done a very good job at THe State in their coverage of HS soccer. Again, thanks to all,including the Heise's, for all they do to promote soccer in SC.

goal
goal
dreherheckler sounds like a sore winner beotch to me! From all accounts on this board, the people who count(the players on the field) showed total class in a classic match that not only pitted long time rivals, but region rivals in a lower state championship match! Congratulations to a great group of kids who left everything on the field, not letting emotions overcome the desire to be great athletes and even more important, great sportsmen! It is always good to hear that in todays world of spoiled, over-payed athletes that two great teams can step on the field and battle without the smudges of cheap shots, trash talk and fights being used as a counter to great play. Congrats to the B-C team that has shown once again that they will take on any and all, they will play with the best, not shying away and not giving in. Those boys don't know the meaning of quit, and sure as hell have never heard of "can't", they will go far in life! Also, congrats to Dreher on a fine season, another group of kids that refuse to go down, Good luck to you guys on Saturday!

S
goal
goal
S
It really amazes me how fans can see two totally different sides in soccer games. Dreher won a hard fought game. Nothing really matters but the final score now. The officiating during the game was very poor. The center ref did not control the game. He is very lucky that the players controlled themselves.

Observation #1 - is it the coaches responsibility to control his fans? Outside the staduim? I thought some of the fans were excessive but there was no foul language which surprised me. What is the rule regarding noise makers? Why would that be any different than professional games? Shouldn't the school have faculty representative monitor the fans (especially at playoff games) rather than coaches who are trying to coach!

Observation #2 - to say that the own goals could have possibly gone in on their own is rediculous! The cross on the first goal was kicked parrallel to the goal with no dreher players on the back post. Unless the laws of geometry have changed there is no way that goal would have gone in.

Observation #3 - the officiating was terrible for a playoff game. The high school association must get their act together. A review process for officials should be in place. Refs should be awarded playoff games based on past performance.

Observation #4 - I was not overly impressed by the talent on the field. In the first half BC looked tired. This could not have been one of Andrew Evans best games. I saw him walking numerous times as well as other players. I know they must pace themselves but not during goal scoring opportunities. I felt BC did not take the ball to the goal enough maybe their attack is a more deliberate style. They scored on throw ins to the box. Both teams had some exceptional throw ins. Dreher needs to find an offense. The Dreher goals appeared to be more a lack of defense than offensive prowess. I felt #21 for Dreher played a great defensive game. His height and length was a huge asset for Dreher.

Observation #5 - I thought the rule governing injuries and removal of players was if the coach came on the field, not a stoppage of play as previously mentioned. The coaches did not come on the field for the BC injury. Please let me know.

The atmosphere was very good for this areas high school soccer. Why can't we get that type of fan response for all games. It is a shame to watch some very good soccer with small to non-existent crowds (especially student bodies).

V
bench
bench
V
Look, having played for Dreher and BC in the a few years ago, I know how tough they are to play. Dreherheckler sounds like his observations are right on the money. I have nothing but respect for the Heises but sometimes their fans can get out of hand after the games. I just wanted to say congratulations to all my boys at Dreher and also to all the players from BC. Good luck boys.

goal
goal
Good observations, and the thought on the players controlling themselves, that showed great passion and respect for the game. One more observation is something that was mentioned by some one else on the board....the Dreher players turning their fans away when the fans attempted to try and cross the field to taunt the B-C sidelines/stands.

goal
goal
I must say if you were not there you missed an absolutely unbelievable bizarre game!!! I must say the guys on the field played a well fought clean game. First, Dreher congratulations on a great season that is not finished!! The players on the field played a well fought game and showed a lot of respect after their victory!!! You are the hottest team in the state and you deserve that State Championship!!! BC, from what I've heard has overcome many obstacles in the season that any other team could have folded the tent and called a year!!! Congratulations for making it this far when no one except yourselves gave you a chance in $#$% to make it past the first round!!! I just want to point out a couple of players!! Andrew Evans is an absolutely wonderful player who deserves a lot of respect which Dreher showed him. If you were not at the game everytime he touched the ball at least three defenders were on him. I wish him the best of luck and sucess at USC this fall. Kevin Ros is the best defender I have seen in South Carolina period!!! You college coaches that missed out on him should be ashamed yourselves and feel disgraced. Best of luck to him at USC Upstate this fall. Carl Anderson, McClam, Thunnell, Smith, and George Rushe best of luck and sucess where you are playing this fall. You showed a lot of class last night and I respect that. And Jesus Christ who was in the centermid for Dreher, good job. The 12 Disciples you played good too coming off the bench. One last thing, THIS IS A RIVALRY GAME FOR THE LOWER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! EMOTIONS ARE GOING TO BE HIGH YOU IDOIT(DREHERHECKLER)!!!

Goal
Goal
Anyone seen Angels in the Outfield with Tony Danza and Danny Glover?

That's kinda how Dreher's season is going. I need to go to the church they go to. I bet they charm snakes or sacrifice goats or something.

S
bench
bench
S
People need to ignore dreherheckler idiot and quit giving him the attention he desperately wants but doesn't deserve. This was a great game played by 2 passionate teams. The players played a hard, aggressive but RESPECTFUL game - no cheap fouls, no cheap shots. The officiating was horrible both ways, but BC may have gotten the worst of it. But that didn't cost them the game. Most championship teams will admit it takes a little luck to win as well. With 2 teams as evenly matched as BC and Dreher, sometimes it does come down to luck. Dreher had BC's number this year and luck was a factor. That takes nothing away from Dreher and their incredible team and talent. BC had HORRIBLE luck and still almost overcame it.

As far as idiot's complaining about trash talking from BC players and fans, look in the mirror - it happens EVERYWHERE!! Some places may have more than others, but you find it everywhere. Fans hear and see what they want to hear and see. No one can hear and see it all. I know coaches in several sports at Dreher, BC, and several other schools around the state - there are always a few athletes and fans that run their mouth or get a bad reputation. That does not take away from the rest of the athletes that are playing hard. I'm done wasting my time on that wingnut dreherheckler.

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
ok in my first post i gave bc credit for a great game. i said i love watching them play. ill take back what i said about the players and coaches. i thought the celebrations were a little excessive. but both teams showed class at the finish. i stand by my statement on the fans. those kids were trying to start a fight. and apparently a dreher students car was broken into. but lets drop this and look foward to a great title game.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
A quote from Dreher coach Richard Rowell in The State Newspaper, concerning the 2 own-goals by BC in the Dreher/BC game: "It's a total fluke that it happened to them twice... but it's also a credit to the pressure our guys were able to put on them to force them into making those mistakes." My sentiments exactly!! Great game by both teams but kudos to Dreher for coming back in OT, when BC had all the momentum going for them, and scoring 2 goals in 20 minutes.

The harder I work , the luckier I get.

Go Dreher!!!!! Good "luck" in the finals!!

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by dreherheckler:
ok in my first post i gave bc credit for a great game. i said i love watching them play. ill take back what i said about the players and coaches. i thought the celebrations were a little excessive. but both teams showed class at the finish. i stand by my statement on the fans. those kids were trying to start a fight. and apparently a dreher students car was broken into. but lets drop this and look foward to a great title game.

celebrations were excessive? Did you score off a bicycle after putting one in your own net? Did you score off a turn around volley with 30 seconds left to tie it up after putting a second into your own net? No actually you didn't because you don't coach or play so you have no right to be here or comment on the celebrations.

J
world cup
world cup
J
If you think those celebrations were excessive..then you're watching the wrong sport buddy. This isn't golf man..this is soccer..this is futbol. It's excessive when players are taunting..or fans are burning down the town. Jumping around and just going nuts isn't excessive.. get over it.

Dreherguy- You need to make up your mind..whether you're going to try to be a voice for your school..or just be a heckler/hooligan. Nobody cares about your altercation outside the game..or who told you to leave..or what someone said to you..or what you said to a player.

Try a little perspective..think about that next time you post about a match.

I'm all for spirited support of your team..diehard fans..etc.. I really do envy the support Dreher (and BC) had last night..it's GREAT! ..but don't mess it up with all this extra BS.

Now that I'm done with the lecture..i'm hoping to make it out for at least some of the 3A match..and i'll be pulling for Dreher all the way! I want to see a crowd twice as big this time.. the entire Midlands should get behind these guys ..it's about damn time the Lowerstate brought one home!

R
throw in
throw in
R
Jack,
If you wear the tie and slacks again, maybe you can get credentialed into the match on Saturday.

Nice job last night and thanks for your passion about soccer.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I just may..but it feels so wrong wearing that get-up at a soccer match!

F
throw in
throw in
F
dreherheckler, your comments about our fans encouraged me to register on this website so I could reply. Like others have pointed out, this is a heated rivalry and Dreher has had the best of it for a couple of years. I'll agree that some of our fans probably did not represent our school in a manner we would like after the game. What I haven't heard anyone mention was what happened before the game.

Someone pointed out to the Dreher guy with a drum that he was banging away during the National Anthem and should stop. Apparently he and/or some other Dreher fans (I assume students)took issue with it and started mouthing off (which could have led to something). I also want to point out the students in the stands chanting "River Rats" and "Trailer Trash" toward our fans and team. I didn't hear our students chanting "Lint Heads"....

The point is, you can find classless fans at any school, so to pick out some that happens to be a big rival, is crazy. The atmosphere was electric that night and Dreher was fortuate to win, like the other two games. That's not to say that Dreher wasn't the best team on the field, because they were. Despite all the bizarre stuff that happened in regulation, Dreher won the OT outright and should win on Saturday.

I have been pleased with the respect the BC coaches and players have been receiving from others, and the most part, you too dreherheckler. They didn't come from an area rich with soccer facilities like other areas. Coach Heise and his coaches have done a remarkable job of building a soccer tradition out of nothing. Now if we can get the referees to stop holding grudges........

world cup
world cup
BCSD,

I think you registered for two reasons:
1. dreherheckler
2. take a shot at the refs

anyway.....welcome to the club!!!!

D
bench
bench
D
Both teams have fans that do questionable tasks. That is part of high school sports. BC played a great game and had a great season, Dreher came out on top and will hopefully finish out the season on top. I apologize for the drum during the national anthem, I did not realize the national anthem was being played, a BC fan pushed me over and made me very aware of it though (which was not necessary, but those things happen). The accusations about classless fans is getting a little ridiculous and excessive considering that it goes both ways.

G
bench
bench
G
dreherheckler....what were you thinking when you taunted a group a emotional teenagers after the game......kind of smart a$$ comment to make for an adult...wouldn't you think. And the reference you make to a car being broken into...well that was just stupid. Have you noticed the neighborhood the stadium is in....you know the Rosewood/Shandon neighborhoods that feed into Dreher.

I'm not sure who you are but how dare you seat in judgment of our players and fans. There is nothing on your side of the river that we are interested in!!!

Oh and a little not to 2004striker....you never did find that greenier grass...did you!

world cup
world cup
The South Carolina High School League prohibits the use of all artificial noisemakers. You won't be able to bang on that drum in Stone Stadium.

coach
coach
When he was but a boy of 15 (probably younger than dreherheckler), George Washington wrote the rules of Civility. Number 22d should have been employed on Wed. evening -
(22d) Shew not yourself glad (excessive celebration) at the Misfortune of another(BC own goal)though he were your enemy.
and
23d When you see a Crime punished (George means an own goal), you may be inwardly Pleased; but always shew Pity to the Suffering Offender(of the own goal)

These rules need to become a unison chant of all soccer fans(young and old) before every game on Sat. They will replace the airhorns and the 'hecklers' and the insults -
http://www.history.org/Almanack/life/manners/rules2.cfm

coach
coach
Now, lets say them all together............

333 Offline
bench
bench
im so happy benny scored the wo overtime goals! he is awesome!!!

333 Offline
bench
bench
two*

S
bench
bench
S
so all of the post-game whining and crying by a wecertain team's fans have "encouraged me to register on this website so I could reply."

from what i have heard...the "dreher guy with a drum" (a good friend of mine) was not aware that the national anthem had been playing, no one waiting in line for a ticket was. what you don't know is that a BC fan was waiting, more like hiding, behind the "dreher guy with a drum"'s car to pick a fight after yall LOST....and you wanna talk about class?

and no. if BC hadn't scored those own goals the outcome would not have been any different. sorry.
and yes. that ball was in. and you know which one im talkin about.

let me leave on a positive note. both teams played hard.kudos to the BC players and coaches for a hard fought game. i know yall gave it your all so well done. great season, really.

and as for dreher...we got one more game! how bout them blue devils indeed.

coach
coach
How bout George Washington!

coach
coach
I will be outside Stone on Sat, handing out copies of George's Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation.

D
kick off
kick off
D
BCSOCCERDAD: "I also want to point out the students in the stands chanting "River Rats" and "Trailer Trash" toward our fans and team. I didn't hear our students chanting "Lint Heads".... "

oh then... so i guess you missed the whole...
"Dreher is Garbage" which got the Dreher fans chanting in retaliation

F
throw in
throw in
F
Thanks Hurst 66. You're right about the referees.

I'm not going to claim I'm the most knowledgeable dad out there but the refereeing is really bad. I believe the coaches need to get together and demand the SCYSA improve the quality of the referees. I know it's a thankless job but some of the calls I have seen this year have been ludicris. Some defy common sense.

I disagree with the Dreher coach when he said "but it's also a credit to the pressure our guys were able to put on them to force them into making those mistakes." The pressure was playing for the Lower State Championship in front of a huge crowd, which I'm sure both teams aren't used to. The Dreher players, in the most part, were not near either goals. However, I don't expect him to say "Hey, we were lucky to win".

This year, Dreher is getting all the right breaks, bounces, and calls. It's not their fault and nothing should be taken away from their accomplishments and hard work. Good luck to them on Saturday.

F
throw in
throw in
F
So it's okay to respond? If that's the case(which I agree it is), quit complaining about us having no class. Rivalries should be fun, as long as no one gets hurt. The Dreher players showed class at the end. All I'm saying is quit throwing rocks in glass houses.

S
bench
bench
S
smack is an idiot - you have no idea whether the outcome would've been the same. I say the entire complexion of the game would've been different. BC spent most of the game, and all of their energy, coming back twice to tie the game. Had they not been behind, things may have been totally different. To discount that is idiotic. And to take the behavior of one or two BC fans in the parking lot after the game is moronic. I GUARANTEE if BC won the game that one or two Dreher fans would've acted the same way. There is an idiot (or 2) in every crowd. So where's your partner??

J
world cup
world cup
J
Yo "Dads" ..take a que from your coaches and let the game be what it was.. a great game. Your bickering is doing nothing but detracting from the performance of your kids. Get over yourselves.

F
throw in
throw in
F
You're right L-E Dude. It was a great game, best I've ever been to. I would have been quitely reading the board until the Dreher fans started taking shot at us. All this venom should be geared toward the REFS! Right?

I'm guessing Dreher Dad's son is dreherhecker.

bench
bench
Does anybody know anything about the Riverside/Daniel Game?

T
bench
bench
T
Riverside won, not sure about the score though

bench
bench
How did Riverside Score?

coach
coach

D
bench
bench
D
BCSDad, no one is looking to blame anyone. Just because you have to take attention off of dreherheckler dosnt mean you have to start critizing the REFS. The game was played fair, all of the what if's are pointless. Also Coach Rowell made it clear that the two own goals were a fluke, as a matter of fact, The State Newspaper quoted him in saying that, so BCSDad, although you dont "expect" him to say that Dreher got lucky, he made it clear that the situation was unfortunate.

coach
coach
Dreher is not thinking anymore about the BC game and BC fans should not be complaining about last night's game. They should be applauding the team's accomplishments this year and making it to the Lower State Final; and now to support the remaining lower state teams on Sat. because they have a very difficult challenge ahead. All this talk of ref blaming and fan conduct only hurts the game of soccer, which is played and enjoyed by our wonderful kids! It is not productive at all to continue to blame and insult each other.

D
bench
bench
D
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
Dreher is not thinking anymore about the BC game and BC fans should not be complaining about last night's game. They should be applauding the team's accomplishments this year and making it to the Lower State Final; and now to support the remaining lower state teams on Sat. because they have a very difficult challenge ahead. All this talk of ref blaming and fan conduct only hurts the game of soccer, which is played and enjoyed by our wonderful kids! It is not productive at all to continue to blame and insult each other.

Exactly was I was attempting to say...Thank you Striker

22 Offline
throw in
throw in
what exactly is a lint head...

F
throw in
throw in
F
To clarify my last statement, I wasn't refering to the refs from last night in particuler, just taking a shot at the refs in general. I actually was joking to try to lighten the mood. Forgive me for defending my alma mater when attacked.

I also wasn't taking a shot at the Dreher coach and was glad to see him being so gracious to our coaches afterwards and humble (to an extent) in the paper. Once again, Dreher was the better team but BC gave them all they wanted this year.

Once again, best wishes on Saturday. I'm done on this subject.

Goal
Goal
I believe a "lint head" is a reference to the folks that used to work in the mills and lived in mill villages, such as the Olympia Mill, Columbia Duck Mill, and Whaley's Mill in the downtown Columbia area. Many of these areas now attend Dreher, me thinks.

J
world cup
world cup
J
ANNNNYWAY.. something equally as pointless..

Looks like Riverside is trying to get some of that late 80s early 90s magic back with these horrible jerseys..

-

Not a fan. The jerseys are worth at least six goals for Dreher.

D
bench
bench
D
BCsoccerdad... great originality on using the term "lint head" to describe my school. "river rats" or "traylor trash" are only used because they rhyme with "bear cats" any team who has a name that rhymes with an unpleasant name is BOUND to get called that. However, i believe it was out of the question for you to stoop so low as to want someone to call dreher "lint heads"

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
im not sure "traylor (well put. kind of ironic. don't want to be called a lint head, yet you can't spell) trash" and bear cats rhyme. may be one of those slide rhymes they teach you at dreher.

S
bench
bench
S
quote:
Originally posted by soccernewby:
smack is an idiot - you have no idea whether the outcome would've been the same. I say the entire complexion of the game would've been different. BC spent most of the game, and all of their energy, coming back twice to tie the game. Had they not been behind, things may have been totally different. To discount that is idiotic. And to take the behavior of one or two BC fans in the parking lot after the game is moronic. I GUARANTEE if BC won the game that one or two Dreher fans would've acted the same way. There is an idiot (or 2) in every crowd. So where's your partner??

well said, nicely done...you speak so eloquently. well you are entitled to your opinion, as am i. and i say you too are an idiot - you have no idea that the entire complexion of the game would've been different. you can spend all the time you want comming up with the possible scenarios (you can look that word up if you want) but i GUARANTEE the result of the game isnt going to change. sorry. and you can likewise spend all your time trying to argue with me but that would just be petty and idiotic. im over it. as far as the parking lot situation was concerned, i was just trying to make clear what happened and was unaware that my "partner" had already apologized for what happened. moron. both teams played an awesome game. lets leave it at that.

oh and by the way...Dreher plays Riverside saturady at 4:30. but you already knew that. gah you are just so smart.

D
bench
bench
D
ive seen bc shirts with river rats on the back...kinda seems like they adopted that nickname...so uh any bc fan wanna comment on that?

Goal
Goal
wow who cares? goodluck in 2 days.

don't be a douche your entire life or you'll be a very sad person.

Brace
Brace
The nicknames are much older than most folks who post on this board. Lint Heads originally referred to attendees of Olympia High School, if I recall correctly, and the reference above to the mill workers is correct. At that time, most all the Columbia area high school students used these or similar 'non-flattering' nicknames when referring to their rival schools ... just ask anyone in their 60's or 70's who went to school then. People would move from one school to another and would often be initiated or re-initiated. School rivalries often times got out of hands then, too. So the terms used here (River Rats and Lint Heads) have been around for years. When someone says to me that I'm a River Rat, and since I'm proud of my association with B-C, I don't shirk it or take it as seriously as some on the message board have. I often use the phrase 'Proud to be a River Rat' when referring to my own school and its legacy becauses I do indeed embrace the history of my school. Both schools have a lot of history, a hard-working core of people with a 'blue collar' mentality, and both should be proud of their accomplishments and achievements - academically and athletically.

But we are straying from the fact that this was a tremendous match, tremendous atmosphere, and a lot of class shown by the overwhelming majority of people in attendance -- especially the players, many of whom played club ball with each other for years. I think moving on would be the best thing for this topic. Good Luck Dreher, we wish you the best of luck tomorrow, and know you will represent the Lower State and Columbia area with a great deal of pride. And good luck to the B-C girls tonight -- Go River Rats!

goal
goal

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
why do we hate? the two best teams just played. get mad upstate.. lets bring it home to cola... much love to BC... i did not watch the game but was told BC brought game 35 of 40 ...great job...rivalry started... late 80's when bc and dreher hooked up for the best club team ever MIDLANDS UNITED... holla

D
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
D
well i didnt intend for this to start such a controversy. i made my post pretty rashly in the heat of the moment after the game. if i could delete the last part i probably would. i should prolly not have applied the classinessless of one fan to all of bc. and i wasnt aware of the shirtless guys rushing the bc fans. its safe to say that fans on both sides were probably a little out of hand. these posts show how much of a grudge match this has become and the quality of play is always high. i hope the bc girls won tonight (keep the titles in the region).

F
throw in
throw in
F
Sounds good dreherheckler. TRUCE!

Girls played hard but lost anyway. It's easier to handle losing that way than in a fluke fashion. Like I said, the better team won anyway.

Good luck tomorrow.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard