Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
R
throw in
throw in
R
quote:
Originally posted by 3a soccer:
Because of all those players hurt isn't that even more of a reason to sub. To give the starters a rest and i also agree with cnsoccer09 that it was a poor coaching job.

Yes and no. The guys who struggled got a rest and as I said I used 6 subs. The goal is to win and I put the guys on the field that I thought could do that.

If you can replace an 80 game veteran with a 40/50 game veteran then yes. If you're replacing an 80 game veteran with a 15 game player then more times than not...no.

Alas, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and second guessing is part of the game. I can live with it. 21-4-1 means we got it right more than not.

I've stated already that we did not play our best game Saturday and as the Head Coach I take responsibility for that.

L
bench
bench
L
Well said

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
Dreher, down one , hit the crossbar midway first half. this would have changed the game.. it looked like the Dreher team was a little slow.. Riverside almost took opening kickoff down for a score... with about 15 min. to go Dreher had a quality 3 v 2, turned into a breakaway, keeper comes out saves a low shot that would have fired them up. no way did Dreher have 19 shots, 3 or 4 on goal at best.. lots of luck rebuilding for next year.. liked the #4 freshman for Dreher...if thats the type of player D can put on the field, Bluedevil fans should not have to worry.. in the 4a game i thought SV was more fun to watch, they played a more attractive style of soccer.. NW did bypass midfield for much of game, this resulted in several Enzo chances.. his finishing was off and i think he could have shot much earlier a couple of times but took the ball to the end line, once the ball went to him he seldom found a teammate.. NW had several quality chances, kepper for SV kept his team in it with two great saves in first half.. great game to watch.. all the fans seemed to be good supporters for their teams, except for one SV fan, who kept talking to Enzo every time he recieved the ball, "#2 you have no skill", "weak shot", "Show us your greencard" props to an Enzo relative for not knocking the SV "fan" out as he endured this classless barrage of iggnorance... "your in America, speak american" what a jackass.. always one to spoil the pot.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Here is an item of curiosity: we were the first team to arrive at the stadium Saturday morning and the scoreboard had already been set up with the team names on it and with a score of 3-2 in favor of the Cavaliers. The score was cleared for the beginning of the game, but ironically, the final score was 3-2 in favor of the Cavaliers!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Coach Hartnett, congratulations to Lincoln on a tremendous year!

That is ironic that the score of the 1A State Championship wound up "Cavaliers" 3 and "Yellow Jackets" 2 (PKs). However, that was the identical score the night before of Dorman "Cavaliers" and Irmo "Yellow Jackets". Interesting the way those things work out.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Thanks for the explanation--that had kind of boggled my mind.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Robert (Lincoln Coach), Scott Ruggles set up the scoreboard prior to the game and I don't think he has ESP, but then again, he may have known I was going to post this.
Good game and I can't wait to see you guys next year.
Dave Sexton
Blackville-Hilda

Brace
Brace
That score was left over from the previous night, Dorman v Irmo. I assure you, Scott Ruggles does not have ESP. I'm not sure he can spell ESP. [Wink]

Brace
Brace
...and after this weekend, I am sure he would mispronounce it as well. LOL

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Wayne,
Only if ESP were someone's name. LOL

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard