Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
bench
bench
T
I don't think I like the multiplier rule but...

If Bishop England joined SCISA – they would most likely win more championships than they do in AA SCHSL. They would most likely win in the sports they currently get championships and also be winning or at least competing for football, basketball, and baseball on a regular basis. Soccer may be a little more competitive but overall athletics I think AA SCHSL is more competitive.

They would by far be the largest student body in SCISA (there are a few schools with the same attendance around 860 – but that is including K – 12 not just 9-12) – so that would present an unfair advantage.

Maybe we can make up a league for just BE to be in since they are the only large private high school in the state– call it AAAA SCISA or something and they could be state champs in every sport every year………….

goal kick
goal kick
Can the private school recruit(sp) players, because i heard that they can

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
benP about 80% or more of the kids pretty much every year on the BE soccer team would play for wando which would just make them completeely unstoppable so the other 4A programs should be thankful BE is around. then there would be around 5 or 6 players split between JI and west ashley and maybe one or two for hannahan if Daniel Island counts as hannahan.

D
throw in
throw in
D
benp - How old are the exchange students? Will they return next year?

N
bench
bench
N
quote:
Originally posted by Dain Bramage:
benp - How old are the exchange students? Will they return next year?

I'm obviously not benp, but true exchange students are not eligible for a second consecutive year in the US per State Dept. rules.
Mine will return home on July 7th, has learned much from his experience in high school soccer this year and now understands that maybe Germany has the right idea when ALL sports are exclusive of school. Yes, that's right, there are no SCHOOL teams in Germany ...school is for academia and sports are for the time you have left over after getting your grades.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I guess exchange student isn't the right word. They are resident students, living on campus, and staying for as long as it takes to graduate, taking English as a Second language. There are a total of around 60 resident students at Ben Lippen.

Of the 3 that played this year, Kevin Chang, a sophmore and all region, will be the only one returning, and he will be elligible for 2 more years.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
What counties are James Island and West Ashley in? Berkeley or Charleston?

D
throw in
throw in
D
Ohhh...I see...call them something different than "exchange students" and SCISA doesn't have a problem with that...

D
throw in
throw in
D
JI and WA are both Charleston County.

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
What counties are James Island and West Ashley in? Berkeley or Charleston?
4A James Island Charter and 4A West Ashley are members of the Charleston County School District along with other high schools such as: 1A Academic Magnet; 1A Baptist Hill; 2A Burke; 2A Garrett; 1A Lincoln; 3A North Charleston; 1A St. John's; 2A R.B. Stall; and 4A Wando.

The Berkeley County School District has six high schools: 4A Berkeley; 1A Cross; 4A Goose Creek; 2A Hanahan; 4A Stratford; and 3A Timberland.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard