Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
From the SCHSL Constitution:

Before being considered as a member of the League, the non-public school must clearly define its attendance area
as one of the following: (1) the attendance area of the public school in whose attendance area the school is
located, (2) the school district in which the school is located, and (3) the county in which the school is located.

According to:
http://www.sciway.net/city/danielisland.html

Daniel Island is a large island located three miles north of Charleston Harbor, between the Cooper and Wando Rivers. It lies within Berkeley County but was recently annexed by the City of Charleston.

Which county can BE draw from, Berkeley or Charleston?

M
kick off
kick off
M
I might be wrong...but I believe the 'one of the following' that BE uses is not which county but an overall area...basically the Charleston Tri-County Area is the area which BE draws from.
Don't be confused, though, because as it was said earlier the vast majority of BE athletes(especially soccer) comes from Mt. Pleasant, which basically envelopes Daniel Island. The rest come from surrounding areas, no further than a 20 minute drive away.
SO...while it's possible for BE to draw from a very large area, it's hardly the case and therefore needs not be addressed.

As for BE's classification, I don't doubt that soccer could compete in both 3A and 4A, and win championships every now and then, but it's not our choice; if soccer were to be moved up, all sports would be moved up.
Instead of challenging the school's choice to be play in SCHSL, how about looking at the system itself: Why shouldn't individual sports be granted exception to move up in classification? Personally I would've loved to play in 3A or 4A when I was there. We already play the best there is throughout the season, why not allow us to compete with the best for a championship?

J
jec123 Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
J
I thought I had seen schools compete in different classifications in different sports. Maybe it is allowed when a certain sport is not played within your division. I don't think anyone in 2A would mind BE being allowed play in 4A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i totally agree with u mk#11 we already play 4A and 3A teams anyway i would have loved to play against them for state championships when i was there also but its not our choice as u said

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard